Which water park is best for a four year old?

Disneykidder

We are going to WDW this summer and want to try a water park this time. We are interested in knowing which one has the most activities/rides for a four year old.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.:wave:

danpam1024

TL also has great kid area and beachy areas. The great thing about WDW water parks is they both have lots to do for the little guys. TL always seems less crowded for some reason :shrug:

Upvote 0

elizs77

We did both when our son was three and a half. We definitely liked TL the best! Our son isn't afraid of anything, and we actually didn't spend a lot of time at the kiddie part. He rode all of the slides that he could based on height, which basically meant all except the thrill rides. I would go down first, stand in the pool to catch him, and hubby would bring up the rear just to make sure he was fine. We had no problems. Actually, our TL day was probably the overall best day we had!

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

IMO either would be a great choice. TL does have a very shallow play area that is connected to the wave pool but protected from the waves.

Upvote 0

Jellyfish

Either is good really, BB and TL have child places, though i prefer the rides at TL coz they have the ring rides that go up and down, but i wouldn't say that was really for a 4 year old :lol:

Though Ketchakiddie Creek looked really good fun at TL, unfortunately i was too big though:(

Try both i say :p

Upvote 0

Tweedle Adie

Now I haven't been to Blizzard Beach in several years, but the last time I was there I was very badly sun burned (and this was with waterproof sunblock) due to the white reflecting everything and the lack of shade. I am not sure if the lack of shade has been corrected or if BB is still a concrete jungle. TL has lots of tropical trees to provide shade while standing in line.
Just something to think about with a child.
However as far as the attractions go both parks are great!

Upvote 0

Unplugged

Now I haven't been to Blizzard Beach in several years, but the last time I was there I was very badly sun burned (and this was with waterproof sunblock) due to the white reflecting everything and the lack of shade. I am not sure if the lack of shade has been corrected or if BB is still a concrete jungle. TL has lots of tropical trees to provide shade while standing in line.
Just something to think about with a child.

I was hoping someone beat me to this one. Thanks Tweedle!

We took our son when he was 2 to Typhoon Lagoon (TL). TL has far more cover over areas such as the lazy river and general walk areas. We kept our little one well lotioned (child lotion with high SPF). That combined with the tropical plants providing ample cover ensured he wasn't burned at all and had a great time.

Now keep in mind you can get burned anywhere. I've been burned at TL on a very bright day when I spent too much time in the wave pool. Though there are areas of the Ketcha Kiddie Creek with some cover, in general you'll need to be careful about over exposure there too.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Yeah, TL = more shade. The ground doesn't get so hot for feet, and there will be more places to hide from the sun if you need to. I like BB enough that I'd go if I were with someone who really wanted to go, but I'd rather go to TL twice than each park once.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
As has been said, both have a lot to offer for all ages. I personally prefer TL for the shade factor. All that blazing white in June through Aug. is especially brutal.

Upvote 0

nicnic

We went last October and my 4yo loved both - reasons -
TL= had a ride she could go in her own little ring down a windey water slide and a smaller straight slide plus small play area with LOTS of water, she spent loads of time on the 1st ride i mentioned.
BB= it had more rides, ring ride and bum ride plus play area at the top which she was still small enough to use, again she would spend all day going from 1 ride to other, I stayed at top to help her on and DH at bottom to get her and guide her back to me.
Looking back I think BB, but it depends on how your little one is with the water. My 4yo can not swim and had no aides on whilst on the rides and was very safe. Only problem was she went on so many times she had bum sores by end of day!!
I say try both if you can.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom