Who else here prefers a stay at a Value Resort versus a Deluxe?

redsfan4life

Excluding the costs of a value resort versus a deluxe resort, the reason I mostly stay at a value resort is because of the theme. I don't mind the buses, and I don't mind the crowds. I absolutely love love love the theme of the value resorts. My absolute favorite are the Movies and staying in 101 Dalmatians or the Mighty Ducks.

Maybe it is because of the simplicity and slight cheesiness of it all, but when I get to that hotel first thing, it puts me back into my 12 year old self's shoes and I get super excited.

Don't get me wrong though. I have nothing against a Deluxe resort. They are cool in their own right, but I prefer an All-Star stay. :joyfull:

Anyone else?
Just Pop Century before the All Stars but have stayed at all 3 of the all stars and enjoyed them

BenJacobs

Excluding the costs of a value resort versus a deluxe resort, the reason I mostly stay at a value resort is because of the theme. I don't mind the buses, and I don't mind the crowds. I absolutely love love love the theme of the value resorts. My absolute favorite are the Movies and staying in 101 Dalmatians or the Mighty Ducks.

Maybe it is because of the simplicity and slight cheesiness of it all, but when I get to that hotel first thing, it puts me back into my 12 year old self's shoes and I get super excited.

Don't get me wrong though. I have nothing against a Deluxe resort. They are cool in their own right, but I prefer an All-Star stay. :joyfull:

Anyone else?

The theming at the value resorts all seem so cheap and tacky. For the money you pay for that, I’d prefer to just stay in a non-Disney hotel, as there would be no theming, but at least the quality and level of service would be better.

Deluxe and moderate resorts all have much higher quality theming, which is what I think of when I think of Disney(their level of theming expanding past the parks).

Last edited:

PTL76

Anyone else?
Have stayed in most of the Disney resorts. Stayed at the Contemporary and the Polynesian for my Honeymoon in 1981 for $72 a night. Too expensive now. Can rent a entire 4 bedroom home with a pool 15 minutes from Animal Kingdom for $135 a night. Just not worth it to stay on the grounds anymore

Hockey89

The theming at the value resorts all seem so cheap and tacky. For the money you pay for that, I’d prefer to just stay in a non-Disney hotel, as there would be no theming, but at least the quality and level of service would be better.

Deluxe and moderate resorts all havemuch higher quality theming, which is what I think of when I think of Disney(their level of theming expanding past the parks).
I agree the theming is so cheap and tacky... It's just horrid

Darth_Wes

I don't mind the Values - it's the people who stay there that spoil it for me...:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

jk
I feel ya. We usually stay at moderates, but in December, we stayed at Pop Century...along with the entire Indiana State High School Basketball associated, their bands, and their basketballs. No sleep, and security was less than responsive to the game of basketball/fridge tossing going on in the room above us...

We literally only use our rooms for sleeping... my kids have no interest in the pools or anything else. If we are awake, we are in the parks from rope drop until they kick us out. For this purpose, the value resorts have worked perfectly fine for us and I see no point in spending more money on something we won't get any more value out of.

Granted, my trips are always in the "off-season" (Late Jan - Early Feb)... I suppose if we ever decide to try a lengthy stay over the summer I would at least consider a moderate (but still unlikely). My last stay we had extra people so we used the suites at All Star Music and it worked perfectly. Two bathrooms and plenty of room for us all to sleep!

bayoubelle

amuck, amuck, amuck
I prefer a Moderate- CSR- to any deluxe except for GF RPC. The resort grounds are so lushly landscaped. The rooms are a decent size. Loved the CMs. The location is convenient. Forgot to add that we do not like the interior hallways in the deluxe resorts. Nothing like 1 am hearing drunks walking down the corridors or 6 am having kids running and shouting. We have never had this problem at CSR because, I'm guessing, the outside walkways do not contain the noise.
When planning to take our daughter on her first Disney trip, I booked the Contemporary. One evening looking on Disney's website, I saw CSR and just fell in love with the resort. Called and canceled CR and booked CSR. Did not regret my choice even a little bit.

Last edited:

Hockey89

I would not want to eat at either every time. Some times, I'm in the mood for and willing to spend the money for fine dining. Other times, I am in the mood for fast food and want to spend very little for a meal.
Which has very little to do with me staying 7 days once a year.... Of course you are not going to eat at v&a every meal...365.... But when I'm going on vacation I'm not eating Burger King....

Tom P.

Which has very little to do with me staying 7 days once a year.... Of course you are not going to eat at v&a every meal...365.... But when I'm going on vacation I'm not eating Burger King....
My basic point was that everyone has different tastes.

I personally prefer Art of Animation to Port Orleans Riverside, for example. I'm sure you disagree. Neither of us is right or wrong. It's just personal opinion and taste.

miltimo5

Anyone else?
I love the value resorts. In the beginning I loved all star music first then sports... then movies opened. In between I have stayed at Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs and Port Orleans Riverside. I like the value better. First, i think the buildings are closer together. When we went to Caribbean Beach ( my first onsite stay) I didnt know you could request a specific bldg. we must have been at the farthest away from the main bldg. And we would grab breakfast there before heading out. now, as i get older, I want to save my walking for the parks. lol... recently I have been staying at Pop Century. The big reason -- they dont share buses. On the all star bus you would see people trying to get off at sports - then music and others would not move. plus, climbing over strollers and packages and people holding sleeping kids and they dont want to move...love POP
and years ago i would try to get to wdw twice a year. now air is so expensive and paying for luggage...etc etc I usually only go once a year...and stay from 2-3 weeks. going in october then again next april... 2 more times before i retire....and it will be pop for both.
if you want to go to any other resort to eat - go ahead no rules that say you cant. and for me to pay for a resort that has a spa, a fancy pool 2-3 sit down restaurants... not worth it. I am always out of the room by 7am and an early night (knees hurting) is getting back around 7p or 8p - usually closer to midnight. spa stuff you can do at home...i go for the shows, rides and foods.. by the way..5 more days until i can make my dining ressies....yaaa

Last edited:

EastTNDisneyfan

Anyone else?
We enjoyed staying at the All Stars resorts until a teenager kicked a soccer ball directly at us with our back turned as we were walking away from the quick service location. The ball hit my wife in the wrist and nearly broke it, did not go to ER to spend our time at the hospital. Disney sent some guys to check it out though. From that point on it was at least moderate until we became DVC members. We will never stay at an All Star again.

Last edited:

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
I do get that everyone has their own likes, but just because I like something that you don't like, doesn't make it wrong and you don't need to question or get offensive at it just to prove your point.

I mean I don't like chocolate all that much, but you might. I have nothing against you for liking chocolate.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
We enjoyed staying at the All Stars resorts until a teenager kicked a soccer ball directly at us with our back turned as we were walking away from the quick service location. The ball hit my wife in the wrist and nearly broke it, did not go to ER to spend our time at the hospital. Disney sent some guys to check it out though. From that point on it was at least moderate until we became DVC members. We will never stay at an All Star again.
Ouch! Sorry y'all went through that, but bad stuff like that could happen anywhere and not just at the Value resorts :confused:

wdwdonnie

Anyone else?
I love staying at Pop , love food court. Have stayed almost every resort and still end up back there. Only value resort I will stay at !

spock8113

For value, we love The Pop. The food court is one of the best, serving the same food you get at every other venue, value or otherwise.
Out of any of the non-value venues I'd say Wilderness Lodge / Port Orleans. Coronado and Caribbean Beach are just too big!
Just heard and had too many bad vibes from the Grand Floridian where other guests think of you as basically Jack Dawson in steerage.
Staff is great, just uncomfortable, IMH steerage O.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Just heard and had too many bad vibes from the Grand Floridian where other guests think of you as basically Jack Dawson in steerage.
Staff is great, just uncomfortable, IMH steerage O.
Xd2XVZ1.gif

Last edited:

MichiganDisneyDad4

After just getting back from staying at our favorite Pop Century resort, we loved it once again. We were able to stay in one of the refurbished rooms (60's-building 5). It was clean and very well put together. We are a family of 4 and it was enough room, but we felt slightly cramped. Overall is was a fantastic place to be! But...we have decided that our trip next year will be at a deluxe resort, one that is within walking distance to Epcot. After staying at Pop 3 times, we feel its time to move on. I am willing to pay the extra money for the convenience of being close to Epcot as that was voted by my family as our #1 park (at the moment).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom