Who else is thinking about waiting until 2020 or so to go back to the World?

You gonna wait until all of the construction is finished?

• Total voters

SteamboatJoe

For me the waiting is more about the fact that we have our first child coming March and neither one of us is crazy about changing diapers at WDW. We also aren't sure we want to take a kid under 3 either. I know its different for each kid and each family but we've known a couple of people who said 3 was too young for their kids.

FettFan

Cannot lie. With the prices, the crowds, and the abhorrent disrespect for themeing in favor of chasing the new fad dollar, I'd rather just build my own park and be done with it. With each passing day, WDW becomes less and less worth the time, money, and effort.

Might as well try my luck at Disneyland instead.

TwilightZone

Honestly, my children are getting bigger, youngest heading to high school next year so I very well may never go to Disney again. I have AP's to Universal for the family and when that is over I'll be going to other places I like. Theme parks are what they are. A knock-off of the real place with some rides. Before children went to the real places and drove local vehicles which can be more exciting than any Disney ride. LOL. I will be heading back to the great beyond until I just can't do it physically.
That has to be the most trolly comment I have ever read.
Unless you're serious, but still seems like you wanna make a lotta people mad.

I am Timmy

Well all, I have a confession to make.

I was going to hold off for a year or two going back not only because of construction but also chaotic crowds and costs, but after seeing what is happening (or what is possibly to come) for the Muppet Vision 3D as well as Hoop-Dee-Doo, DH and I might be making an impromptu trip down.

:grumpy:
HAHA, this is us. We always find a reason to go back. We might miss something if we don't! Who knows what will close next with only a month notice. Besides, there has been walls or scrims up in other years that we just lived with (AK, 2014, 2015). If we ever end up "skipping" a year, we're going to DisneySea - I really want to go there! Also wanted to add, my "boys" are 26 & 23, and we still all go together every year with little to no change in the way Disney (or Uni for that matter). I don't think age is a factor if you love the place.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Honestly, my children are getting bigger, youngest heading to high school next year so I very well may never go to Disney again. I have AP's to Universal for the family and when that is over I'll be going to other places I like. Theme parks are what they are. A knock-off of the real place with some rides. Before children went to the real places and drove local vehicles which can be more exciting than any Disney ride. LOL. I will be heading back to the great beyond until I just can't do it physically.
Okaaayyy?
tumblr_nbtf6ooLTb1qhkkp7o5_250.gif

You do know this is a forum for Disney World lovers...right?:confused:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Doesn't matter to my wife and I. I've been going to Wdw regularly since 1972 and most of what's there is new construction IMHO. I've spent plenty of years living outside the USA, so most foreign travel holds little interest.

Rsj88

We are going January 2019. We try to go every year but I’m not sure if we will go back until after the Star Wars crowds die down a bit, like Fall 2020 Also I’m really worried that the prices will be insane if we skip a year.

LUVofDIS

I don't find the attractions in WDW to be extremely thrilling, I do love them though. The only ones that come close to being an extreme thrill are Space Mountain, Splash (anticipating how wet we will get), RnRC, EE and the Tea Cups (just because I get those babies spinning close to the sound barrier). The majority are just fun to ride. For true thrill for me, it would be sky and SCUBA diving. Now that's a thrill.

aliceismad

We’re going on spring (yay!!) to avoid the Star Wars opening. It will probably be another 5 years before we get back to WDW, and then it will probably be Universal + WDW.

DH really wants to stay at the Star Wars hotel when it opens though.

When I was a kid, I was at Disneyland shortly after Star Tours first opened and stood in the crazy line. I can’t imagine what SWGE will be like. A bunch of people I know want to see it, but no one I know cares about waiting for Tron or Rat or anything else.

RScottyL

I was planning on waiting to go until 2021 which is their 50th anniversary, and it would be my 50th birthday as well! I normally had it planned for January, as that is the month of my birthday, but not sure if they will have any of the 50th memorabilia out for sale yet!

World_Showcase_Lover007

We tend not to wait until attractions are complete, but just go randomly based on work schedules, etc. There is always new stuff opening, so if we don’t see it this time, we can wait til our next trip in a year or two.

worldfanatic

Serious as a heart attack. The only reason I headed to theme parks is because I had children. They're all well and good but If I want to see Pirates of the Carribean would rather go to the Carribean and see a real fort. I have done that BTW. This is what I like to ride for a thrill. View attachment 322794
HaHa. First you make a ridiculous post.
Then you follow it up with another one and a picture of a motorcycle.

Man........World Traveler
......you're so cool.

disneyflush

I read what you are typing, but around me, there are so many people who never had any interest in WDW before, and now they want planning tips because they want to go for Star Wars. It seems to be very popular with non Disney geeks.

I definitely won't argue about the pure demand to see it. I absolutely want to see it. Star Wars is extremely popular with a whole bunch of people. I'm speaking more about what happens once people go to convert their demand into booking an actual vacation and see the bottom line price. But I agree with you, the demand will absolutely be incredible.

FNG

We are going to try to wait. Just plotted out potentially 3 trips in 2020 after nothing from August of ‘18 until then. The temptation to go before then may get us, but as of now, planning to get APs for 2020 and run Dopey, go either at spring break or early June, and then run Wine and Dine.

TraderSam

Just a short poll to see who is thinking about waiting until everything is completed at the World to go back.

Me personally, I am actually thinking about holding off for a couple of years to go back because:

1) Construction is great and all and means Disney is building new things, but....

2) Construction is everywhere and takes away from seeing the World.

Crazy, right? Not sure if I can hold off, but I am seriously considering it.

The construction is definitely a turn off. We love going to the resorts more and more. We may use this time to visit other Disney resorts. Trader Sam’s is a tough thing to go without, though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom