Which one should we leave out?

SteveBrickNJ

Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios needs to be left out of our November 3 park vacation.
We are a family of three Me: 55 Wife: 43 Daughter: 16
Our last visit was 2015 and we only went to Magic Kingdom
But....we did have 3 visits before that .
Two of those three visits we did all 4 parks
One visit we eliminated Animal Kingdom.
Kindly consider using 2013 as a reference point........
What's new at Hollywood Studios since our last visit in 2013?
What's new at Animal Kingdom since our last visit in 2013?
We really have to stick to three parks in November and then head back to NJ.
I'm hoping this thread will help me decide which park I will leave out.
Thanks!
Steve
PS
I found Animal Kingdom to have less rides that interested me. The Nemo show with cast members holding fish on sticks does not interest me.
Yet, In Hollywood Studios the Chinese theater ride is good a couple of times, but if it is exactly the same today...well there is no element of surprise. Thoughts anyone??? :):cool::happy:

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

AK is traditionally our skipped Park when we skip one.

What’s new there: one excellent Pandora ride (with long lines) and one OK Pandora ride (with long lines) plus the nighttime show Rivers of Light, and we love the new restaurant Tiffins/Nomad Lounge.

The new Up show replacing Flights of Wonder will be open by then.

Bottom line: we go a lot more often now.

HS we rarely skip, don’t consider it a half day park, enjoy the atmosphere, and can get lost at the Brown Derby or Tune-In Lounge for a couple of hours.

That said, if you think you’ll be back within a few years, I’d skip either that one or Uni.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I see in your post you mentioned the ride in the Chinese Theater (The Great Movie Ride) and that is now currently closed and being redone as a Mickey Mouse attraction and that will not be open in November.

AK will have Rivers of Light as their night time show and the little projection shows on the Tree of Life.

Hollywood Studios will probably be showing the Star Wars show in early November. Usually around the second week of November they will start Jingle Bell Jingle Bam, but you will probably be there before that starts. No new Star Wars attractions will be open yet, but Toy Story land will be open.

Early November might close early, but if you are there the first week that will be when the Halloween crowd will still be there so it might not be too bad. You might want to go back and look at past hours to get a general idea.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/calendar.htm

Upvote 0

eliza61nyc

How big of a "kid" are you and your wife. LOL seriously. I loved the toy story ride so I could and probably will have a blast in the new toy story land. So I would probably drop AK.

Upvote 0

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
How big of a "kid" are you and your wife. LOL seriously. I loved the toy story ride so I could and probably will have a blast in the new toy story land. So I would probably drop AK.
I like Disney rides because they are unique...themed....and fun.
I live 40 minutes from Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson NJ....but I don't go because it has so many roller coasters and stomach churning rides.

Upvote 0

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Isn't Toy Story in Magic K? You sit in a padded chair/chariot designed for 2 ....the chariot moves on a fixed track, rotating...you shoot your laser gun at targets and rack up points. Is that correct?
I like that one....but it's not that new???

Upvote 0

Zipadeelady

I'm in the minority. I love AK. It might even be my favorite park. It may not have the most rides but the ambiance is breathtaking. Maybe it can be on a day you want to take it a little slower.

The festival of the Lion King (sigh...my favorite)
Rivers of Light. It's underrated. No, it's not fireworks and loud music. I can get that at MK or Epcot.
Expedition Everest. Who wouldn't want to go backwards on a coaster!!
Kilimanjaro Safari. I love me some giraffi's
Flight of Passage. Get a fast pass. Totally worth it.
New tiger cubs AND baby hippo!!
Primeval Whirl. Some love it. Some hate it. Me....I can't stop laughing the entire ride. It hurts so good.
Dinosaur - Gotta get that Dino!
Tree of Life trails. On my last trip I realized there are trails all around the Tree of Life.... who knew!!?
Green Beer at Pandora. What? It makes me feel Irish
Nomad Lounge for relaxing drinks and expensive appetizers. :hungry:
Harp Player. He is AH. MAZE. ING.

I guess I could name a few more but I'll stop. I have found the slower I go at AK the more I see it and love it.

Upvote 0

JMcMahonEsq

I think i lean slightly toward skipping skipping HS, and going to AK. We went down (from NJ) this November. The new Pandora rides to me lived up to all the hype and more. Plus i find the food and the nightime shows there to be top notch. Heck, just walking around pandora at night is an experience.

As to HS, when you go Toystory land will have just opened, but Star Wars land will still be under construction. I would think that given your history and love for Disney, that this will not be your last trip to WDW. As such, i would go enjoy AK and pandora, and save HS for next time, when you can see Toy Story Land and Star Wars all at once.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Isn't Toy Story in Magic K? You sit in a padded chair/chariot designed for 2 ....the chariot moves on a fixed track, rotating...you shoot your laser gun at targets and rack up points. Is that correct?
I like that one....but it's not that new???

That the Buzz Lightyear ride.

There's also Toy Story (Midway) Mania which is similar but all the screens are flat. That's in DHS and will be in the new Toy Story Land area when it opens.

Upvote 0

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
I agree with the Park Hopper. Both parks can be done in a half day without little ones.
Saving money. Not willing to pay extra for a park hopper.
I like rides more than shows. I think we'll probably skip Animal Kingdom again because at Hollywood Studios there are new things that we've not seen .....and more rides than AK.
Thanks everyone!

Upvote 0

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
I see in your post you mentioned the ride in the Chinese Theater (The Great Movie Ride) and that is now currently closed and being redone as a Mickey Mouse attraction and that will not be open in November.

AK will have Rivers of Light as their night time show and the little projection shows on the Tree of Life.

Hollywood Studios will probably be showing the Star Wars show in early November. Usually around the second week of November they will start Jingle Bell Jingle Bam, but you will probably be there before that starts. No new Star Wars attractions will be open yet, but Toy Story land will be open.

Early November might close early, but if you are there the first week that will be when the Halloween crowd will still be there so it might not be too bad. You might want to go back and look at past hours to get a general idea.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/calendar.htm
Probably showing the Star Wars show in early November?
A "show"? ....not a ride?
Is there a Star Wars ride or that is projected for beyond our arrival in early November?

Upvote 0

Disneyfan_76

DHS doesn't have much to do right now, and 2 out of the 4 rides are thrill rides which sound like they may not be your cup of tea (granted Toy Story Land will be open for your trip, so two more rides). If you can afford it, I would park hopper and do DHS in the evening, but if not I would just skip DHS and do AK.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom