who are you?

mrtoad

Original Poster
I read posts here everyday and respond to posts most days yet I know nobody here. I sometimes wonder what makes up a WDW fanatic. For instance I work in a department of 150 people. I know of nobody who also shares my WDW passion. People even joke around with me because they find it strange to love WDW so much.

So I was proposing that everyone (if they feel comfortable) to give a little info about themselves. Nothing that would bother you of course. It is just that I read from so many of you each day and wonder who you are. I wonder how some of you are able to go every year or three times a year (yes, I am jelous). And what makes you the WDW fanatic you are.

I will start:

Name: Mike

How I fund my WDW habit: I am a software support rep for my company. My wife is an Administrative Assistant. (this is why we can only afford to go every couple of years)

How I got hooked on WDW: My parents took me and my two sisters for our first trip in 1973. My father told me that both he and my mother never had vacations as children. He had been to Washington DC for a long weekend once with his family. My mother had gone on only one trip with her family as well. Other than that they only did day trips to the beach. Because of this, after my parents took us the first time they were hooked on the fun we had as a family. After that we went every year until I was in my late teens.

My first WDW memory: the ones that stand out most are walking down Main Street holding my father's hand. And the Haunted Mansion.

Best WDW memory: All - though If I have to pick I would say being with my family as a child, which because of my father's job that was mainly the only time we were. And my honeymoon with my wife to WDW in 1993.

Favorite Attraction: Haunted Mansion

Number of trips: 20 I believe

Next trip: Jan 2005

That is all I can think of. If anyone who responds wants to add more, please do.

DDuckFan130

Name: Regina

How I fund my WDW habit: I don't...my parents do :rolleyes: but I'm on my way to fund them...I had a summer job with my relatives and now I'm going to interview to be a substitute teacher because that goes best with my schedule in school

How I got hooked on WDW: I think gradually :lol: and the fact that my family is full of Disney freaks...none like me :D but they love it

My first WDW memory: my first memory comes from watching home videos (if you count that) and the one I watch is from my very first trip in '87 when i was 2 and they were having their 15th anniversary...my first real memory is from '92 when we stayed at the Yacht Club

Best WDW memory: too many to name!

Favorite Park: all but AK...sorry that park just doesn't do it for me as much as I love Disney

Favorite Attraction: Rock and Roller Coaster

Number of trips: 20-21

Favorite Disney movie (both animated and live-action): Cinderella, Pirates of the Caribbean...::sigh Cap'n Jack Sparrow hehe

Favorite Disney character: Donald Duck and his duck clan like Unca Scrooge, Huey, Dewey, Louie, Webby Gail, etc.

Next trip: I wish I knew :cry: but maybe in January

can't think of anymore but that's enough :D

egionet

Mike, I think this is a great idea!

Name: Beth

How I fund my WDW habit: MY PARENTS!!! Gotta love that they still pay for stuff. I have to suck it up because I'm going to be cut loose really soon.

How I got hooked on WDW: My parents took me and my sister when we were little, and I've been stuck ever since. I just can't get enough.

My first WDW memory: Being afraid of every ride that was inside because I was scared to death of the dark. I wouldn't even go on IASW

Best WDW memory: I'm not sure if I could pick a best memory. I just love it all! Although I loved when I got to see my best friend in her CM costume when she was on the CP. It was too funny! I hope to make some new great memories, when I go on the CP in January!

Favorite Attraction: Peter Pan

Number of trips: 10, I think???

Next trip: Jan 21 - Aug 20 (CP, woo hoo)

mrtoad

Original Poster
Re: Re: who are you?

Originally posted by egionet
Mike, I think this is a great idea!

Best WDW memory: I'm not sure if I could pick a best memory. I just love it all! Although I loved when I got to see my best friend in her CM costume when she was on the CP. It was too funny! I hope to make some new great memories, when I go on the CP in January!

Beth,

Thanks, I just thought it would be interesting to find out more about everyone.

Forgive my stupidity, but I have trouple with all the abreviations. What does CP stand for?

Thanks,
Mike

egionet

Re: Re: Re: who are you?

Originally posted by mrtoad
Beth,

Thanks, I just thought it would be interesting to find out more about everyone.

Forgive my stupidity, but I have trouple with all the abreviations. What does CP stand for?

Thanks,
Mike

CP is the college program, where college kids get a paid internship to work as cast members at WDW! Basically their cheap labor, but a great experience so I've been told! I just got accepted to the program last week, and I can't wait to go! I think I write about it almost every time I post something. Sorry for the confusion!

mrtoad

Original Poster
Re: Re: Re: Re: who are you?

Originally posted by egionet
CP is the college program, where college kids get a paid internship to work as cast members at WDW! Basically their cheap labor, but a great experience so I've been told! I just got accepted to the program last week, and I can't wait to go! I think I write about it almost every time I post something. Sorry for the confusion!

Beth,

That sounds great. I wish I could have done something like that. I hope that someday after my daughter goes to college if we can swing the lower income, we could move to FL and get a jobs at WDW. It has always been my dream to work for WDW. Everyone told me when I graduated from HS to go work for WDW. As much as that would have been great, I might not have met my wife and had my wonderful daughter. So I guess everything works out for a reason.

Good luck with it. I'm sure you will have the time of your life.

Kenan

Name: Kenan

How I fund my WDW habit: The Big Cheese writes my pay checks

How I got hooked on WDW: Probablly back in 1996 when my father sent away for our first vacation planning video. After I seen the video, and brochure, I was hooked, and it hasnt stopped, and I dont think it will.

Favorite Park: Epcot

My first WDW memory: My first time was when I was 3, but I vaguely remember it. The only thing I remember about my trip to FL/WDW, is Daytona Beach.

Best WDW memory: Coming to WDW for my 18th birthday with my cousins. 21st birthday next year, will be an even better memory..(if i can remember that is..hahaha)

Favorite Attraction: Test Track / Splash Mountain

Number of trips: 4 (from NY)

Next trip: Continuous

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Name: Rob

Location: is everything. I prefer my habitations on planet earth

How I fund my WDW habit: not paying has its perks

How I got hooked on WDW: when I was a kid I fell in love

My first WDW memory: epcot in 1985

Best WDW memory: Osbourne family spectacle of lights

Favorite Attraction: tower of terror

Number of trips: over 1000

Next trip: tomorrow

DisneyFreak721

Name: TONY

How I fund my WDW habit: First 2 trips-Parents....3rd trip, convinced my french teacher to take us on a class trip, and then had grandparents pay for it as a graduation present...this trip coming...."Birthday Present" to see Mission: sPACE and then I order the free videos/DVD.

How I got hooked on WDW: Father/Grandfather took me to DisneyLAND when i was three...ive been a psycho Disney Fan ever since.

My first WDW memory: Going through Space Mountain on the then WEDway Peoplemover (Now TTA) and having my mom try to convince me to ride it saying that it doesnt go fast and then watching the ships go downhill at that moment.

Best WDW memory: Going with friends in 2002 and creating a thrill level 5 coaster on CyberSpace Mountain at DQ and then riding it after having been up for 26 hours straight.

Favorite Attraction: Twilight Zone Tower of Terror/Haunted Mansion

Number of trips: 3, soon to be 4

Next trip: Nov. 16th

Dean[AU]

Name: Dean Barnett

How I fund my WDW habit: Dad :)

How I got hooked on WDW: By accident, Orlando trip.. Disney Magic ate me

My first WDW memory: Seeing the main gate and the groovy street signs.. oh and all the busses!

Best WDW memory: Every Single Trip

Favorite Attraction: Splash

Number of trips: 3

Next trip: Easter

Badger Brent

Name: Brent

WDW funding: A lot of hours at my bowling alley!!

# of trips: 8 and counting..

Fav. park: Epcot

Fav. ride: Peter Pan's Flight

First Disney memory: The Rescuers in the theatre when my aunt Minnie took me.

First WDW memory: Our honeymoon in Oct 89

Next trip: July 2004

Merlin

Account Suspended
Name: Jon

Status: Happily married for 7 years as of yesterday (10/19)

How I fund my WDW habit: My job as a corporate trainer

How I got hooked on WDW: From dreaming of going there all my life and then finally getting to go in 1990 for the first time.

My first WDW memory: The week before Christmas the year of Desert Storm. The parks were empty and it was absolutely beautiful. It was 80 degree weather and back home they were having a record cold winter.

Best WDW memory: As bizarre as this sounds, my wife and I went one year and didn't go to any of the theme parks. We just hung out a Fort Wilderness, the hotel pools, Typhoon Lagoon and Pleasure Island. We still talk about that as our best trip...though we haven't been able to go back and resist the parks like that again.

Favorite Park: Epcot

Favorite Attraction: Tower of Terror

Number of trips: On average, 2 to 3 times per year since 1990...you do the math, I've lost count.

Favorite Disney movie (both animated and live-action): Beauty and the Beast, Swiss Family Robinson

Favorite Disney character: Tigger

Next trip: First week in December (for my birthday)

djmatthews

Name: Darren

How I fund my WDW habit: Well, I have only been to WDW twice as i went with my folks they paid for everything.

How I got hooked on WDW: Became interested in Disney parks when my Dad worked on the EuroDisney project. But it really kicked in in 1997 after my first trip to Orlando.

My first WDW memory: Being at the Ticket and Transportation Center, seeing the castle (Big Pink Cake) ascross the lake.

Best WDW memory: The magic you feel when you are there.

Favorite Attraction: I have a few... Tower of Terror, Rock and Roller Coaster, Splash Mountain.

Number of trips: 2, 2 week holidays.

Next trip: Was June 2004, but I think due to circumstances it will be June 2005.

Marijil

My name is Dave....."Hi Dave"

I have a....Disney...problem..

:lol:

Name: Dave
Job: Attorney

Other Stuff: We drove to Clearwater Fla every year as a kid to see family...we went to Disney for the day...never stayed..when I was in college I got accepted to College Program as attractions host but didnt go...big regret.....later, my brother won the McDonalds Monopoly game and we went all expenses paid to contemp tower....now that I have my own family, we go every Thanksgiving...

I've been hooked since I was 12...read every book, website etc....been there as resort guest 12 times....over 15 as day guest...

A website like this is like therapy for me...

I'd love to work for the wdw organization but i think its too late for me....great thread!

DarkImage4

Name: Todd

How I fund my WDW habit: Working 4 or 5 jobs at once

How I got hooked on WDW: It's all my wife's fault, now I can't stop.

My first WDW memory: Seeing the CastleCake across the Seven Seas Lagoon

Best WDW memory: Arriving for my honeymoon and checking in at the Somtemportary for 11 nights.

Favorite Park: The Magic Kingdom...without a doubt

Favorite Attraction: TIE - The Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Number of trips: 6

Favorite Disney movie (both animated and live-action): Lion King and Pirates of the Caribbean

Favorite Disney character: Mickey Mouse as the Sorcerer's Apprentice

Next trip: Spring or Summer 2004

Debbie

Name: Debbie
How I got my WDW habit? My first trip in 1976, I was letdown because my parents got the cheapest ticket books. Then in 1981, my aunt and uncle invited me to go with their family. We stayed at the Contemporary for a week and I fell in love with WDW.
How I fund trips? In the '80's, I was single and had all the money to spend on myself. My husband and I were both laid off in 1998, and 2000, respectively. Since we started our own business, we haven't had a vacation since our last trip to WDW in August 99.
Favorite Park: MK
Favorite Attraction: HM
Next Trip: A girls only trip in December to celebrate our 40th birthdays.

Shaman

Name: Oz
How I fund my WDW habit:I work part time and save money like crazy...it also helps to have people who help...the annual pass fund. ;)
How I got hooked on WDW: My first trip...and I haven't looked back sense. :D
My first WDW memory: can't remember seems like eons ago :lookaroun
Best WDW memory: New Years 2002
Favorite Attraction: Kilimanjaro Safari
Number of trips: too many to count
Next trip: soon

:hammer: :wave:

wdwhoneymooner

Name: Andy

How I fund my WDW habit: Giving up golf!

How I got hooked on WDW: I think I was born this way.

My first WDW memory: Riding the Monrail thinking it was the subway ("T") back in Boston

Best WDW memory: 1) Honeymoon 2)Son's first trip

Favorite Attraction: Mine:ToT, For my son: IASW

Number of trips: more than my fingers and toes. I think 22.

Next trip: Oct. 2004?

Steamboat_Kevin

Name: Kevin

How I fund my WDW habit: I don't, my parents do :lol:

How I got hooked on WDW: That one's still in the air, I'm not quite sure. I first went in 1996, but I think when I went with my cousins in 2002, I got hooked.

My first WDW memory: Riding the WDW Railroad and making a fort in our hotel room for my beanie babies :lol:

Best WDW memory: Well, not really WDW, but my Disney's Vero Beach Resort vacation with my whole family on my mom's side was the best vacation I've ever had. It was soooo much fun!!! Plus, we went to the MK! :D

Favorite Park: The Magic Kingdom.

Favorite Attraction: Muppet Vision 3D

Number of trips: 3
Favorite Disney movie (both animated and live-action):
Monsters Inc. and Pirates of the Caribbean

Favorite Disney character: Donald Duck, Tigger, Timon, and Mike
Next trip: Probably early 2004 :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom