Which Park is #1 for you?

c-one

When I cared more about rides, it was impossible to beat the Magic Kingdom. But now I'm more interested in the parks' ambiances, the adventure of wandering, and eating and drinking (alcohol), so it's gotta be Epcot.

Walt Disney1955

Magic Kingdom for me for sure. How could it not be? Why is that? Well, the best memories are there. The aura is second to none in that place. Nothing captivates me like MK either.

Plus my bloodlines go deep there. My grandparents went there in 1973 with my dad who would have been 28. Then my parents took us there in 1991 for my first time and I was 10. I guess since I was too young to remember my grandpa I can always associate the Magic Kingdom with him too. I know which rides he really liked back then (Country Bear Jamboree) and I always remember that when I'm there.

Plus my memories with my parents, sister and now my wife run deep there. I'll always remember things about going with my parents. My mom's favourite ride is Small World to this day. My dad will always want to see CBJ until we finally go. Maybe he associates his dad with it too? Who knows?

But I'll always remember things from there long after my parents are gone. I can't ride Splash Mountain without bringing up when my dad lost his hat (and then got it two weeks later). It is such a magical place

SuperSaint

I hate ranking the parks. I like them all for different reasons. Each one gives me a different experience and flavor. I can easily rank the lands of each park far better than the parks.

Can I split it up by day/night?

Because during the day, it'd be Animal Kingdom. During the night, it'd be EPCOT.

Overall, though, I felt I had the better escape in Animal Kingdom. Therefore, it's my #1.

hankhill

MK for me. Most memories of my childhood and my kids faces now. If I was made to choose.

Now saying that I did do all four parks in a day by myself while on a conference. Had a blast. mainly photo safari kind of thing but wow what a time.

Scuttle

Animal Kingdom. I can happily spend hours watching the animals, and love strolling round the lush walkways and coming across all kinds of surprises. The atmosphere is so relaxed and my favourite ride is there - Everest. Oh and lets not forget the Dawa Bar, prime spot for reviving refreshment and people watching.

I love AK as well. It's an amazing park minus dinoland. The Dawa bar is one of my favorite bars in all of WDW. AK also has the most unique ride in WDW (Kilimanjaro Safaris).

ArtieJim

Epcot, hands down. Always has been, ever since I was a little kid. Exploring the world showcase has always been my favorite thing to do at WDW.

Mickey_777

MK will always be number one. It's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear "Disney World" for most people, myself included.

Epcot is a close second for sure.

plaz10

EPCOT.

#1 favorite ride is Spaceship Earth.

Soarin' is another favorite.

Love World Showcase and all the yummy food there to eat!

My fiance proposed to me in front of SSE in May 2011.

Something about that park, the music, the icon, the atmosphere...it just makes me feel "in" Disney more than anything.

lighteningqueen

Animal Kingdom

It is a hidden park really. Its not just about the rides. Its the ambience, the place you can go and feel you left the country.. So many hidden paths,gift shops are different than any other park. Found things there that were not on any other parks gift shops. Tre of life is amazing and to think of all the hours these guys spent on making something truly fantastic. and people just skip right on buy it to ride the rides. It is not a half day park. We spend 2 full days there every visit.

MK for the child in us all..

scoobygirl39541

Animal Kingdom

It is a hidden park really. Its not just about the rides. Its the ambience, the place you can go and feel you left the country.. So many hidden paths,gift shops are different than any other park. Found things there that were not on any other parks gift shops. Tre of life is amazing and to think of all the hours these guys spent on making something truly fantastic. and people just skip right on buy it to ride the rides. It is not a half day park. We spend 2 full days there every visit.

MK for the child in us all..

:sohappy:

ddbowdoin

I'd have to agree with everyone here... overall theming and experience would be Magic Kingdom.

I love aspects of all other gates but MK is just a solid combination of everything that I enjoy. I prefer the other gates at times because to me (and this may sound crazy) but I feel like so many newbies flock to MK whereas there are more hidden gems throughout the other gates that seasoned fans know about.

MissMorrow

DHS! Minus the hat of course :brick:

The whole park is a conglomeration of many of my favorite things. I'm a sucker for anything from the 30's, 40's, and old Hollywood, so I enjoy wandering around Hollywood and Sunset Blvd. I love Star Wars, Indiana Jones, the Muppets, Toy Story.
I adore the GMR, the Brown Derby, and the Streetmosphere characters. I even like the Backlot Express!

To be perfectly honest, there isn't that much about the park that I really dislike. I have my problems with aspects of it, but for me it's the most "magical" of the four.

EPCOT and MK tie for second. And AK comes in last. I love all the parks really. All for different reasons.

Spaceship82

Can I say EPCOT Center? :)

OK if not, I will say Epcot. It is SO different from any of the other parks both in content and in design that it stands apart.

For that reason, Animal Kingdom is my second favorite. Disney-MGM Studios USED to be my second favorite, but it has turned into a Disney entertainment ad rather than a place that celebrates the magic of movies.

I am probably in the VAST minority, but Magic Kingdom is my LEAST favorite park. Last time we went to WDW for one week, we spent a half-day there. It is overcrowded and feels like it's increasingly INTENDED to be "kiddie," rather than appeal to everyone. When we go we try to focus on off-the-beaten path things like Hall of Presidents, Country Bears, Mickey's Philharmagic ... the kinds of things you can't find at other Disney theme parks. Increasingly, Magic Kingdom (and even WDW in general) feels like a mall with some rides that can be found other places.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom