Who else thinks Park Prices & Resort Prices will Increase?

HongKongFooy

I also will never get the opportunity to travel out of country to any of the other sites and may not even get to DL

This is the part that has me curious. It looks like you have no working comparison to even begin to conclude that WDW offers "more" on a pound per pound basis as you say(which is not what I was declaring. I purposely chose the word "quality").

Sure you can look at videos of rides but you will never understand and appreciate the intangibles unless you see first hand like the marvelous and breathtaking mountainous backdrop of Hong Kong Disney, the explosive and powerful sights and sounds of Mt Prometheus erupting and bellowing, the magical customer service of a TDR, the finer details of a brick Main St in Paris, the taste of other Disney destinations foods or feeling the history and heritage of walking around Anaheim DL.

How can you make such a conclusion if you lack these experiences, no?

Mickey5150

This is the part that has me curious. It looks like you have no working comparison to even begin to conclude that WDW offers "more" on a pound per pound basis as you say(which is not what I was declaring. I purposely chose the word "quality").

Sure you can look at videos of rides but you will never understand and appreciate the intangibles unless you see first hand like the marvelous and breathtaking mountainous backdrop of Hong Kong Disney, the explosive and powerful sights and sounds of Mt Prometheus erupting and bellowing, the magical customer service of a TDR, the finer details of a brick Main St in Paris, the taste of other Disney destinations foods or feeling the history and heritage of walking around Anaheim DL.

How can you make such a conclusion if you lack these experiences, no?
Or the magic and wonder of the Animal Kingdom, oh wait that's in Walt Disney World.

marktornits

I think it's easy to expect the prices to go up. I'm not sure that people will want to return for a multitude of reasons. It will be fun to watch.

Disstevefan1

Oh I agree...

...I’m just saying that “they are increasing prices because they want to reduce attendance” is a dump truck filled with manure...

Reduced attendance could possibly be a side effect of raising prices of everything at WDW, although a dump truck filled with manure parked in the parking lot of the resorts In the hot sun and humidity of Florida May also work..... hmmmm... causation or correlation?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Reduced attendance could possibly be a side effect of raising prices of everything at WDW, although a dump truck filled with manure parked in the parking lot of the resorts In the hot sun and humidity of Florida May also work..... hmmmm... causation or correlation?
No public company ever wants reduced traffic...so that one we can put to bed easily.

Disstevefan1

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well.... not exactly....
Disney Raises Theme Park Ticket Prices In Effort To Reduce Crowding
Frankly...that article isn’t worth the bytes it used. They aren’t throwing billions of capex in to have less attendance. That just doesn’t make business sense at all.

They want more attendance at higher prices. Econ 101.

That’s just a story as they experiment with testing boundaries. And before anyone says “they have to tell the truth!” Absolutely not. Not one bit when you are manipulating your own narrative.

Wendy Pleakley

In normal times, the notion that Disney wants to reduce crowds is indeed a myth.

Short term, they may be able to get away with higher prices if COVID means a cap on attendance. They could even do what some restaurants are doing and charge a COVID fee, to cover the "related expenses".

Long-term, assuming things get back to "normal" or we have a vaccine, I'd expect some discounting. I assume the economic impact will mean less people being able to travel for a period.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
In normal times, the notion that Disney wants to reduce crowds is indeed a myth.

Short term, they may be able to get away with higher prices if COVID means a cap on attendance. They could even do what some restaurants are doing and charge a COVID fee, to cover the "related expenses".

Long-term, assuming things get back to "normal" or we have a vaccine, I'd expect some discounting. I assume the economic impact will mean less people being able to travel for a period.
Strong points 👍🏻

Chickp

Prices have already gone up, at least for European visitors. I was booked for Sept this year, a week at All-Stars plus the 14day hopper ticket offered to UK guests. Had an email from Disney end of last week, offering to either go as planned but with reduced offerings (no dining plan, probably no parades/fireworks etc.) reschedule for 2021 or cancel. Looked into rescheduling; a week in late April is now close to $800 more expensive just for the hotel. The park tickets has also increased by over $50. Will be cancelling now and maybe take a trip to Cali instead next year...

Walt Disney1955

I see WDW as having more to offer --- pound for pound/ inch for inch ---- than other sites. It also gets more visitors because of many factors, such as on the whole a better weather cycle, variety of festivities and events, easier ability to draw travelers to it, notoriety and reputation, the desire of more first time visitors. Expensive, Yes.... but for those who know how to use it efficiently, IMHO, WDW has great value/ cost.
I also will never get the opportunity to travel out of country to any of the other sites and may not even get to DL, so like many other Disney goers WDW is the only Disney destination I will be able to visit.

May I ask why? Health? Age? Fear of flying?

Walt Disney1955

I think Disney will increase them, although perhaps not right away. Once they get back to full capacity they might have a discount to lure people back but once that happens the prices will go up. You can't close the biggest theme park in the world for 4 months and not expect the same company to want to find a way to make their money back. Federal/State funding will only go so far.

I also think that people don't realize just how much in jeopardy some of these non-Disney parks are in. Six Flags for instance isn't drowning in money like Disney and they have shut down their parks in a regular season let alone this unusual time. We might find out just how big of a mistake (I already knew) that the shutdowns were. You can't be in favour of the shutdowns and then wonder why things close or why the places that survive try to do things to stay alive and make up for the shutdown.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Prices have already gone up, at least for European visitors. I was booked for Sept this year, a week at All-Stars plus the 14day hopper ticket offered to UK guests. Had an email from Disney end of last week, offering to either go as planned but with reduced offerings (no dining plan, probably no parades/fireworks etc.) reschedule for 2021 or cancel. Looked into rescheduling; a week in late April is now close to $800 more expensive just for the hotel. The park tickets has also increased by over $50. Will be cancelling now and maybe take a trip to Cali instead next year...
1. UK prices are always cheaper than domestic
2. September is not a busy/expensive month...April is.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think Disney will increase them, although perhaps not right away. Once they get back to full capacity they might have a discount to lure people back but once that happens the prices will go up. You can't close the biggest theme park in the world for 4 months and not expect the same company to want to find a way to make their money back. Federal/State funding will only go so far.

I also think that people don't realize just how much in jeopardy some of these non-Disney parks are in. Six Flags for instance isn't drowning in money like Disney and they have shut down their parks in a regular season let alone this unusual time. We might find out just how big of a mistake (I already knew) that the shutdowns were. You can't be in favour of the shutdowns and then wonder why things close or why the places that survive try to do things to stay alive and make up for the shutdown.
Indeed...

Another side story is “someone” is floating a $2 trillion bailout of certain things...notable the tourism industry...that I can’t see getting past Nancy.

Not that it doesn’t make sense...but there won’t be that kind of creampuff easy money coming in based on the calendar.

This is a “political” mechanism...but it directly affects the economics of tourism. I’m not trying to start a politics debate. It is what it is.

thomas998

I think that when the reservation system is back open (who knows when that will be) there will be quite a noticeable price increase in park tickets and resort prices. I would be shocked if there were any resort discounts. Since they will be limiting the amount of visitors into the parks and resorts, it seems only logic.

What do u think?
Oh the prices always go up... but if they cut the hours, eliminate the parades, fireworks and shows then they will be hard pressed to draw the number of guests they want if they increase the prices right now. I expect the price increases will be on hold until the virus BS goes away and they start operating more normally. Would you really pay 100 dollar for a day at Disney if they had no shows, parades, fireworks or even meet and greets? Frankly I would need a big discount before I would go under those conditions.

Megamazing

In the Parks
Yes
I don’t think they’ll raise prices right away. I think at first prices will remain the same and they’ll do lots of discounts and special offers (like after the 2008 recession,) and then when crowd levels start going back up, then they’ll raise prices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom