Who else thinks Park Prices & Resort Prices will Increase?

Seanual757

At some point folks will and already are asking what am I getting for my $$$.

I am an PP APH (6 passes $350 a month) and I am on the fence about renewing until we are in the clear and everything opens back up. When I am able to go to the park on a whim I have no problem paying the price for my pass but limited access to extremely limited parks and experiences is not a value to anyone.

Look at Universal the crowds are down I expect the same for Disney in the beginning they will come but most days the parks are not even at the limited capacity which for Disney should be troubling in terms that folks are not ready to come back.

When you do not have enough folks coming back to fill up resorts the last thing you want to do is jack up the prices and keep more people away.

During these time you go the other direction you lure in current and new guests wet their appetite for more and when the time is right then you raise prices they are already hungry they will bite. With 4 months off and limited access people are not as excited to spend $$$ on limited offerings.

You raise prices to those already on the fence they are gone will they come back maybe some while others will enjoy the extra saved income.

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

So I was in the market the other day and found a can of the elusive species " canius-lysolaris-disinfectium".
12oz can. $7.50😱

Lol IMG_20200628_073508.jpg

Every thing has gone up. Disney will raise prices

KenHutch

Well price always go up but this is sort of a special animal. At my temple there are people who go every year (we go every 3rd year) and almost all of them are cutting back on vacations and be cause of the expense that means no WDW this year or next. The only reason I am still planning is I have a job (working at home) and I have already saved the 20K for the trip. I expect them to try and sell everything at normal or higher prices including character meals without characters. Except for the die hards who will take anything Disney offers most people won't and some discounts will come back. A few days ago my 21 year old saw no discounts,no characters and suggested that we might want to wait until 2022 or flip to a Universal/Daytona Beach vacation for a couple of weeks. If Disney had no competition they would probably tell people that the way it is but with Universal just waiting for them to slip u[ I expect discounts.

Minnesota disney fan

So I was in the market the other day and found a can of the elusive species " canius-lysolaris-disinfectium".
12oz can. $7.50😱

Lol View attachment 480661

Every thing has gone up. Disney will raise prices

I guess you are lucky to find it at all! I have been looking for the past 2 months for Tilex daily shower spray! There is none at all, and none of the other daily shower sprays either! This is insane. Has everyone all of a sudden started daily showers and are hoarding this???
I really didn't expect this item to be absent, but there you go! A sighting of the Tilex spray is like a sighting of a unicorn:)
I also expect the price to reach 9 or 10 dollars???!!!!

eliza61nyc

I guess you are lucky to find it at all! I have been looking for the past 2 months for Tilex daily shower spray! There is none at all, and none of the other daily shower sprays either! This is insane. Has everyone all of a sudden started daily showers and are hoarding this???
I really didn't expect this item to be absent, but there you go! A sighting of the Tilex spray is like a sighting of a unicorn:)
I also expect the price to reach 9 or 10 dollars???!!!!
lol I posted the picture on my facebook page, I had 10 people offer me 10 bucks for a can. I generally do my shopping first thing in the morning, my sister in law told me whenever I see it buy it. Crazy.

Hcalvert

lol I posted the picture on my facebook page, I had 10 people offer me 10 bucks for a can. I generally do my shopping first thing in the morning, my sister in law told me whenever I see it buy it. Crazy.
About three months ago, I actually received a box of Lysol stuff (spray, wipes, and cleaner) in the mail for free for filling out a teacher survey a while back before COVID was on the radar. I was surprised they still sent it in late March nor did I remember that it was a prize for filling out the survey.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Death, Taxes and Park Admission Increases
Makes total sense prices on everything will go up including admission. Disney parks don’t want or need more guests to come for the foreseeable future but they DO NEED $$$$$

Did you see the price of breakfast at the garden grill lately? What is it like $45 a person!
Because the consumers fail. It’s economic immaturity to not consider what value you’re getting. It’s gone completely away in most places over the last 30 years.

Nowhere more evident than 32830.
At some point folks will and already are asking what am I getting for my $$$.

I am an PP APH (6 passes $350 a month) and I am on the fence about renewing until we are in the clear and everything opens back up. When I am able to go to the park on a whim I have no problem paying the price for my pass but limited access to extremely limited parks and experiences is not a value to anyone.

Look at Universal the crowds are down I expect the same for Disney in the beginning they will come but most days the parks are not even at the limited capacity which for Disney should be troubling in terms that folks are not ready to come back.

When you do not have enough folks coming back to fill up resorts the last thing you want to do is jack up the prices and keep more people away.

During these time you go the other direction you lure in current and new guests wet their appetite for more and when the time is right then you raise prices they are already hungry they will bite. With 4 months off and limited access people are not as excited to spend $$$ on limited offerings.

You raise prices to those already on the fence they are gone will they come back maybe some while others will enjoy the extra saved income.
You’d think this would happen...I’m less convinced it ever will.

mf1972

i ordered a 12 pack of lysol spray from home depot a month ago from a link my sister sent me. it’s on backorder now & they’re not sure when it’s coming in. i had the option of keeping the order open or get a refund. i’m keeping it open for now, but i was told if there’s any future issues, they’ll notify me of a full refund.

DfromATX

We lucked out a few weeks ago at Sam's Club just as they were unloading a pallet of wipes (4 canisters in each pack). So we grabbed our one pack and continued shopping. We noticed they were gone before we left the store! It's my husband's favorite store so we go just about every week :rolleyes: and haven't seen anymore wipes since. Plenty of masks and TP though, but I wouldn't mind getting a hold of a can of Lysol. ;)

Seanual757

Because the consumers fail. It’s economic immaturity to not consider what value you’re getting. It’s gone completely away in most places over the last 30 years.

Nowhere more evident than 32830.

You’d think this would happen...I’m less convinced it ever will.

I just do not see them increasing while offering bare bones. If we all accept bare bones plus a price increase shame on us this just allows Disney to before you know it increase more and even start making Fireworks, and other items an extra ticket event.

I just do not see Disney hitting people when they are down and give them the value menu offering at a premium price tag. I could be wrong but Disney is in for tough times the International travelers are not coming this year, a good chunk of out of state folks are not coming back this year.

Far too many of Disney’s demographic guests are unemployed they are not coming back anytime soon they will need to entice folks to want to come not run folks off. Once you run folks off no matter how loyal thy are you will have a harder time to convince them to come especially when guests have another option a few miles north of the mouse house.

If they can break even with the limited guests now no need to be stupid and increase and increase....

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I just do not see them increasing while offering bare bones. If we all accept bare bones plus a price increase shame on us this just allows Disney to before you know it increase more and even start making Fireworks, and other items an extra ticket event.

I just do not see Disney hitting people when they are down and give them the value menu offering at a premium price tag. I could be wrong but Disney is in for tough times the International travelers are not coming this year, a good chunk of out of state folks are not coming back this year.

If they can break even with the limited guests now no need to be stupid and increase and increase....
They’re very good at disguising their moves as “for you”

It’s the story of the last decade that few are even noticing.

You think 65 “Halloween” and “holiday” parties are “for you”?
How about “early morning magic” or “after hours magic”

Those amount to brutal price increase that are spread across everyone...just advertised as the opposite: “premium upsells”

I’m fascinated what old Bob is gonna do with a recession? He only had 1 to deal with...and to his credit he engineered it where the people accepted paying much more for the same and sometimes less.
Difference is that was at a much lower starting price point(s).

But 3x cost is normal in 15 years, right? That’s why everyone’s boss is more angry...they’ve had to pay everyone top to bottom 3x more.

And I’m not sure they can “break” even now...the logistic numbers don’t work that way. And the street would only tolerate it for a very short time. The stock was never worth $150 a share anyway...so that’s why the overlords will demand $200 in short order.

It’s really a mess...more than just one virus’s worth.

Seanual757

They’re very good at disguising their moves as “for you”

It’s the story of the last decade that few are even noticing.

You think 65 “Halloween” and “holiday” parties are “for you”?
How about “early morning magic” or “after hours magic”

Those amount to brutal price increase that are spread across everyone...just advertised as the opposite: “premium upsells”

I’m fascinated what old Bob is gonna do with a recession? He only had 1 to deal with...and to his credit he engineered it where the people accepted paying much more for the same and sometimes less.
Difference is that was at a much lower starting price point(s).

But 3x cost is normal in 15 years, right? That’s why everyone’s boss is more angry...they’ve had to pay everyone top to bottom 3x more.

And I’m not sure they can “break” even now...the logistic numbers don’t work that way. And the street would only tolerate it for a very short time. The stock was never worth $150 a share anyway...so that’s why the overlords will demand $200 in short order.

It’s really a mess...more than just one virus’s worth.

Much has changed in 15 years and this is unlike the 1st recession this time people just cannot travel and IMHO we have not even seen the wort yet just wait for October 1 when the BIG layoffs come that is the day companies that took the government funds can officially let works go.

To me maybe it's my common sense kicking in but I just cannot imagine Disney thinking it's ok to increase prices in this mess we are in.

Time will tell the next 5 months will be interesting.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Much has changed in 15 years and this is unlike the 1st recession this time people just cannot travel and IMHO we have not even seen the wort yet just wait for October 1 when the BIG layoffs come that is the day companies that took the government funds can officially let works go.

To me maybe it's my common sense kicking in but I just cannot imagine Disney thinking it's ok to increase prices in this mess we are in.

Time will tell the next 5 months will be interesting.
Well I agree there...

The housing crash did damage to the big wigs who were trying to pay themselves whatever they wanted...then it “trickled” all the way down to wreck the bottom - as these things go...

This is a little different. Fat cats are fatter and aren’t inclined to care...and there’s a systemic disruption across the consumer base. We’ve never seen it and it’s just getting started.

But you know...people can’t agree on anything anymore...even numbers that don’t have “two sides”...so who knows how it’s gonna play for Disney?

Seanual757

Well I agree there...

The housing crash did damage to the big wigs who were trying to pay themselves whatever they wanted...then it “trickled” all the way down to wreck the bottom - as these things go...

This is a little different. Fat cats are fatter and aren’t inclined to care...and there’s a systemic disruption across the consumer base. We’ve never seen it and it’s just getting started.

But you know...people can’t agree on anything anymore...even numbers that don’t have “two sides”...so who knows how it’s gonna play for Disney?

true we shall see either Disney upsets the share holders or upsets the guests who pay the bills. I would not want to be in either Bob's position right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom