Which one should we leave out?

SteveBrickNJ

Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios needs to be left out of our November 3 park vacation.
We are a family of three Me: 55 Wife: 43 Daughter: 16
Our last visit was 2015 and we only went to Magic Kingdom
But....we did have 3 visits before that .
Two of those three visits we did all 4 parks
One visit we eliminated Animal Kingdom.
Kindly consider using 2013 as a reference point........
What's new at Hollywood Studios since our last visit in 2013?
What's new at Animal Kingdom since our last visit in 2013?
We really have to stick to three parks in November and then head back to NJ.
I'm hoping this thread will help me decide which park I will leave out.
Thanks!
Steve
PS
I found Animal Kingdom to have less rides that interested me. The Nemo show with cast members holding fish on sticks does not interest me.
Yet, In Hollywood Studios the Chinese theater ride is good a couple of times, but if it is exactly the same today...well there is no element of surprise. Thoughts anyone??? :):cool::happy:

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Would you consider a park hopper ticket? That would allow you to do both parks. You wouldn't need that much time in Hollywood Studios. Toy Story Land will still be new, I am guessing that the lines will be long, but not for anything else. With good planning a half day is usually pretty sufficient for Hollywood Studios right now. In a perfect world you'd score a fastpass for Toy Story & either Rock n Rollercoaster or Tower of Terror. Then you'd be pretty set to enjoy your half day there & take in the major rides & sights. The thrill rides are pretty appealing to a 16 year old. You had mentioned the Great Movie Ride at Chinese theatre, unfortunately, that is closed forever. :(

There is a lot to do in Animal Kingdom. It is quite scenic and peaceful in some areas, like the wildlife hikes. It is a bit frantic in other areas like Pandora and Mount Everest. There is a great safari ride. The water raft ride is pretty fun too. It has a lot of appeal for a 16 year old. The restaurants are great. The music is great.

Either way, you can't go wrong. Every park is so unique. Every park is a magical experience.
I don't want to spend time exiting the park....waiting for a bus....riding the bus....going through security to enter another park.
Gonna pick one.....and that one will likely be AK
Thanks!
:)

Upvote 0

joejccva71

We really enjoyed DHS, we are star wars fans and the crowds were light made it all the better. I have found if you come from a city with a good zoo then you are disappointed in AK.

I've lived in San Diego which has arguably the #1 zoo in the country. I still love AK and Pandora makes it go over the top. I would still recommend AK over DHS for the sheer factor that there's more to do. When TSL and SWL come out then it may be a different story.

Upvote 0

spock8113

really, you need to like at the quantity of rides open in each park. Right now, the Studios are lacking.
Animal Kingdom has more than a few rides, shows and it has............. Nahtazu. Worth doing as well.

Upvote 0

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
I am bringing up my old thread to let everyone know that I was glad our family selected Animal Kingdom over Hollywood Studios. Flight of Passage was unlike anything I'd ever experienced. The Kali River rapids ride was refreshing. Yak and Yeti was a nice restaurant. The Lion King Show had many talented singers. It was a good day!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom