Which Park Would You Skip?

Which Park Would You Skip?

• Total voters

experiment624

With AP, we usually go to DHS and EPCOT, we have been to AK once in the past year. Most people I know would skip AK, but I like the slower pace of the park and the sights. I can totally do without MK, but when going to the parks with friends who have kids, its a must do for them. MK debuted the Sorcerers of the MK game this year, so my husband wanted to play it through once and we went to MK a little more than we would have otherwise just so he could complete the first level. With FLE openning and since we have BOG ressies, we'll probably do MK one more time this year, and then wont go back for a long while.

wiigirl

Animal Kingdom....so much more in every other park.
75.gif

plaz10

Animal Kingdom.

EPCOT and Magic Kingdom battle for #1 in my heart and DHS has must dos like RnRC, Toy Story and Fantasmic! There is no question - I could skip AK in a heartbeat.

heatherkatheleen

Though there's lots of great things to do at Animal Kingdom, I don't have as many memories there thus I feel less inclined to visit. I am 19 now, and AK didn't open until 1998, at which point I was already 5 years old. A lot of my key memories at Disney were around the age of 5-6, so AK isn't really involved in those memories. Plus, I'm not a wilderness girl, I'm a princess kind of girl, so I guess it's understandable that I would gravitate towards MK or the other two parks that came before AK. And I'm not sure if this is a common problem, but I find myself often getting lost in AK and since the trees are so high, I can't always see a landmark to set me en route. I get very frustrated trying to find my way around and this results in me leaving early :p I know the other parks like the back of my hand and just genuinely enjoy their attractions more.

heatherkatheleen

This could be a problem. I would skip DHS, but my 12 year old said EPCOT.
I remember not really liking Epcot as a kid... I remember thinking "this is too much educational stuff! I want princesses and fairies and rides!" But now looking back on it, I have very fond memories of Epcot and I'm glad my parents would drag me there even if I whined about missing out on MK. I think adults have much more appreciation for Epcot than children do!

plaz10

MK and DHS have a constant power struggle in my heart... But I don't think the MK will ever lose

It's hard to justify any other park over MK. Because its MK! It's the Castle, the most rides, the most "magic", the most DISNEY of all the parks.

But EPCOT...I don't know what it is - but Spaceship Earth makes my heart melt. And the ride itself never ceases to amaze me (decent and all) plus Soarin' and World Showcase? It's really tough to beat. And on my last trip my fiance proposed in front of SSE so that really gives MK a run for it's money.

As much as I love EPCOT and MK - I spend more mornings at DHS on my trips than anywhere because I just LOVE Toy Story and RnRC - they're 2 of my top 5 favorite rides.

Animal Kingdom - meh. If it weren't for my fiance wanting to go - we'd skip it this trip.

heatherkatheleen

It's hard to justify any other park over MK. Because its MK! It's the Castle, the most rides, the most "magic", the most DISNEY of all the parks.

But EPCOT...I don't know what it is - but Spaceship Earth makes my heart melt. And the ride itself never ceases to amaze me (decent and all) plus Soarin' and World Showcase? It's really tough to beat. And on my last trip my fiance proposed in front of SSE so that really gives MK a run for it's money.

As much as I love EPCOT and MK - I spend more mornings at DHS on my trips than anywhere because I just LOVE Toy Story and RnRC - they're 2 of my top 5 favorite rides.

Animal Kingdom - meh. If it weren't for my fiance wanting to go - we'd skip it this trip.

Yeah, I agree. I'm about as princess-obsessed as a girl can get, plus when I think back to being little, all of the Disney vacation images that pop up in my head are ones of me in MK. I do love Epcot, (I totally didn't appreciate it as a child--but now I see why adults love it so much!), and I think DHS is a great morning park because you beat the lines for the good rides (RnRc and ToT--is that the abbreviation for Tower of Terror? Lol) plus, it's an easy park to do in a morning or two. I just love DHS because I love the old Hollywood vibe, I love how animated the street performers are, the aformentioned 'good rides' RnRc and ToT, and mostly, because I have a very special place in my heart for TGMR--it was my favourite as a child when I was too scared to go on the bigger rides. I'm with you on AK-- I'd be fine skipping it but last year I took my boyfriend for his first trip to WDW and he loved it so I'd feel bad talking him out of going :(

plaz10

because I have a very special place in my heart for TGMR--it was my favourite as a child when I was too scared to go on the bigger rides.

This is exactly why Spaceship Earth is my favorite. When I first went to Disney in 3rd grade - I was terrified to ride EVERYTHING. But for some reason - SSE didn't scare me. And I thought I was so brave riding it because it was a "big kid" ride in my mind. So that plus now getting engaged there - definitely is #1.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom