Which moderate would you choose?

I am in the very, very early stages of planning my next trip to WDW with my roommates. They don't want to spend the money to stay at a deluxe which is fine with me. Right now I am tentatively thinking of CBR just because I've stayed there before. However, I would be willing to try PO or POR if I heard enough good things about it. Which would you choose, CBR, PO or POR and why?

wannabeBelle

14 since 1997 16 in total actually!!! Actually there is a a thread that had asked how often had people been to Disney and I was nOT one of the top hitters!! Although since the purchase of my annual pass I have been getting to Disney pretty frequently. I am averaging 4 times a year!! Lucky me!! Belle

Upvote 0

Mitzer

:eek: I totally agree that if you want to know about a moderate, ask Belle. She pretty much hit everything good. We tend to like the Coronado best, but PO/Riverside is a close second. We too have stayed at each of these moderates several times and I agree that you can't go wrong with any of them. They are all nice in their own special way.

Upvote 0

tazhughes

I would highly reccomend riveside. The restaurant and lounge are great, but the thing that stands out the most is the boat shuttle to Downtown. I first stayed here as a change of scenery from CB and have since stayed nowhere else. The ability to take a boat shuttle to downtown is well worth it. The boat is actually a very peaceful relaxing ride.

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

One thing to note:
Some of our party stayed at POR the week before last. On weekdays the boat to DD was only running once an hour. On the weekends it runs every 15-20 minutes. But on Friday afternoon we waited an hour for our friends to get there because they didn't know this little piece of information!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Well after all that if you arent any closer to a decision, Id tell you to go to Disney Spend a few days at each one and then make a choice!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Belle

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Moderates ARE the way to go. They are phenomenal.

I ahve qualms about staying at Yacht Club...the deluxes just appear to be so hotel-ish.

The moderates are massive and thats a good thing for me!

Upvote 0

jordanyosh

Original Poster
Originally posted by wannabeBelle
Well after all that if you arent any closer to a decision, Id tell you to go to Disney Spend a few days at each one and then make a choice!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Belle

I've got 11 months so I figure I have some time. Belle thanks so much for your in depth reviews of each hotel. My concern about PO/POR is location: It just seems so far away from everything. Let me know if they aren't.

Surfsup: You will like YC, but it's has a different ambience. Hey, you're still on-site and ultimately that's what counts.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Well as far as that goes:

Carribean Beach is probably the most centrally located of the bunch, it is kinda inbetween EPCOT, MGM and Downtown Disney.

Coronado Springs: This is located in the Animal Kingdom area so it is REALLY close to that, but a bit more distant from the other parks especially the Magic Kingdom

Port Orleans Riverside & French Quarter are right next to each other and have pathways between the two. The advantage is that they are sister resorts so you can stay at one and use the pools etc at both. This is also fairly close to EPCOT and as mentioned before just a lovely boatride to Downtown Disney ( buses go there also)

I would still say to go with whatever theming happens to rock your world, as once you are on one of the Disney buses which go to the park, it isnt more than a 20 minute ride or so in any case.

Hope this helps!! Belle

Upvote 0

epcotfan

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
Well as far as that goes:
Coronado Springs: This is located in the Animal Kingdom area so it is REALLY close to that, but a bit more distant from the other parks especially the Magic Kingdom

Actually Coronado Springs is really close to MGM and EPCOT. I could hear Fantasmic every night outside of my Cabanas room. You can see the Swan and Dolphin and Tower of Terror from the Resort. On average it was about a 5 or 6 minutes drive from CSR to either one of those parks.
I timed the bus drive from CSR bus stop #1 to the Magic Kingdom and on average was less than 10 minutes.

I have pictures and video of CSR on my website:
http://www.wdwmemories.com/csr
(I will be adding more pics soon)

Upvote 0

jordanyosh

Original Poster
Tracy aka Epcotfan: Thanks so much for your opinion. However, being from Southern Cal., we have a ton of exposure to Southwest/Hispanic influenced architecture. Staying at CSR will only remind us too much of home rather than the vacation where we want to get away.

Thanks again tho.

Upvote 0

luvthemouse

CBR is nice but the whole bus circuit can get annoying...especially late at night when all you want to do is get in bed....if your going to do PO i certainly recommend French Q....I found Riverside to be prettier but its so much walking around to get anywhere....can you tell im all about convenience and short distances?:animwink:

Upvote 0

MelBelle

Out of the moderates I'd say POR. We've stayed there 5 times and every time has been nice. The atmosphere there is really nice, trees and lakes are nice places to walk around in. Also the food court has very nice homestyle breakfasts (biscuits and gravy!). Only thing I liked less about staying at this resort was the busses seemed to get a lot more crowded than other resorts.

You did mention that WL might be in the price range...if it is, I'd definetly suggest that one over any other choices. The rooms are nice, the lobby is awesome, the pool is a cool experience and just so natural looking, the transportation is easy to get to imo (and you get to ride boats to the MK, that always makes things more fun :p).

I'm sure you'll have fun whatever you decide though!

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Originally posted by jordanyosh
being from Southern Cal., we have a ton of exposure to Southwest/Hispanic influenced architecture. Staying at CSR will only remind us too much of home rather than the vacation where we want to get away.

Which is exactly why my wife and I will probably never stay at Riverside. Being from Georgia, the whole southern plantation thing is everywhere.

We very much enjored CBR and POFQ. We liked how FQ felt smaller and more cozy than CBR.

In two weeks we're trying CSR. So then we'll be able to compare the 3.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom