Which restaurants would you choose???

Buck Young

Original Poster
I have a daughter and am wondering what restaurant(s) she would most like to eat at for breakfast: 1900 Park Fare, Cape May, or Tusker House?

Which place for dinner, Cape May or the Whispering Canyon?

I'm a steak man and am wondering if it is worth it to go to a 2 table service location or just eat a steak at one of the 1 table service restaurants?

If we choose a 2 table service restaurant, which is best, LeCellier or Yachtsman?

Also, one thing I am considering is whether or not it is worth it to eat outside of a park. The cons seem to be: The additional time it would take to leave a park - wait on a bus - eat - and wait on a bus again, not to mention the additional walking from inside the park - through the turnstiles - to the bus stop, etc. The pros would be: a wider selection of places to choose from, the ability to see a resort that we would not have otherwise seen, no availability at select restaurants, etc. What are your thoughts????

Mukta

Yachtsman is better than Le Cellier. If you plan it on your Epcot day, it is a 9 minute walk from Epcot to the restaurant. Not losing a lot of park time.

I like seeing the Deluxe resorts and eating a nice relaxing dinner. Even though it is time away from the park, if you do 1900 on a MK day or Cape May on an Epcot day, you don't lose much park time.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
For the steak we prefer Le Cellier over Yachtsman. Plus you will not have to leave a park to go to it if you are already at Epcot. Our steaks have been cooked perfect every time we go, and we love alot of other menu items like the beer cheddar soup, lobster Mac and cheese side etc. We go every trip as it is probably our #1 with many others as close second. Lol. I can't help you with the choice for your daughter as me and DH do not have kids and those are places we have not gone yet. We have only done Crystal Palace, Chef Mickeys, Boma, and Kona for breakfast. :)

Bparso87

We can get a good steak at 1 credit place. Not great but good ones. I am not a fan of buffets but my little girl loved 1900 park fair.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
For your breakfast it kind of depends on which characters you want to see, if you want Mickey go to tusker house. I have been to all three for breakfast and Tusker House has the best food, then 1900 Park Fare, and Cape May. Although all were tasty. If you do Tusker you might want to consider booking it on a EMH day if you are a resort guest, then get to the park early do a few rides and then have a late breakfast maybe around 9-9:30am.

As for eating outside the parks, I consider 'Ohana and Whispering Canyon places where it is worth my time to leave. It is kind of nice to leave the park and relax a little.

jmorri26

I'd pick Whispering Canyon for dinner. With all the choices for Cape May, I'm guessing you're at the Beach Club? Either way, location could play into your decision. If you're there, that's sure convenient.
1900 Park Fare is a cute breakfast- the strawberry "soup" alone is worth it, and the characters are great for a little girl. Tusker House has a popular and fun breakfast as well, with more of the main characters, same with Cape May. So I'd see what characters she has her heart set on and go that way- its a Disney breakfast buffet so they're all relatively the same. The most unique I'd say being Tusker House.

I like Le Cellier a lot, but never tried Yachtsman. Either way, I hear ya with the 2 credits. I think you can get a darn good steak at a ton of places on property for one credit. Most have some steak option on the menus.

JillC LI

1900 Park Fare is a cute breakfast- the strawberry "soup" alone is worth it, and the characters are great for a little girl. Tusker House has a popular and fun breakfast as well, with more of the main characters, same with Cape May. So I'd see what characters she has her heart set on and go that way- its a Disney breakfast buffet so they're all relatively the same. The most unique I'd say being Tusker House.

I like Le Cellier a lot, but never tried Yachtsman. Either way, I hear ya with the 2 credits. I think you can get a darn good steak at a ton of places on property for one credit. Most have some steak option on the menus.

I agree with this (especially the strawberry soup part!). Also, 1900 Park Fare at breakfast has some of the harder to find characters like Alice in Wonderland, Mary Poppins, and the hysterical Mad Hatter. I didn't love Tusker House but the characters are great and if you can get the one of the first reservations of the day, you will be finished eating before the park officially opens and can get to the more popular rides before anyone else.

We loved Cape May for dinner - great crab legs on the buffet. Whispering Canyon is loud and fun but we liked Cape May better.

bmarkelon

Whispering Canyon for the dinner, out of your breakfast choices Tusker House is our favorite...we do it every trip! As far as steak, you will always get a great meal at a signature restaurant and that's where I will pretty much always choose to have my steak. But as some have mentioned there are decent selections on some of the 1 credit table meals.

ThinkTink721

1900 Park Fare Breakfast - Characters are great; food is good; would definitely recommend​
Cape May Breakfast - Never eaten there for breakfast, but heard that it is good​
Tusker House Breakfast - One of our favorite character breakfasts; characters & food are great; would definitely recommend

Cape May Dinner - Great choice​
Whispering Canyon Dinner - Good choice; atmosphere is lots of fun

LeCellier Dinner - Great food, atmosphere, & service​
Yachtsman Dinner - Never eaten there, but heard that it is good​

In my opinion, it is worth it to eat outside of a park. We try to choose a restaurant that is close to the park that we are visiting. I would definitely recommend 'Ohana at the Polynesian Resort for breakfast or dinner​

HouCuseChickie

I really can only weigh in on the breakfast question. We've done all 3...1900 PF is our fave of those three options (both for the characters and the food) and Tusker our least favorite. That being said, experiences can vary with character breakfasts...so I'd be more inclined to pick the meal that works the best for your day as far as convenience goes and also covers the characters that your daughter would like most. Oh- and while I rank Cape May 2nd out of these 3 options, it does bug me that there are only 3 characters at Cape May...1900 PF will give you 5 character and Tusker you get 4. I believe Tusker is the most expensive of the options and 1900 PF is the cheapest. So, all things you might want to take into consideration.

HollyAD

We just had an awesome experience at Cape May Cafe for breakfast. The characters spent more time at the tables and the quality of the food was much better than other locations I tried in the last. There were only three characters but we had a great experience. I have been very let down by the food at Chef Mickeys and somewhat 1900 park fare so I wasn't expecting Cape May Cafe to be any better.

zurgandfriend

IMHO: Breakfast I would do 1900 Park Fare, it's a breakfast buffet, so there is something for everyone plus characters for your daughter, watch Mary Poppins before you leave so she can relate to the characters.

Dinner Whispering Canyon it's fun for everyone and served family style so again there is something everyone will eat. Plus you get to checkout the Wilderness Lodge.

Shula's and Yachtsman are the best steakhouses on property however you can get a good steak at many 1 credit restaurants, T-Rex, Grand Floridian Cafe and Captain's Grille to name a few.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Breakfast wise... it really depends on your daughter's taste.
Dinner, I'd go with Whispering Canyon!
I'm a Yachtsman lover... so that would be my choice. I've eaten plenty of steak in and out of WDW and nothing compares to the steak I had there! It is my must do restaurant!

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I have a daughter and am wondering what restaurant(s) she would most like to eat at for breakfast: 1900 Park Fare, Cape May, or Tusker House?

I'm a steak man and am wondering if it is worth it to go to a 2 table service location or just eat a steak at one of the 1 table service restaurants?

If we choose a 2 table service restaurant, which is best, LeCellier or Yachtsman?

Also, one thing I am considering is whether or not it is worth it to eat outside of a park. The cons seem to be: The additional time it would take to leave a park - wait on a bus - eat - and wait on a bus again, not to mention the additional walking from inside the park - through the turnstiles - to the bus stop, etc. The pros would be: a wider selection of places to choose from, the ability to see a resort that we would not have otherwise seen, no availability at select restaurants, etc. What are your thoughts????

I would say 1900 for breakfast and Whispering Canyon for dinner. As for signature dining experience - I would go with Le Cellier. In my opinion, a good split between in and out of park is good. If you are not going for a very long trip, then I tend to stay in parks to maximize our time there or stick close to the resorts near that park. For example, head to YC/BC or Boardwalk if you are Epcot or go to Contemporary, GF or Poly if at MK. If you are going to be at the World for a longer trip, then venture to other resorts that you might not normally see like AK. I would say for us when we travel, its like a 70 / 30 split - 70% in park and 30% resorts.

Genie of the Lamp

Breakfast: Cape May Cafe
Dinner: Yachtsman or Whispering Canyon (perfer Yachtsman Steakhouse)

I'd recommend the day you have these reservations to spend the park day at EPCOT or DHS and from their take the friendly boat or nice leisurely walk to those resorts as they don't require waiting for a bus or monorail. Plus I consider one if not both to be high quality restaurants and perfer the restaurants and WDW resorts over the food offerings in the parks (yes even EPCOT, but they have good options to). Good luck with your choice.:)

LucyK

Both Cape May and Tusker House offer the same characters, the difference is that in TH they are in their safari outfits and at Cape May they are ready for a day at the beach. Food at TH is also something to take into consideration, is she an adventurous eater? I love both and I recommend them equally but sometimes kids are a bit picky.

Cape May offers crab legs at dinner. I've never been to WC but people seem to like it a lot. Not my cup of tea since I don't eat red meat.

If you like steak I'd go with Shula or Yachtsman. Shula isn't on the dinner plan though.

If you're staying for more than 4 days I totally recommend eating at one of the resort restaurants. You'll see new places and have totally different experiences than if you're eating at the parks.

ginadee

Ive been to Cape May and Tusker for breakfast. Tusker was my favorite. Both are good tho. I will be going to Whispering Canyon for the first time next trip.

75disney

I have not eaten at 1900 for breakfast, but the other two are great. I think it would depend on which characters your daughter would enjoy meeting more. Tusker House has Daisy which makes it a must-do for my DD.

I would do WC for dinner. Your DD would probably enjoy all of the craziness and activities that take place there.

I highly recommend leaving the parks (except Epcot) for dinner. The choices of restaurants are better, you get to see a fab resort, and the pace tends to be less hectic. We usually leave the parks for dinner and end our day that way. Rarely do we attempt to go back in. My girls don't mind missing the nighttime shows and we have watched the MK fireworks from the MK resorts and it is much more relaxing than being crammed in the park with a whole bunch of people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom