Which water park

k.hunter30

DH and I will definitely have at least one day for a water park. If we can't make it to both during our trip, which one should we pick?

I will not do the wave pool (I'm just not a huge fan of water). I have been on Summit Plummet before. Really, my favorite thing to do there is hang out and get a tan while on the lazy river.

So, taking the wave pools and Summit Plummet our of the equation, which park is best? Is one less crowded than the other? (We'll be going next week)

MandyJ72

We always find TL more relaxing than BB but have decided to skip TL this year - been twice and every time I get really badly surnburnt no matter what I do - never happened at BB and even through a t-shirt with surfers waterproof sun cream on (reapplied every time I get out the water I still burn badly (very badly!!)

M
x

Upvote 0

mitchk

That's a good question. I feel they both have their strong points. I really like BB long raft ride (Summit Plumit is one my girl won't get on, but I have to every trip just to say I did it), but like others have said, TL is a more relaxed atmosphere. If you haven't been there since Crush 'n Gusher was put in, I'd defiantly do TL, if you had to pick just one, but if your anything like me, I'm just not satisfied with only one water park. BTW, doe's anyone else think Humga Kawabunga(sp) packs more of a punch than Summit Plumit. I rode HK for the first time last year, and it took my breath away (literally). Whatever you choose, have a great time :D

Upvote 0

justducky78

Both waterparks are great in the own way. BB has better, bigger slides and I like the fact that you can use tubes in the wave pool. It is a sunnier park, though and there are A LOT of stairs so sometimes it feels more like a workout than fun!

Typhoon lagoon has an awesome lazy river, more relaxing slides (not as many stairs that go straight up and down) and the new coaster slide. There are more trees which means more shade and this has now become my favorite waterpark.

Regardless of which park you go to, I recommend using the extra magic hours in the morning -- you'll get great parking, get into the park early without the crowds. We were able to go on all of the slides over and over again with no lines - it was awesome!

Upvote 0

DisneyMusician2

BB is BY FAR the better themed water park, and is often regognized by international media as such. But it has more of a thrill seekers idea to it, so allowing for your preferences, TL may be the better choice.

Upvote 0

coltow

Given you're looking to relax and hang in the lazy river, my vote is for TL. It is absolutely more relaxing than BB and I think the lazy river is better too.

Upvote 0

k.hunter30

Original Poster
Both waterparks are great in the own way. BB has better, bigger slides and I like the fact that you can use tubes in the wave pool. It is a sunnier park, though and there are A LOT of stairs so sometimes it feels more like a workout than fun!

Typhoon lagoon has an awesome lazy river, more relaxing slides (not as many stairs that go straight up and down) and the new coaster slide. There are more trees which means more shade and this has now become my favorite waterpark.

Regardless of which park you go to, I recommend using the extra magic hours in the morning -- you'll get great parking, get into the park early without the crowds. We were able to go on all of the slides over and over again with no lines - it was awesome!
Does that go for both of the water parks? I can't remember if I've done the morning magic hours there before, but I remember Summit Plummet having a fairly good sized line when I first arrived...?

EDIT: of course that was the week after the fourth of July...

Upvote 0

snoble

We did TL on our trip there and is was AWSOME!!!!! We loved swimming with the sharks. Does BB have a wave pool? Is it as big as the one at TL?? I saw someones post that said you can use tubes in the wave pool.

Upvote 0

J_Krafty24

I can't wait to go back to TL in September. I haven't been to TL since I was in elementary school. I tried to snorkle across the coral reef thing but didn't get the concept of not turning my head. I kept getting water in the tube. Though it's been awhile since I've been to either park I like the atmosphere of TL better.

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

I hear that River Country is hardly ever crowded anymore! :p

That's too funny, sad that's it's true, but funny.

I vote for TL. It's been a while since I've put my Speedo on, but this thread has made me want to bring it out for the first time this season!

I like TL, just doesn't seem to be a "hurry" type of place that BB does. Don't get me wrong, both parks are awesome, but TL seems to be better in my opinion, especially with Crush n Gusher!

Have fun! Don't forget your sunscreen!

Upvote 0

wdwtiggerga

TL Rocks

I have to put my vote in for TL, its nice and relaxing if you want but it also has some awesome thrills as well, where else can you swim with sharks, plummett 214 feet in a matter of seconds and also ride the only water coaster at Disney, but of course this is just my opinion!

Upvote 0

Goof-Man

So, taking the wave pools and Summit Plummet our of the equation, which park is best? Is one less crowded than the other? (We'll be going next week)[/quote]

I would say that I have always found TL better for crowds, and that depends on when one usually goes. But TL is better for relaxing.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom