Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Astro Orbiter

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • <Other>

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
J

joviacdan

I actually went to Tom Sawyer Island for the first time a couple years back. I kind of enjoyed it. Not much to see there, but I did enjoy walking through the caves. I wish Aunt Polly's was open more often though.

WDWhumanmap

Originally posted by jcarriv
I would say that Tom Sawyer's Island should be replaced. I didn't even like it when I was young. It is not really unique. Perhaps replace it with a newly imagineered ride that would offer a family side and a thrill seeker side.

that and the swiss family robinson tree house and maybe the magic carpets of aladin (hello dumbo ring a bell) these are all just a waste of space and money for some real disney magic

Dayma

The Jungle Cruise needs an upgrade of some kind but I am not sure what........

I think that they could upgrade the AA and also add some better effects.

The Haunted Mansion is fine imo..not sure why people think they need to upgrade.

Peter Pan is one of my all time favorites but a good re-paint would help.

ucf disneyfan

Originally posted by blackride
The Jungle Cruise needs an upgrade of some kind but I am not sure what........

One of my biggest complaints has always been on the crappy state of JC animatronics. But the fact is that they really can't do anything. In around 1989 Disney replaced the hydraulic pumps in the animatronics with air pumps. The reason being that they are near the water and there are living creatures living there. It is very easy to leak hydraulic fluid into the water or ground and kill animals and plant life. As long as the animatronics are run on air pumps they will always look bad.

Disney Hog

The rides I vote for are:

El Rio Del Tiempo- I feel like I'm in the eighties. At least update the video. Maybe something with High-Def. I love the feel of the Mexico pavillion and the ride, but I think they're updating the wrong part right now. Go inside and update.

Peter Pan- We went in March and the insides of the volcano was falling off. It really distracted from the ride.

Jungle Cruise- I've been to WDW many times but the last time was the first and last time I'll ride that until something happens. It's sad.

Tom's Island- I agree! What a waste of space and time.

TTA- We ride this several times a day in order to give the kids a break. This could be so much more. Most malls have better window displays. And they don't only change them every decade or so either.

That's all for now

oochr1soo

Im going to have to list for MK:

Timekeeper - gets kinda boring quick..

Jungle Cruise - whats the point when you have animal kingdom with real animals?

Swissfamily Tree House - umm not sure if it needs rehab vs just get rid of it and replace it with somehting awesome..

Grand Prix - at least get some nice go carts.. now thats a ride i would do in a heart beat.. yet grand prix is always busy.. it had more appeal when i was young and wanted to drive.. now that i drive i dunno..

Chris

SafariGuy

Spaceship Earth - more the ride system than the ride itself.

They need more comfortable seats and cars that are less noisy. Sometimes it's hard to hear Jeremy Irons narration due to all the clickty-clank.

I agree with one of the earlier posters also about Walter Cronkite's narration. I like the current version, but I thought his was better.

DSpear456

I think JC should be removed (and yes I know its a disney classic) but with AK nearby, whats the point? Its already at other Disney Parks so I dont see a use for it at WDW. With all of that space freed up, there would be the possibility for one or two, maybe three attractions of various types.

Peter Pan definitely needs a rehab. When I walked through the ride, there are many parts that need to be repainted or repaired. Also, I wish they would add more sophisticated animatronics to Snow Whites. These two attractions are very outdated and with current technology, I'm sure they could really make these two rides shine.

cloudboy

As for rehab - anotherwords new paint, fix up, etc. but no major changes, I would have to say Peter Pan and Carousel of Progress.
Pirates could use one, too, but I think it is the least needy of the three.

As for changes, I think Tom Sawyer could use a little more to it - more interacive stuff, more places to explore, etc. I think this could be a little more of a playground with a story than it is now. I like the treehouse, but I think they could possibly add a little more to it.

I would love to see Tiki Room changed back to the original, new cars for Spaceship Earth (and a new narration), and Jungle Cruise could get better animatronics and a better spiel. But let's face it - everyone knows it is fake - instead of trying to make it realist, capitalize on it and make it more comical and fun.

Joevn

Like jmaxwell007, I also think Space Mountain could use an overhaul. I, in no way, think it should be removed. But, looking at what they've done with it at Disneyland Paris and the system they have at Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (especially the synchronized soundtrack), it has potential to be so much more.

I think Carousel of Progress needs the rehab the most because it's such a classic and I hate to see it neglected.

Timekeeper, after a couple of viewings for me, is pretty boring but it's a good show when everything else has long lines, much like CoP. The film is showing it's age though because when they're flying over what is supposed to be New York City now, you see the Twin Towers.

Joe

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Originally posted by Joevn
. But, looking at what they've done with it (SM)at Disneyland Paris and the system they have at Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (especially the synchronized soundtrack.

Timekeeper, after a couple of viewings for me, is pretty boring

The DLP Space Mountains sound system needs major attention - you are lucky to get a car where the soundtrack runs all the way through. Some cars don`t have any sound! Looks like the sorted the problem out with the RnR system... maybe the flashcards arn`t held in well enough on SM!

Timekeeper is a very well executed CV360 show... remember there are thousands of guests each day who are visiting WDW and a particualr attraction for the first time...

FigmentJedi

Journey into Imagination: Bring. Dreamfinder. Back.
Image Works: Go back upstairs.
Spaceship Earth: Bring Back Tommorow's Child and put several nods to Horizons on the descent(Birthday Party, Girlfriend and Boyfriend talking on the video phone, and Fun with No Gravity. "Look mom! I'm flying!")
Astro Orbitor: Get the planets spinning.
Carousel of Progress: Upgrade the Audio Animatronics to A-100s.

casualrdt

MGM

Star Tours..... Get a new movie, paint the faded forest wall outside. Replace the bulbs that are out around and inside the entrance. Ditch half the line and make a preshow with AA R2 and 3PO with the rat side kick of Jabba can't remember the name.

TGMR
Sound during the gun fight needs work.

Epcot

TT ... bring back the crash wall.

SSE... Sound sound sound.

WDW .....

PPF
Need total rehab, sound, sets......

HM... sound, AA.....

SM...... still a great ride when you think about it. Needs to be cleaned up allot. Better sound and SFX on the roof projection system. Upgrade the windows in the halls to more then lights and mirrors. Some flat panels and a good 3d render of stars shooting by would make the tunnel crazy. Heck make part of the tunnel a preride. You can seal it off like your in a space station. make it shake and roll. Make it like there has been a breach and now you have to board a space pod to escape.

20000k.... bring it back but update it. Call it Mickey's or Arial's (sorry spelling) Sea Quest or something. Triple masted sailing ships or something with the motion systems from dinosaur set inside the hull above the water line to keep maintenance down. great AA in the dark section.

DAK

Safari Adventure..... more animals, When I was there in Dec 03 not many animals where out and about.

Dinosaur.... ditch the cheap a$$ string lights that are supposed to pass off as meteors hitting the earth. Innovate.

Everything else aside.... I love WDW but they need to innovate and not reinvent the wheel. I love MS its the Journey to Mars as it should have been. Anyone who disagrees has got to be kidding. Walt would love that ride.

Disney is still great, but it can be better, they have to innovate in places that started off with the first round of innovation. The created a level of expectation, now the need to fufill what it is that made them beyond great but an experience. MS and TT are great now do what needs to be done to the older attractions to keep them alive and well into the future.

brentley2

Originally posted by bdhowell
Some scenes of Peter Pan's Flight look really bad! It needs some help verry soon.

Yep, but first let me say that this is my favorite, favorite of all time dark ride, and I force everyone to ride it with me when we go.
BUT- last time we rode it, the ships bumped into the wall in the Darling's bedroom, the light to show Peter's shadow is SOOO loud as it turns on, and most especially...
fix that dang volcano, or don't sail us right over it so we can look down and see what appears to be alumnium foil and a red light...(hmmm..maybe a new sponsor for this ride could be Reynolds?)
Also...at the end of the Disneyland ride, they added TinkerBell, she is at the end, where Peter is helming the ship...the difference is, when they rehabbed Fantasyland way back when, they added some really cool fiber optics lights so it looks as if Tink is sprinkling pixie dust on the ship.

Add that, too!

J

joviacdan

Originally posted by brentley2
Yep, but first let me say that this is my favorite, favorite of all time dark ride, and I force everyone to ride it with me when we go.
BUT- last time we rode it, the ships bumped into the wall in the Darling's bedroom, the light to show Peter's shadow is SOOO loud as it turns on, and most especially...
fix that dang volcano, or don't sail us right over it so we can look down and see what appears to be alumnium foil and a red light...(hmmm..maybe a new sponsor for this ride could be Reynolds?)
Also...at the end of the Disneyland ride, they added TinkerBell, she is at the end, where Peter is helming the ship...the difference is, when they rehabbed Fantasyland way back when, they added some really cool fiber optics lights so it looks as if Tink is sprinkling pixie dust on the ship.

Add that, too!

HA - Good point! I almost forgot about that volcano thing.

Joevn

Originally posted by marni1971
The DLP Space Mountains sound system needs major attention - you are lucky to get a car where the soundtrack runs all the way through. Some cars don`t have any sound! Looks like the sorted the problem out with the RnR system... maybe the flashcards arn`t held in well enough on SM!

Timekeeper is a very well executed CV360 show... remember there are thousands of guests each day who are visiting WDW and a particualr attraction for the first time...

I've never been to DLP, but doesn't it have a launch similar to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster? That was the main thing I think would be good for SM that I've read about from that ride.

As for Timekeeper, I didn't say it was a bad show. I agree with you that certainly plenty of first time visitors see it and enjoy it. That's why I clarified that "for me" it was boring after awhile. I like the show and thought it was really innovative when it came out. But after seeing it several times and listening to a copy of the soundtrack I found on the Internet dozens of times, I've pretty much worn it out for myself. :)

My main critique (and this is probably nit-picky but I'm a perfectionist) I think some of the footage is dated which ruins the story for a moment since during the New York scene it's supposed to be today when it unfortunately isn't. Plus, there's always that chance that someone, but not everyone, who was personally affected by 9/11 may not appreciate the reminder. Also, it won't be long before the people at the site of exposition today will look like how we view a gathering of people in the 80s..hairstyles and clothing that are out of style. Also the family that's chosen, aren't they holding an outdated Disney shopping bag?

Joe

Dragonrider1227

I say the Haunted Mansion. When your host starts sounding like a bad AM radio, it's tme for a rehab. Peter Pan could use one to, but not QUITE as needed IMO.

ScrapIron

blackride said:
The Haunted Mansion is fine imo..not sure why people think they need to upgrade.
Well, the thing is, some people see a rehab as making major changes, others see it as cleaning and making sure all is working properly. The HM could definitely use the latter; you're not supposed to see the scrims in the graveyard.

Cheers.

Mecha Figment

yeah last time i rode the haunted mansion you could barely hear your ghost host. they need to make him louder in the entrance, and on the cars. and upon decending into the graveyard the speakers started to make this annoying buzzing sound fora good minute. the pop up heads are not timed to their sounds. and the cars are a lot more jerky then they use to be. the master gracy effect wasn't even working on satuday. and several times threwout the ride i could se where the black currtins that covered employe doors were torn and light was shining through. and the thirteen hour clock was not working.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom