Which restaurant for Fantasmic! Dinner Package?

lisak09

Original Poster
We are thinking of booking the Fantasmic! Dinner Package, any advice on which restaurant to go for? There are six of us, three adults, one teenager & two children. The youngest child can be a fussy eater. Thanks for the help:)

DisneyBanshee

Mama Melrose

Perfect after a hot day in the park. Good food, and lots of it, and cold drinks. After dinner, it is a leisurely walk back across the park to Fantasmic.

JillC LI

We just did the package with the Brown Derby in October. I highly recommend it (although it takes 2 TS credits on the meal plan). The famous cobb salad, steak entree, and grapefruit cake were all delish! Kids had the usual simple choices on the kids menu (I think they both got the fruit cocktail, mac and cheese, and brownie). :slurp:

stlbobby

I love Brown Derby, but it can be underwhelming when paired with the show due to timing restrictions.

Mama Melrose is a great casual TS, but if you have a young picky eater than I'd suggest Hollywod and Vine. The buffet is diverse and should satisfy anyone.

lisak09

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the help. After looking up the menus online i decided to go with Hollywood & Vine. :)

JillC LI

I assume if you book this package you get preferred seating at fantasmic?

I wouldn't call it Preferred seating, but you do get guaranteed seating as long as you show up at least 30 minutes before show time. There is an area to the right that is roped off for package purchasers. They're not bad at all, but there are better seats to the center. However, at crowded times you year, you sometimes have to arrive 60-90 before show time to get any seat at all so the package at least reserves you a seat with a minimal wait before the show starts.

erstwo

If you book the package you do get preferred seating.

Honestly though, I didn't think it was worth it. BUT we were there on a day it rained. So the show was no where near packed, even 15 minutes before show time. I'm sure if I'd had to wait in line for an hour and a half before the show, I'd think differently!:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom