Which Resort........

Main Street USA

I'm planning a trip back down to Disney soon and I would like to know everyone's opinion. I can't decide where to stay. Money doesn't matter. What would be your pick?

MGMBoy

I, personally, have always been a fan of the Pago Pago house @ Poly. Far enough from the main areas to be a might quieter, about 30 seconds from the TTC.

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
if money didn't matter, I'd pick the Animal Kingdom lodge. It has such great atmosphere, just breathtaking!:)

Upvote 0

wanabeimagineer

I just stayed at the Contemporary last weekend and it is my favorite so far. It is not so much the luxury of the place as it is the history, all in all its an awesome hotel.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Either the Polynesian or Contemporary. You have the Monorails, boats and great atmosphere. I love Contemporary because you can walk to the Magic Kingdom.

Upvote 0

Luau Cove

Just choose one of the Resorts in the Monorail Route. The Contemporary is great because it's view, food variety, no need of going out of the building at all. The Polynesian is calm and more themed, good things in here is the sense of relax you can get, the shows and the rooms really well decorated. And finally, the luxurious Floridian, which is really the ONE if you are just a couple. It's excessively romantic. It's unbelievably decorated and it seems always to be apease.

-->LUAU

Upvote 0

Belle13

Kind of depends on your taste!

If you like something on the fancy side, then go for broke at the Grand Floridian

If you want to be on the monorail line, but want a more laidback tropical feel, choose the Poly.

If you like the energy of a big city and the convenience of walking to the MK, choose the Contemporary.

If you are big into MGM and Epcot then go with the Yacht and Beach Club

If you like nightlife right outside your door, then go for the Boardwalk Inn.

If you want to be one with nature, and convenience is not an issue, go with the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

If you want a feeling of escaping from the hot Florida environment, and convenience is not an issue, go with the Wilderness Lodge.

Personally, I would be torn between GF, CR and Y&B Clubs. You could always split between 2 resorts during your stay, if you narrow it down to 2, and just really can't decide:)

Good luck:)

Upvote 0

Bryy2001

I would choose Wilderness Lodge as my first choice. For the money, there is no better place to stay at Disney, it is the least expensive of all of the deluxe resorts without sacraficing luxury or atmosphere. Its an unbelievable resort with a breathtaking lobby, great pool, nicely appointed rooms, and suprisingly good restaurants. The Magic Kingdom is a really enjoybale and short boat ride from the dock. Just a really great resort at a suprisingly decent price.

Upvote 0

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Personally for my next visit I would like to stay on the monorail line, which means I'd pick Polynesian or Contemporary (I know Grand Floridian is in there too, but I don't particularly want to stay there). But......you definitely can't go wrong in choosing Wilderness Lodge. It's an incredible resort, well worth the money spent to stay there.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Belle13.
That was a good list. If I might add.

The pool at Y&B is unbeliveable, you need to experice it at least once in your life. All in all the hotel very roomantic.

Poly is wonderful, luxious and laid back at the same it but, (and those who know me know what I am going to say next.)

There is no hot tub at Poly. To my knowlage it is the only Delux or mod hotel with out one. No ones knows why. I just can't understand it. Otherwise it is great in every way.

Upvote 0

Lance

My opinion, GF, POLY and the Conemporary are the top of the list.

and for me it's the Contemporary one and the POLY two.

If money doesn't matter I would go with the Contemporary Tower room. And if money did matter I would go with a Contemporary Tower room.

Upvote 0

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Thanks everybody! I CANNOT believe how many times I've heard people say they would pick the Wilderness Lodge over ANY resort. I have always been under the impresion that this is a real "woodsy" place. Which I guess is not my taste for a stay at Disney. I've stayed at The Grand floridian for one night when I got married down thre. It was beautiful and we were treated like royalty. I have not, however, stayed at the Contemporary, which also seems to be a top choice of all. I guess I like being around the "action", so a resort on the monorail line is probably my best bet. Easy access to just about everywhere. Still seems to be the center of everything in Walt Disney World, even though it is geographically not even close. MK is my favorite park as well so I guess I can't go wrong. I have also stayed at The All Star Resorts. These were suprisingly neat and convienient for the money. I would recommend them to everyone as well. Anyway, thanks again for the info. I think it really helped!

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

I've never found CONVENIENCE to be a problem at any disney resort. I mean, as a Resort guest, you have buses/monorails/boats that head for parks an hour early and which show up every 15-20 minutes. No non-disney resort could even come close to that convenience. Yes, the monorails are quite nice, but I certainly would not go to a resort that does not suit your tastes just for that. I LOVE Animal Kingdom Lodge! I'll be there in 5 days!

Upvote 0

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Animal Kingdom Lodge is probably good for those who prefer to visit MGM, EPCOT, or AK over Magic Kingdom. Since MK is my favorite park, naturally I'd prefer to stay closer to it. From all of the pictures and reviews I've seen of AK, it's pretty much a duplicate of Wilderness Lodge, only themed differently and with a view of the animals. That wouldn't be a real draw to the place for me.

Upvote 0

Tinker

I've only stayed at one deluxe, and it was AKL. It is an awesome resort. I love animals, and to just sit on the balcony and see the animals right there, perfect!! No better view for me. I was there for three days after 4 at POR, so I was ready for a relaxing stay.

It is far from the parks, except AK, but I saved the AK for my last visit so it turned out good. It's a place you want to slow down and savor. Not be rushing around to get here or there.

Upvote 0

Brer Bear

The only two places I will stay when I go are The Contemporary and The Polynesian. If money doesn't matter those are the two I would choose. The Polynesian is very quiet and romantic if you are going with your significant other. The Contemporary has great restaurants and great views of the Kingdom at night for fireworks. In my view you can't go wrong with either of those two.:king:

Upvote 0

Chris

Got to be the Poly. Close enough to walk to TT and hop a quick monorail to MK or EPCOT. Great atmosphere and wonderful restaurants.

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

If you like a Mexican/SW American theme, great pool, awesome transportation and realxing atmosphere, CSR may be for you.

Check out my info page below

Good luck deciding!!

Upvote 0

Claire L

If money doesn't matter then go for the best, which I guess would mean the Grand Floridian.
I have been to WDW three times in the past twelve years and have always gone 'economy' staying at The Grosvenor in LBV.
This year though we came across a little extra money and have gone for the best we can afford, after upgrading on the 9 hour flight! So its off to WL in June:sohappy:

Claire L

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom