Who else is thinking about waiting until 2020 or so to go back to the World?

You gonna wait until all of the construction is finished?

• Total voters

graphite1326

We just got back and based on the time we had... I can wait. We had a good time. The crowds were actually light. The one thing that really spoiled it for us was the bus service. It has always been good for us in the past but this trip it was really bad. To the point that we skipped night shows because the trip back because of the bus' long lines irritated us so much it became a bad experience.

righttrack

2020 is a long time out. I was hoping late 2019 myself. I guess we will do a wait and see. When DD turns 21 we will likely go to Las Vegas rather than WDW so 2019 is probably the year for us to go back and again in 2021. I'm hoping when I do go back that AK and DS are more than the half-day parks they seem to still be right now. I'm also hoping Epcot will be more than an expensive shopping/dining trip with a few rides thrown in. I'm hoping that MK isn't the standard gathering place for massive crowds like it is right now. I just welcome more balance between the parks. It just seems now like every day starts in Epcot/AK/DS in the morning and ends up at a super crowded MK at night. Hope that gets better.

graphite1326

I selected "Other..." since I'm waiting for Bob Iger's office to freeze over before I return.
By the way it's Igor.
1540407909751.png

DisneyOutsider

Sure, there's some construction going on, but here's my thought process:
  1. None of the current construction is obtrusive to my park-going experience. It's out of the way.. not really negatively impacting my trip in any way.
  2. There will always be construction/major refurbishments going on no matter when you go. Epcot will be next in line for big construction zones and perhaps Animal Kingdom after/during that.

HouCuseChickie

Last trip was Dec 2017...won't be going back until AT LEAST summer 2021...may even push it to summer 2022. It's not so much the construction, but I would like a bunch of the construction projects finished so that there's more "new" and "refreshed" when we do make our return.

CaptainAmerica

This is one of the main reasons we're planning our next trip for June 2019. Then probably not returning until 2021. The construction really doesn't bother us, hoping for somewhat lighter crowds since that's just a few months before SWGE opens.
Same here. Going in the summer to beat SW, then taking a year or two off.

lunchbox1175

I'm not able to go as often as I used to, so I have been thinking about this a lot, if I go this year, then I will miss out on seeing a bunch of new stuff next year, but if I go next year, I will see some new stuff but be wishing I held out to see all the new stuff the following year.

nolatron

This is one of the main reasons we're planning our next trip for June 2019. Then probably not returning until 2021. The construction really doesn't bother us, hoping for somewhat lighter crowds since that's just a few months before SWGE opens.

Us too pretty much. We go every other year, with next March 2019 being our next trip. So we'll be able to check out Toy Story Land and Pandora before SWGE opens luckily. Our next WDW trip would then be 2021 and hopefully by then SWGE won't be too causing too much of a mad house, so we'll see what happens then. I know we wanna do a Uni trip at some point cause the kids wanna see all Harry Potter stuff.

DisneyFreak

We haven't been since Feb 2017 and was going to wait until sometime after 2021 to go back. However, with the news of Hoop Dee Doo review possibly being shut down we are going back this December. We are staying offsite and only going into MK, EPCOT and DHS for the first three days of the trip. The rest of the week will be pool side unplugged and chillin'!

Rumrunner

Just a short poll to see who is thinking about waiting until everything is completed at the World to go back.

Me personally, I am actually thinking about holding off for a couple of years to go back because:

1) Construction is great and all and means Disney is building new things, but....

2) Construction is everywhere and takes away from seeing the World.

Crazy, right? Not sure if I can hold off, but I am seriously considering it.

We went this past summer and since it is about 2500 miles round trip we generally go every two years. So 2020 is our next trip and I hope all the Star Wars hoopla is winding down.

At my age 2020 will probably be my last trip. Was sick the entire trip this year and was barely able to leave the motel room for 10 days.

I am determined not to end my Disney experience on the misery of 2018.
First went way back in 1975.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom