Which Park...

MaXXimus

Would you consider having the least to do and able to get through the majority of in the shortest period of time... and maybe a numerical of all 4 parks as too which one next and so on.

njmom66

Really depends on what age kids your with

AK took us all day b/c they kids spend lots of time in Dinoland and did all the shows, did the safart and went on Everest 3 times. When I say all day, we were in at opening and done in time for dinner at 6. My kids are 8 and 4 and we thought MGM had the least to do-only 2 rides and they could only go on one. We saved MGM for the last day b/c everyone was tired and it was so easy to just sit around and see the shows and take it easy. :p

Upvote 0

DigitalDisney

It really depends on what you want to do...

MGM does have the least amount of stuff, but some of the things it has will take up a lot of time. LMAX is fun, but a huge time sink.

AK is close to MGM in quantity, but higher in quality. I can't imagine going to AK without hitting Everest, the Safari, and Dinosaur, let alone the trails and a lunch.

As for EP and MK, it's a tossup. EP has more to see that aren't technically attractions. You can see all of the countries in World Showcase and just about everything in Innoventions without waiting in a line. If time is extremely important, you may not be able to hit both Test Track and Soarin on the same visit unless you're there first thing when the park opens and can grab a FastPass for one and ride the other ASAP (while lines are short).

MK has the most to do, but it's also the busiest of the four parks. There are very few walk-on attractions, and just about everything has a moderate to a huge wait. That being said, the MK also has some of WDW's most famous and popular attractions.

Also don't forget about the nighttime shows. Every park but AK has a nighttime show that's worth seeing, and sometimes they are shown at least once per night (with the second show being less busy).

The park with the least amt of attractions isn't going to be the real winner. You should go through the attraction list at all parks, and pick the ones you most want to see. We can help you determine what your best park (and strategy) will be, but only you know what you want to see and do.

Upvote 0

MaXXimus

Original Poster
Having 6 1/2 days to see all 4 parks I bought the Unofficial Guide and went through marking every attraction in all 4 parks that are worth seeing (age group and all considered) and want to see and experience as much as possible... I want to see when Disney updates its EMH for June '07 so I can then use that as a guide for which days I want to do what as well as what places I want to eat lunch and dinner and then start makin reservations accordingly.

EP for example I know will probably not take too much time beings that there arent a lot of rides and figured on that day we could not be in a rush to get there at opening and have a nice breakfast buffet, go to EP and then depending on time either come back to WL for a bit of relaxing or go to one of the other parks if by chance it has a late EMH and have dinner there. A lot of this as I said is going to depend on EMH as well as I have purchased RideMax but have to wait till about a month or so just before my trip to allow RideMax to come up with its new itinerary.

Upvote 0

il grande chuck

i'd say mgm. we got there about 10:00 AM, were done by 4:30 without really skipping anything. it was definitely the least amount of walking, so it's a good park to do late in the week when everyone is tired. someone else posted a complaint about there not being enough to do there, but we felt it was just right and it was nice to have a park that could be easily done in less than a full day.

we squeezed ak into a 1/2 day, but we had to skip a few things to do so. next time, we'll spend a full day there.

chuck

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Do you just want to DO stuff, or do you also want to SEE stuff, EXPERIENCE stuff?

You may be selling Epcot shorter than you realize. I know you're on limited time and I don't want to freak you out, but there are a lot of attractions in Future World, exhibitions in Innoventions that might be mroe interesting than you think, and highly interesting film-based attractions in World Showcase that can take a lot of time, plus very unique shopping and dining opportunities. And it's all spread out, so there's a lot of walking. You might wind up spending a LOT more time in Epcot than you currently think.

Meanwhile, IMHO, there are only a few things in MGM really worth a wait-TOwer of Terror, RNRC, LMA Stunt SHow...and to a lesser extent, Muppets, Walt-the man and his dream, & Star Tours. Their shows I can take or leave, with only Fantasmic being anything truly special. I even walked out on the Indy Stunt show. On the flip side, AK has Everest, the Safari, It's Tough To Be a Bug, Dinosaur...the Rapids are a bit of a disappointment, but you also have all the animals to check out, and you might not want to feel rushed during it. Shows are more interesting, esp. the bird show...

My suggestion would be to go to AK on the day MGM has late evening Extra Magic Hours, go to AK early, tour thoroughly, then head over to MGM for the rest of the night, go back to your room, exhausted, and then sleep late and explore the World Showcase section of Epcot the next day. Good luck convincing your family to go along with that. :D

Upvote 0

katedvc

Each park has tons of attractions to hit, but I think the following are must-sees at each park. By the way, I'm 20 years old and have been to WDW 17 times and I STILL think ALL of these are must-dos:

Magic Kingdom:
Train, Space Mountain, Tomorrow Land Transit Authority, Buzz Lightyear,
Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, Mickey's Philarmagic, It's A Small World,
Haunted Mansion, Country Bear Jamboree, Pirates of the Caribbean,
Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Main Street Shopping.

MGM Studios:
Indians Jones Stunt Show, Tower of Terror, Rock n' Roller Coaster, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Back Lot Tours, Great Movie Ride, Stunt Show, Muppets 3-D, Star Wars.

Make sure to grab lunch at the Sci-Fi Diner and dinner at Mom's 50's Prime Time Diner. Both are so much fun and have great food. Check in with the Disney Dining Services at the information board. Get the fried chicken at Mom's by the way...you won't be disappointed.

Animal Kingdom (Highly UNDER rated):
Countdown to Extinction, Primeval Whirl, Expedition Everest, Kalahi River Rapids (Do this last...you'll get soaked!), Safari Ride, It's Tough to be a Bug.

The problem with AK is that the park is so spread out, it takes longer to do less. To see the most animals, make sure to pick an early opening day and RUN to the safari ride...more animals are out in the morning when the feeding starts.

EPCOT (My least favorite):
Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Fast Track, Mission to Mars, Illuminations.

I usually head to EPCOT around 7:30 to do the rides and get a good spot for Illuminations, which gives the rest of the day to power park at the other three.

EPCOT probably takes the least amount of time, Magic Kingdom probably the most. I usually end up spending an extra day at MGM because my boyfriend and I are addicted to Tower of Terror and RNRC and ride them over and over again. Where ever you go, make sure to end your day at Beaches and Cream at Disney's Beach Club Resort. Great food, great service and AMAZING ice cream sundaes.

Upvote 0

MaXXimus

Original Poster
What an awesome bunch of plans from everyone... thanks so much, I have all my threads on this board bookmarked for later reference but I think I have learned more in the short time being a member here then I have reading my books and trying to surf for info. This is where I say "Bravo WDWMagic", I cannot see myself going to WDW and not having a better time then I have in my last 3 visits combined.

Upvote 0

DisneyMusician2

I would say that Epcot is one of the more involved parks if you do it right. ANd I would never miss being there at night. AK is the way to go for a shorter day, as the animals are out early, and most of the attractions can be done in the park quickly. It also doesn't have a big night life, so hitting another parks Evening EMH on that day might be the way to go.

Upvote 0

kennygman

i'd say mgm. we got there about 10:00 AM, were done by 4:30 without really skipping anything. it was definitely the least amount of walking, so it's a good park to do late in the week when everyone is tired. someone else posted a complaint about there not being enough to do there, but we felt it was just right and it was nice to have a park that could be easily done in less than a full day.

we squeezed ak into a 1/2 day, but we had to skip a few things to do so. next time, we'll spend a full day there.

chuck

Here's an actual breakdown. You must not have stayed for Fantasmic either.

MGM
Tower of Terror
Rockin' Roller Coaster
Star Tours
Backlot Tour
Great Movie Ride
Lights Motors Action
Indiana Jones Stuntshow
Beauty and the Beast
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Parade
Fantasmic
Playhouse Disney
Sounds Dangerous (we only did this once)
Muppetvision 3-D
Osborne Lights
Honey, I Shrunk Play Area
Journey into Narnia
Magic of Disney Animation
Walt Disney One Man's Dream

AK
Primeval Whirl
Triceratop Spin
Dinosaur
Boneyard
Expedition Everest
Finding Nemo
It's tough to be a bug
Festival of the Lion King
Pocahontas
Flights of Wonder
Safari
Parade
Rafiki's Planet Watch
Kali Rapids
Animal Trails

Upvote 0

kennygman

I would say that Epcot is one of the more involved parks if you do it right. ANd I would never miss being there at night. AK is the way to go for a shorter day, as the animals are out early, and most of the attractions can be done in the park quickly. It also doesn't have a big night life, so hitting another parks Evening EMH on that day might be the way to go.

You're right about Evening EMH. We are going to MVMCP instead. If you are going to go to MGM for EMH, make sure you are at the E-tickets right when they open the FP machines or you won't get one. ToT and RnR are are usually packed at MGM closing.

Upvote 0

imagineersrock

Here's an actual breakdown. You must not have stayed for Fantasmic either.

MGM
Tower of Terror
Rockin' Roller Coaster
Star Tours
Backlot Tour
Great Movie Ride
Lights Motors Action
Indiana Jones Stuntshow
Beauty and the Beast
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Parade
Fantasmic
Playhouse Disney
Sounds Dangerous (we only did this once)
Muppetvision 3-D
Osborne Lights
Honey, I Shrunk Play Area
Journey into Narnia
Magic of Disney Animation
Walt Disney One Man's Dream

AK
Primeval Whirl
Triceratop Spin
Dinosaur
Boneyard
Expedition Everest
Finding Nemo
It's tough to be a bug
Festival of the Lion King
Pocahontas
Flights of Wonder
Safari
Parade
Rafiki's Planet Watch
Kali Rapids
Animal Trails

Actually... here's an actual breakdown (according to Disney.) This is nothing more than a copy & paste of every single thing listed under attractions and entertainment on the WDW website for these two parks:

Disney-MGM Studios:
1.)Rock 'n' Roller Coaster® Starring Aerosmith
2.)Star Tours - the ultimate Star Wars™ thrill ride
3.)The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™
4.)"Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" Movie Set Adventure
5.)Indiana Jones ™ Epic Stunt Spectacular!
6.)Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage!
7.)Voyage of The Little Mermaid
8.)Lights, Motors, Action!™ Extreme Stunt Show
9.)Disney-MGM Studios Backlot Tour
10.)ATAS Hall of Fame Plaza
11.)Muppet Vision 3-D
12.)Journey Into Narnia: Creating The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
13.)Sounds Dangerous - Starring Drew Carey
14.)The American Film Institute Showcase
15.)The Great Movie Ride
16.)The Magic of Disney Animation
17.)Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
18.)Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage
19.)Disney-MGM Studios Characters
20.)Al's Toy Barn
21.)Disney Stars and Motor Cars Parade
22.)Mickey Avenue Character Greetings
23.)Fantasmic!

(He'll be visiting long after the Osborne lights have been taken down... so while I agree they are awesome, they do not make my list.)

Disney's Animal Kingdom:
1.)Affection Section
2.)Conservation Station®
3.)Discovery Island™ Trails
4.)Habitat Habit!
5.)Maharajah Jungle Trek®
6.)Pangani Forest Exploration Trail®
7.)The Oasis Exhibits
8.)DINOSAUR
9.)Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain™
10.)Dino-Sue
11.)Fossil Fun Games
12.)Kids Discovery Clubs
13.)The Boneyard®
14.)TriceraTop Spin
15.)Wildlife Express Train
16.)It's Tough to be a Bug!®
17.)Kali River Rapids®
18.)Kilimanjaro Safaris®
19.)Primeval Whirl®
20.)Cretaceous Trail
21.)The Tree of Life
22.)Finding Nemo - The Musical
23.)Festival of the Lion King
24.)Flights of Wonder
25.)Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade
26.)Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends
27.)Camp Minnie-Mickey Greeting Trails

As far as an order of the four parks goes, (#1 needing the most time, #4 needing the least) I would say:

1.) Epcot
2.) Magic Kingdom
3.) Disney's Animal Kingdom
4.) Disney-MGM Studios

In my opinion it is very easy to do everything in MGM in one day, Animal Kingdom is a little harder because there is a lot to do, but because of park hours not as much time to do it all. Magic Kingdom almost always has the best (long, late) hours, so it is very easy to get everything done there if you ask me. Epcot on the other hand, we almost always seem to run out of time. I find it very difficult to fit everything in Epcot into a single day... It's a very large park.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom