Which would you rehab?

Which ride (if you could only pick one) would you rehab?

• Great Movie Ride

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Space Mountain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Universe of Energy

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Innoventions

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Star Tours

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Journey Into Your Imagination

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Haunted Mansion

• Living Seas

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Tiki Room

• Total voters

thedisneyfan

Original Poster
Okay everyone, we know that there are several rides/attractions at WDW that we would all like to rehab. So, which one, if you could only pick one, would you rehab?

For me, I would pick JIYI. The ride simply lacks imagination for me.
This ride has got to be the most vibrant most imaginative ride at EPCOT (if not WDW)---I mean what's the ride supposed to be all about anyway? The end of this ride with simple strands of red mini Christmas lights---whew what an imagination that must have taken. The workers must have spent overtime coming up with that one! This ride needs to be rehabbed to take you into the most colorful, most exciting, most musical filled place. It has got to wow you from beginning to end. It needs to take adults back to their childhood days where they still had such flights of fantasy and minds full of imagination while completely aweing children with its grandeur and beautiful imagination. Oh yeah, and FIGMENT needs to return throughout the ride guiding us on this true journey into imagination rather than the bag of magical---or should I say practical tricks---that the current JIYI is.

Brett

Wow, neat thread. I said the Living Seas, which is probably going to go under some changes soon. I chose this because out of the rides you listed, it's the least entertaining to me. Journey isn't that great, but the main reason to rehab it is to bring back Figment, which needs to be done. The Living Seas just needs something totally new.

DisneyFreak

I had to go with The Indiana Jones Stunt show. They need to at least change the scenes that they do. They have been doing the same exact one since it opened in 1989!

But I also agree with disneyfan that JIYI is a total dud. For a ride that has to do with imagination there wasn't much put into the ride.

The Mom

Premium Member
I agree! They need to rehab the rehab of JIYI. Does anyone remember the original movie? It was a bit of a yawn, but at least it didn't blow your ears off like Captain EO, or scare little kids like Honey I Shrunk the Audience. I also miss the interactive zone. It was a great place to go to cool off or wait out a thunderstorm.
I also miss Figment & Dreamfinder (well, mostly Figment) He was my daughter's favorite!!

Ariel

I am with the majority - JIYI really needs to be rehabed...I miss figment. This ride has really lost all...oh I don't know...imagination?...for me. I'd like to see something done soon....

jay_london

I think it can only be one ride and yes most of you agree that awful botch of a rehab has to go, jiyi you are the weakest link-GOODBYE.

jay

Disney Maniac

I said Journey Into Your Imagination simply because the ride that is there is not at all exciting, has no real story behind it, and is just plain dumb. I really get to wondering what Eisner was thinking when he let Figmet and the DreamFinder get scrapped:confused: :confused:

Sire_Bobbie

I agree JIYI could really do with an overhaul. It does have the basis for a really interesting ride, I mean just think about what goes on in your imagination.:eek:

JAY-ROD

well I think it should be STAR tOURS. its way out dated and would really be great for that ride and the park if it got updated :)

sillyspook13

I chose JIYI. They could bring back the original and give the cool fiber optic lighting to me! I at least want them to bring the old Image Works back.

Actually, Eisner HATED the JIYI when he checked it out. The ride was supposed to be changed back, but there were delays due to the Millennium Celebration.

popkid

voted for jiyi... i can't even imagine how someone could think getting rid of Figment was an option

it's even more ridiculous (spelling?) that the gift shops are still stacked with 'Figment' figments...

when i was last at epcot the CM said the amount of complains over jiyi was simply staggering...

they did have one good point though - they said it wasn't anyone's favorite attraction until it was gone... so, if you've got a favorite now be sure to speak up and let disney know so you're not crying the 'lost loved attraction blues' someday

WDW-Imagineer

I'd have to say Star Tours. Although it is still a great ride, there should be a few more movies to watch. You can only watch the same thing over and over again.

My favorite part; on the instruction video - when somebody takes a picture and Chewbacca starts to go crazy and scream.

markymark

I personally would rehab Star Tours (isn't there supposed to be a new ride based on the Pod Race?). I don't think JIYI needs a rehab - I think it needs totally ripping out!

Tramp

The current JIYI sucks ....big time....

We will not go into it this year...total waste of time and our little way of protesting the loss of Figment....

If i had my way, I'd post a "RESTROOM" sign on the front so as to more appropriately define it's contents.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom