Which potential rehab is most necessary?

Which potential rehab is most necessary?

• Pirates of the Caribbean (2005/2006)

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • The Haunted Mansion (2006)

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The Living Seas (2005/6/7?)

Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Universe of Energy (2005/6/7?)

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Spaceship Earth (2005/6/7?)

Votes: 20 17.4%
  • Carousel of Progress (A MINOR rehab for 2005?)

Votes: 15 13.0%
  • Wonders of Life (Unknown... possibly 2006 or 2007)

Votes: 25 21.7%
  • Other... if you've heard of one...

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

General Grizz

Original Poster
I actually think CoP needs a HUGE rehab (as in, update, redone scripts and scenes), but I believe that only a SMALL rehab is in the works. :(

figmentfan

Haunted Mansion............

The last time a rode in January 2005, I was on a Doombuggy with no audio. At least I know most of the script to repeat word for word, but it would be nice to have the audio while riding.

Pirates seems OK for right now, COP could use a rehab, and Disney do something with Wonders of Life!

tirian

I agree that CoP needs an extensive rehab, but a minor one will be all right if the attraction is open year-round after!

WoL needs a complete overhaul. It is possibly the most important pavilion in Epcot--it's about our bodies--yet it's open seasonally, and basically stripped. Disney needs to find a sponsor willing to keep the pavilion open year-round, and they need to pour money into it. Body Wars needs to be rehabbed, Cranium Command should be updated, and the fairgrounds need to reflect modern nutritional information. Furthermore, WoL would be a perfect place for an Adventures Through Inner Space-style dark ride that takes guests into a cell. In fact, so many possibilities exist for the pavilion that Disney's carelessness reflects mere apathy and laziness.

Figment1986

My definition of a "minor Rehab" makes it sound like their is no way the show can be dratically modified at all... As in remove the ride Rehab??

I would love to have a new script.. the sad part is the original voices are long gone to voice other characters.... (unless you keep their tracks and redub the other tracks..)

General Grizz

Original Poster
tirian said:
I agree that CoP needs an extensive rehab, but a minor one will be all right if the attraction is open year-round after!

WoL needs a complete overhaul. It is possibly the most important pavilion in Epcot--it's about our bodies--yet it's open seasonally, and basically stripped. Disney needs to find a sponsor willing to keep the pavilion open year-round, and they need to pour money into it. Body Wars needs to be rehabbed, Cranium Command should be updated, and the fairgrounds need to reflect modern nutritional information. Furthermore, WoL would be a perfect place for an Adventures Through Inner Space-style dark ride that takes guests into a cell. In fact, so many possibilities exist for the pavilion that Disney's carelessness reflects mere apathy and laziness.
I admire your thinking. Good ideas that can keep the meaning and update the pavilion for a new generation.

tirian

The last time a rode in January 2005, I was on a Doombuggy with no audio. At least I know most of the script to repeat word for word, but it would be nice to have the audio while riding.

I've heard that the doombuggies themselves were just replaced. Is this true? How hard can it be to keep speakers functioning? Sheesh, you'd think we were talking about Six Flags!

General Grizz

Original Poster
Figment1986 said:
My definition of a "minor Rehab" makes it sound like their is no way the show can be dratically modified at all... As in remove the ride Rehab??

I would love to have a new script.. the sad part is the original voices are long gone to voice other characters.... (unless you keep their tracks and redub the other tracks..)
Yes. . . the original voice of the father (Rex Allen) was featured in the NY64 World Fair and Disneyland. He was brought back to the Carousel in 1993 as the Grandfather and unfortunately has passed away. Jean Shephard, the father's voice since 1993, also died.

I think a new cast would be necessary, although using Jean Shephard's introduction and/or ending and Rex Allen's preshow narration could be very good tributes.

TTATraveler

For COP, I would like to see at least the last scene updated as well as the mechanics of the ride. I have been lucky the lasr 2x on COP that there wern't any glitches, but I know they happen all the time.

For Spaceship Earth, I would like to ride this ride without the audio skipping. I am not sure whether it is digitized or not, or whether the problem is in the speakers.

WOL does need a major overhaul. It needs to be open all year round and not just seasonally. I would like to see this pavillion turned into a weather/climate based pavillion if it can't keep its current theme. I think The Weather Channel would be a perfect sponsor. It is a shame that this is one of the newer Future World buildings/pavillions yet it is kept shuttered most of the year. There is so much potential, if only the right amount of $$ is spent.

jesserin

I said the living seas - b/c at least the rest of them still function - They all could use some TLC... but the Living Seas just needs help - even as great as Crush is - it's still just a giant aquarium without the sea cabs... I can't wait for that to be refurb'd!

evanssc

TTATraveler said:
WOL does need a major overhaul. It needs to be open all year round and not just seasonally. I would like to see this pavillion turned into a weather/climate based pavillion if it can't keep its current theme. I think The Weather Channel would be a perfect sponsor. It is a shame that this is one of the newer Future World buildings/pavillions yet it is kept shuttered most of the year. There is so much potential, if only the right amount of $$ is spent.

I too would like to see something done with the WOL pavilion. The weather/climate idea is interesting and could be done well. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

tirian

Although a weather-themed pavilion would be fun, it already "kind of" fits into the Land. The Weather Channel would be a great sponsor, except that it's partly owned by Time Warner (CNN [Turner] has a small stake in it).

EDIT: I just checked their website, and "Company History" says nothing of Turner. Maybe Time Warner doesn't have a stake in it, after all. But I do know that Turner had something to do with the channel's creation; that's how it got onto cable television so quickly in the early 1980s.

Lynx04

POTC. I have already mentioned my dissatisfaction of the WDW POTC. :hurl: Any rehab that can even inch towards the standard of the DL's version, is a good rehab.

WDWScottieBoy

OTHER: ALL OF THE ABOVE!

That's my take on that. I couldn't pick which one. CoP needs it a lot, just to keep it up to what Disney would have wanted.

SSE needs a sponsor and some updates as well.

WoL as long as they do something....soon!

UoE, get Ellen to visit it!

CaptainMichael

I agree with WDWScottie there needs to be an all of the above option. They all need attention. I chose WoL because it is the only one that is closed and doing nothing. Something needs to be done with that space.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
SSE first, WoL a close second, Ellen third
You have an entire corner of FW that is in pretty bad shape.

Find corp sponsers for all.
Bring new screen tech to SSE
Gut BW and install a new "thrill" attraction (I know easier said than done). Or, Retheme the pavillion I heard a weather theme thrown around which sounds interesting.
Ellen could use some retheming and maybe integrate an interactive guest component.

-ADN

TTATraveler

monothingie said:
Bring new screen tech to SSE

Are you talking about the the domed screen scene before you decend backwords for your return trip to Earth or are you talking about the actual screens as you are descending?

I for one would not want to get rid of any AA, since this is one the last classic Epcot rides to feature AAs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom