Which Resort........

Main Street USA

I'm planning a trip back down to Disney soon and I would like to know everyone's opinion. I can't decide where to stay. Money doesn't matter. What would be your pick?

Terp02

If money doesn't matter you should consider what does matter then. Personally I would think convenience matters right after money. If you are not renting a car, definitely stay at the Poly, if not there at one of the Monorail resorts because it is right next door to or a monorail stop or two away from the TTC so you can go wherever. If you are renting a car then I would say stay at the Wilderness, AKL, or PO Riverside because these are all great resorts that are not on the monorail so it'd be more convenient to drive to Downtown Disney and the waterparks, etc. Though I have not yet been inside the AKL all I've heard is good things; Wilderness Lodge is just plain gorgeous and relaxing, definitely a great place to stay and good food too; the former Dixie Landings is gorgeous as well, I loved walking to the Sassagoula (correct spelling?) dining room in the morning for breakfast and is also pretty damn close to about everything except for AK and BB.
Basically it's up to you, read up on all the resorts in guidebooks (especially the Unofficial Guide to WDW) and ask people their opinions, like you have done here. Remember, some people may love a resort, others may hate it.

-Josh

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Check out AKL, it's the best of the best IMHO. Great atmosphere, great food, great sights (all the animals), great sevice.

I'd go back in a heatbeat!

Upvote 0

goaler

The only deluxe that we have stayed at is the Wilderness Lodge. It is absolutely fabulous. If the Contemporary and the Poly are half as nice then they must be fabulous as well.

And contrary to belief, you do not have to have a car to stay at the WL. Disney transportation from there is quite good. The MK is a ten minute boat ride away. From there you have access to the monorails. The busses are not my favorite thing but they do get the family where we want to go. We were there in Jan 02 and were very lucky with the busses, never waited more than 10 minutes at the resort for a bus.

If I could stay anywhere, my choices would be

Wilderness Lodge
Contemporary
Polynesian

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom