Which time for dining?

accord99cutie

Premium Member
I did something I never thought I would do, I made two reservations, for the same morning, same retaurant... Problem is, I originaly called at 90 days, and earliest breakfast i could get at Crystal palace was 9:05, MK is opening at 9 this morning. I started thinking about it, and decided I wanted to get something earlier. So I called tonight. They didnt have anything earlier, just one time left at 10:20. As I was on the phone with the lady, i started thinking, if MK opens at 9, I want to see the opening ceremony if my reservations couldnt be for before opening! So the 10:20 sounded good because I could see the opening ceremony, and get in a ride or 2 (or 3!) before breakfast, and then conitnue on with my day. But then again, I could get breakfast outta the way, be let in before opening and get some good pictures! SO my question to you all... which reservation do I keep???!!!!! 9:05 on a 9am opening? or 10:20???

NewfieFan

I said, take the 10:20! I love early morning touring and you can get a lot done in the first hour before the crowds and the heat increase!

If it were me... I'd go at 10:20!

Upvote 0

castevens

how early could we be let in for a 9:05 reservation? That could play a part in my decision.

From the Mom's panel website:

"[...]There will be a special entrance turnstile open for guests with early character dining reservations. Even though you technically don't need this special service, since you do have a reservation, I would go to that line prior to park opening time. With any luck, they will let you into the park[...]"

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

Be carefull though...from what I understand if you try to make a reservation for more than one at the same time or at a time that would be impossible to attend both one will get automatically kicked out of the system. I have never seen this written anywhere official but read it on the net somewhere and had a wdw-dine person tell me this was true.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

For our 9:15 reservations at MK we got in very early. We just went to the special entrance and told them we had ADR's. They didn't ask for our reservation number, they just let us in. I don't know how normal that is, but if it's always like that, you could get in early & get to your ADR's. You would miss the opening ceremony though.

I would choose the 10:20. I love the opening ceremony because it just starts the day off great, and you could grab a fastpass to something and ride a few things before crowds are big. An hour later crowds will be larger.

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

We have had an 8:00am reservation for the Crystal Palace several times in the past and love walking up main street before the crowds are let in. By time we are finished, usually around 9:00am, we are ready to explore the park. We've gotten some great pictures this way and its just nice to see the park crisp and ready for a new day!

Upvote 0

accord99cutie

Premium Member
Original Poster
So you guys arent being much help! lol. Still pretty even on the times, and all the points being brought up for why earlier or later, are the things ive been thinking and the reason why i cant decide! I suppose Which ever one I dont pick I can just try for on my next trip! Thanks everyone so far for your insight!

Upvote 0

pacochran

I would do the 9:05 one so that you can just enjoy the rest of the day in the park. In 2004 we had the same reservation but got their for the opening. They wouldn't let us in but said we wouldn't have any issues with the reservations. At 9 we got in and zoomed to the castle and didn't have any troubles.

Upvote 0

castevens

I love how you put the poll on the site so that you could get our opinions to help you make your decision, then we proceed to vote it 50-50 :)

Although you all have good arguments backing up your opinions!

Upvote 0

cjgtigger

It depends on what is important to you.

We were on a tour and went into the MK before opening. We were the only people on Main Street. It was the best memory that I have of the MK.

If rides are important to you than I would do the 10:20.

Upvote 0

nicnic

I wou do 10.20, this is the sort of time we are looking to do.
Watch the opening parade.
Get a few rides in, then spend an hour at CRT meaning you prob wont eat lunch, then you could get an early dinner somewhere, 1 less meal to have that day!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom