Who all has stayed in the standard garden view rooms at Polynesian?

Flower'sChild

I wanted to see who all has stayed in a tandard garden view rooms at the Polynesian. What did you think of the rooms and the view that you had. Also does anyone have any photos of these rooms (the window view ect.). I am thinking about putting in a request for a view of the monorail.

TOTGuy

I know the polynesian very well. The garden view rooms offer views of either garden, marina, pool, or parking lot. If you are looking for a good monorail view Aotearoa is very nice. Requesting a monorail view isn't something many people request so it should be no problem at all. They are all two queen beds and a daybed. If a balcony is important to you, request one. The second floor rooms have no balconies except in Tokelau, Rapa Nui, and Tahiti (none of which have monorail views). The third floor has a balcony and first has a patio. Hope you enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Worked for us. We were in Fiji facing Lua Cove, the din was noticeable but not realy a problem as we were out and about when the show was on and only heard it in passing. We had a ground floor room so were able to sit out, however watching weirdos sweating profusely as they ran past on a ritualistic jog took some of the romance away.

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

We stayed in the building next to the GCH (can't remember the name) it was a second floor room that looked out on the parking lot and Monorail.

The room was pleasant, clean and quiet. The building was located close to either pool and of course the GCH.

DS and I like the resort very much. DW didn't like the bathroom, she felt it needed updating and did not like how after getting off the monorail you had a walk the length of the GCH to get to the stairs to go down only to go back up another flight of stairs to our room a minute later, minor stuff in my book.

I found the cast members at the Poly to be very polite and helpful; I have read reviews that stated the opposite. I can tell you this was not the case with any cast member I encountered.

Upvote 0

corey154

I didn't book the room when we stayed there so I'm not sure what the room catagory was under, but it was the "rarotonga" building and it was wonderful!! We faced the monorail, and it was first floor so we walked right into our building from the lobby and our room was a few steps away! Not only did we love watching the monorail, there were bunnies and ducks out our sliding doors...and everytime we visit the MK and take the monorail to our car we pass the room we stayed in and always brings backs great memories!

Upvote 0

Rogue21

Garden View at the Poly

I stayed at the Poly for the first time this past April. My room was a garden view and had the monorail "shushshing" by the window every 10-15 minutes or so. It was in Aotearoa, second floor. No balcony but the windows opened pretty wide to let in any existing breeze -- and the sound of the monorail. I wasn't bothered by any outside noises -- usually back to the room after the luau was over. :D

There was no problem with the location either. It was a short walk to the boat dock or beach to watch the Electric Water Parade or fireworks at the MK.

I have some pics of the view and the room, but I haven't set up a Photobucket account yet. (Maybe I'll get to it this weekend. At 97 degrees, I probably won't be at the softball fields.) PM me and I'll be happy to send some along.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

In May '09 I stayed in a garden view with my brother & his girls. We were in Tokelau, first floor, out towards the end of the building closest to Sunset Point. Our patio led out to a pretty grassy area with a sidewalk & other buildings beyond. I thought it was a very relaxing view. I liked being on the ground floor because we didn't have to do the elevator thing. The building is super convenient to everything including the bus stop, GCH, walkway to the TTC, guest laundry, Sunset Point, etc.

If you go to the Tikiman's pages you can read more on each house and see pictures of some of the views so you get a better idea what is what.

Upvote 0

donaldfan

We stay at the Poly every year in October for Food & Wine fest, always in a Garden View. We like (request and always get) the third floor of Tokelau. As long as you are at the Poly, I don't think you can have a bad view!

Upvote 0

Kelle0702

Last summer my family and I stayed at the Poly, it was a room on the third floor of Rapa Nui and we had a monorail view. Our only complaint was that Rapa Nui was really far away from the GCH but then again walking back from the Marina to the hotel at night was also one of my favorite memories, it was so quiet and peaceful. I guess it depends on your mood!! By day 2 we realized it was just easier and quicker to get off at TTC and walk to the room. But I highly suggest Tikiman's web page, it has a great map of the layout and tons of photos.
I'll be there again in 2 weeks and staying Garden View again & I really wouldn't care if I stayed in Rapa Nui even with my "complaint" Also I found a photo which was the view from our room. I'm always the first one up and dressed so I loved sitting on the balcony in the morning just watching the monorail zip by.

n557651574_2269451_3738905.jpg

Upvote 0

Flower'sChild

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. I read every post. Soon I will be about 10 days away from my vacation and I can start to put in my request/requests in. It's fun to get ideas.

Another thing I am thinking about is the Samoa as that is really close to the Volcano Pool. It would be a short walk and if my window was facing that pool that would be a nice view and a very short walk. Also it's close to the Great Ceremonial House. On the other hand if I am not so close to these places it would be a nice walk back to my room and to the pool and the Great Ceremonial House and so on. Now any walk back will be nice. And some night I might go out of my room and enjoy a little walk around the resorts. Basically anything I get will be fine.

I like to walk. I booked 2 dinners at the Grand Floridian for this vacation. I might walk back to my room from both of these places and enjoy the walk to my room. One of them is Victoria & Albert's and I might want to take the Monorail there since I booked Victoria & Albert's for 5:30 pm and I might not want to walk in my suit when it's that hot.

Another thing is when I stay at a Disney resort I like putting my Precious Moments dolls by my window to display them. I believe there is a table in the room so I might put the table by my window and set my little dolls on the table :)

Upvote 0

tracyandalex

we have stayed on the right side of the cove and on the left side of hte cove. we prefer the rooms on the right side, the walk is a little further to the main building but the floor plan of the rooms is better. our favorite garden view house is tahiti. you can walk to he monrail, it has a garden view (not a parking lot view) and there is a hammock on the beach that is perfect for watching the ferry, space mountain, the castle, and the fireworks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom