Whispering Canyon cafe:

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
This is one of the dinners we chose it's not a character meal but heard my kids would like the place. What's your impression of this place and did you like the food?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Love the place. The food is really good....it is not mind blowing, gourmet cuisine but it is good none the less. Very fun and rowdy atmosphere. Do not expect a quiet meal.

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
Love the place. The food is really good....it is not mind blowing, gourmet cuisine but it is good none the less. Very fun and rowdy atmosphere. Do not expect a quiet meal.
Great glad to hear we have this as one of our reservation, loud is probably better since we have a 8,5, and a 1 year old not sure how well the 1 year old will do so if she fussy it won't matter much, LOL:lol:

nibblesandbits

This is definitely a fun place to go...even minus characters!

Just to give you an example...my husband and I went here this past Sept. My hubby "mouthed off" to the waitress about finally bringing the food (totally playing with her...) and she sent him to a little corner and put him in time-out! Then, when he proceeded to take out his cell phone out (why, I can't remember) She took the phone and sent a picture of him in time-out to one of our friends. It was hysterical. Although, of course, this is not common...but it is an example of how the waitstaff likes to have fun at this place.

There are pony rides and make sure to ask for a Large beverage...and yes...don't forget to mention you'd like some ketchup. :)

As for the food...it's relatively good. We usually get the skillet, as there's a lot of yummy food to pick from on it and it's all you can eat. I really think you'll enjoy your experience here. Definitely a good place to go and eat.

Goofygirl07

Although I have not been there myself, I have heard great things about this place. My family will be eating there for the first time in July!\
I'm sure it will be great place for y'all to eat!

dreamscometrue

We love this place and always go at least once. We just booked for 8 of us on the next trip and there is only 1 person in that group under age 18. We find the portions large, love the bottomless milkshakes and, as DVC members, always enjoy a stroll around the Wilderness Lodge.

Oh yeah, and it's a great place for kids too. :)

We went in November for the first time. Believe me it will not be our last. We had a great time. Our waiter was Alberto, he was hysterical. We were celebrating our 26th anniversary and he brought us champagne and everyone toasted to us. He made us get up and kiss in front of everyone, since everyone wasn't at our wedding. Very sweet. My husband drinks really fast, he bought him a tall mason jar...:lol: After seeing what happens when you ask for ketchup our 15 year old was scared to ask......Go and enjoy. I'm sure you will!!!!We are going back in November on or next trip.

We had a great time at whispering canyon. If I remember correctly, we went froma park to the whispering canyon for lunch. The pulled pork was pretty good. I think I had the skillet. I accidentally drank my root beer too fast and they gave me the large size. Which is about a gallon of root beer.

We were able to walk right into the resturant and get a seat, no waiting required. Then we wandered the Wilderness Lodge grounds for a while.

PixyDust

They used to make hats out of your napkins a few years ago, so the last time we were there and our waitress didnt, my son made one anyway. She made him stand in his chair and show it off.
My kids love the Universal Studios oath and the horse race.
Once our waitress made a straw out of like 10 straws since she brought out a "large" sasparilla drink for him.
We plan to eat there again this year and when I suggested breakfast instead of dinner, my son said no - he has to eat there when his food needs ketchup.
Your two older kids are the perfect age for this place. The youngest will be fine as long as they are ok with noises. When they bring your food, they walk the trayholderthingie slamming it down with every step to make it sound like a horse. Its a very loud place. I can't imagine working there.
The food is fine, tasty. Nothing extremely special about it but it does taste good and its a very large portion. Its kinda like Hoop, the food is good and filling but you are there for the show.

tigsmom

It's a must for us, especially breakfast! Our kids have loved this since our first trip there the year after the WL opened. There are times that it is more sedate than others (depending on the diners and their willingness to get involved), but it's always a good time with good food.

WDWmazprty

We went last year and are doing it again in Sept. Its a fun place with good barbecue. Its the atmosphere that makes WC awesome. As you probably already heard, ask for ketchup, especially if you have kids! :wave:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I felt the quality of the food in the skillet was not as good as previous visits, and the chicken so heavily seasoned it was left by everyone at the table. We are going again this trip but will just avoid the skillet.

The last time we went was just that, the LAST time. The food was adequate and the service was horrendous. The waiter, when he bothered to serve us, refused to both serve my mother coffee because it was made at the start of the night (we had a late seating) and also refused to make a fresh pot. Also the antics have grown tired and can get to be a bit too much when one is tired from a long day in the parks.

I wish they'd offer some "antic-free" dining time so people could just go and enjoy the restaurant without all the chaos.

We won't be back to WCC anytime in the near future, even if we decide stay at WL again.

heartodisney

So....I have yet to eat here...what does happen when you ask for ketchup? Growing up, my sis put this on EVERYTHING! Should I ask that she should have this done to here or somehow get her to ask, and should I have a camera ready?

Auroragirl

So....I have yet to eat here...what does happen when you ask for ketchup? Growing up, my sis put this on EVERYTHING! Should I ask that she should have this done to here or somehow get her to ask, and should I have a camera ready?

Well... when you ask, your waiter/waitress will have you yello out, or they will yell "We need ketchup!!!!!!!" at the top of their lungs... and everyone in the restaurant who has a bottle, or two, of ketchup will bring it to your table. We ended up with more than a few bottles of ketchup.

It can get alittle loud, and like someone said, if you've been out all day, do not expect to have a nice quite meal.

friday150.jpg

Auroragirl

Oh yes...
If you are on the dining plan, ask for milk shakes (you can get them here on the DP). They are DELISH!!!! And you can get strawberry... then ask for chocolate... then a vanilla one. Very yummy!!!!:slurp:

heartodisney

Well... when you ask, your waiter/waitress will have you yello out, or they will yell "We need ketchup!!!!!!!" at the top of their lungs... and everyone in the restaurant who has a bottle, or two, of ketchup will bring it to your table. We ended up with more than a few bottles of ketchup.

It can get alittle loud, and like someone said, if you've been out all day, do not expect to have a nice quite meal.

friday150.jpg

Oh..it's on now for my sis! This will be VERY good! Thanks! :wave:

Auroragirl

Thanks again..I hope Jon is doing ok! :D

Jons good... busy as a bee.
I finally have more time to be on the forums, especially with the school year almost over!!!!

WC is alot of fun! And we didn't have as many ketchup bottles as one of the other tables close to us did!!! They had AT LEAST 25 bottles!!!!!! The shakes are really good!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom