Which is prettier at Christmastime: CSR or POR?

sbkline

The first two times my wife and I stayed on property (before we took any kids) was at Port Orleans Riverside. That was 2007 and 2008. We want to go back in the next year or two.

Our son's first trip was 2010, to Coronado Springs. And he keeps talking about wanting to go back there and I want to try to make that happen.

Our next trip is next April, split between Polynesian and the Beach Club. My wife wants to do the Grand Floridian in April 2013 for our 10 year anniversary, but as expensive as it is, she's satisfied to do a split stay, with 5 nights at the GF and 5 nights elsewhere. And we're hoping to do a shorter Christmas trip in 2012.

So that's 2 trips coming up in the next two years in which we can do POR as well as CSR. My original plan was to do POR for Christmas and maybe CSR on the split stay in 2013 with the GF. But I thought 5 nights at POR might transition over to the GF better than CSR would (since POR is much more similar themed to the GF than CSR is), and do CSR for Christmas next year. But I guess it also depends on which one is prettier at Christmastime.

Just curious what everyone else thinks. Is POR better for Christmas, or CSR? Or are they both equally decked out for Christmas?

Hey Buddy!

They are both great resorts but NOT great for Christmastime.

If I were you I would stay at either the Yatch or Beach Club for Christmas. They are the Top 2 resorts for Christmas.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The moderate and value resorts do not decorate heavily like the deluxe resorts do. I would not choose one over the other based on their Christmas decor.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
That's good to hear. Thanks for the info.

I had my idea of which one I would rather do for the Christmas visit and the split 2013 visit, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any special Christmas decor by my choice. It's good to know that they are pretty well equal in that regard and that I don't need to make that a factor in my choice.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I happen to like the decor at POR better than CSR, but my favorite tree is in the Boardwalk hotel because of all the glass ornaments on it. Although, Beach Club has the awesome chocolate carousel.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom