Which hotel to stay at for our January 2010 Vacation?

JEANYLASER

Which hotel to stay at for our January 2010 Vacation?
These are the resorts we are between:

Polynesian
Contemporary
All-Star Movies
Caribbean Beach

Let us know which hotel and why?

Thanks!!!!:confused:

DawnBerg

I say CBR is the moderate you have there so is something in the middle of the road cost wise and for that matter anywise. I am not a fan of the All Stars but do love POP and am staying there for 2 weeks in August :sohappy:. I have never stayed in the others on your list but am sure they are wonderful but pricey. Anywhere you stay in Disney will be a magical time so flip a coin or throw a dart and book your trip!!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

JEANYLASER

Original Poster
Thanks for the info! I should take the All-Star Movies because we never stay in the All-Star Movies resort before! Do you have some one who did stay in the All-Star Movies resort before and tell me why! Should I take the All-Star Movies resort!

Upvote 0
I would stay in the Contemporary, it's location to the Magic Kingdom and the monorail make it a must. The restaurants are all good, especially if you want to go to Chef Mickey's. The rooms are someo of the newest of any resort.

We are booked for December at BLT but will likely change that reservation to late January at either BLT, Contemp, or Grand Floridian. I think January is still considered value season, so the rooms come at better rates, plus I know last year Disney offered buy 4 get 3 free during this time, Im hoping something as good as this pops up. Either way it's alot of time to start stashing money away for the trip, so I say splurge.

Upvote 0

Ceekling

I've stayed at the All Star (Movies and Music) and at the Poly. If you can afford the Poly, by all means do it. It's a lovely location, you have the choice of taking the monorail or walking to the TTC and taking the boat over, they have great theming and there is Tonga Toast at the Kona Cafe!

That said, if you can afford the Poly you could also afford the Contemporary. I've never stayed there but there is the benefit of having a gorgeous view of the Park and being within walking distance.

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

mickey7879

The service you get at the Poly is wonderful! If you can afford it, go for it! You won't be disappointed! I've stayed at Movies and Music a few times and find it hard to go back to those after I've had a taste of the other more expensive resorts. We were supposed to stay at Sports in Sept but switched to POR. Just can't bring myself to stay at the values anymore. I'm a hotel snob, I know!

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Well, what are you looking for in a resort? You've got a value a mod and 2 deluxe resorts, so it's really not like choosing between 2 entrees in a restaurant, more like a gourmet restaurant versus an Outback and a Denny's. Do you plan to spend a lot of time hanging at the resort, or is it a place to crash while you hit the parks from open to close? Is an on-site restaurant important? Is room size important (how many people in your party)? I've got closets bigger than the sleeping area of the All-Stars. :D How long is your stay?

Personally, if those were my choices and money were no object, I'd opt for the Contemporary, and make sure I had park hoppers. This way, wherever we went in the morning, if my wife and/or daughter needed some nap time, I'd bring them back, settle them in, then walk over to MK. Hit an attraction or three, maybe bring them back something from the Bake Shop from when they wake up. Poly would be my 2nd choice for similar reasons. Can't walk to MK, but the monorail is right there. Caribbean would be my third choice because, while Shutters wouldn't be my first choice for a meal, I do like having the option of a full-service restaurant on site, plus the extra amenities and better pool would be worth it for me to spend time. IMHO, you stay at All-Stars when it's just a place to sleep, quick breakfast in the morning, and everything else is icing on the cake. But that's me.

Upvote 0

scarpiapiano

Well, what are you looking for in a resort? You've got a value a mod and 2 deluxe resorts, so it's really not like choosing between 2 entrees in a restaurant, more like a gourmet restaurant versus an Outback and a Denny's. Do you plan to spend a lot of time hanging at the resort, or is it a place to crash while you hit the parks from open to close? Is an on-site restaurant important? Is room size important (how many people in your party)? :D How long is your stay?

These are all good points. Another point is the convenience of staying at a monorail resort vs. one with bus transportation. The All Star resorts have pretty good bus transportation although the buses can be really crowded in the mornings and late evenings. I think that the bus frequency and distance to the parks is actually a little better at ASM vs. the deluxe WL or AKL.

My vote would be for the Poly over Contemporary because you can either take the monorail from the Great Ceremonial House to MK or walk over to the TTC and take a direct monorail to Epcot. The Poly is the only monorail resort within easy walking distance to the TTC. At GF or Cont. you have to catch the resort monorail then transfer at the TTC to the Epcot monorail.

The Poly also has slightly bigger rooms than the Contmporary and bigger rooms than Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach Clubs. The Poly's rooms are much bigger than the other two deluxe (WL or AKL) and all of the deluxe have bigger rooms than the moderates which are bigger than the value resorts. So if there's more than two in your party, it could be a tight fit at CB or ASM.

We'll be checking in at the Poly in 13 days. I'd have never spent the money but I got it on the "buy 4 nights, get 3 free" deal. It's still alot of $ but I think/hope it'll be worth it.

Upvote 0

AGentlRose

I chose the Polynesian. It has always been my favorite and the resort we stayed at on our last three trips. I love the atmosphere because I love Hawaii, plus the convenience of being on the monorail. You also have the choice of monorail or boat launch from the Poly to the Magic Kingdom (same with Grand Floridian)

My second choice from your list would be the Contemporary due to its proximity to the Magic Kingdom. Plus I do prefer Deluxe resorts.

Upvote 0

WishIwasThere

What a wide spread of choices...kind of like do you want a hamburger, cube steak, or filet mignon? If you have the money, there is nothing like staying in a deluxe resort. Now honestly, we've never stayed at a value resort, so I can't honestly compare, but having the monorail run through your resort it is quite a draw for me and easy access to my two favorite parks w/o having to deal with busses. While staying at the Contemporary, I've walked to the MK faster than the monorail has made the loop around the lagoon. I really enjoyed the CBR a couple years ago, so I would recommend that or POR for moderate choices.

I voted for the Poly due to convienence, ambiance, food (love Ohana), volcano pool (kids loved it), and the rooms are big and beautifully decorated.

Upvote 0

corey154

I voted for poly because the monorail, the resort is beautiful, the food is good, and it overall is one of my favorite places. However if you're not going to be in your room I do agree with an earlier post about not spending the extra money. The value resorts have great food courts with more choices than the other food court areas but value resort does not have table service as the other resorts do. I have stayed at all four choices you have given and here's my take on them:

Poly: first choice if you can afford it, it's very expensive. monorail service is the best. You can take a stroller or wheel chair right on it, unlike the bus service where you have to fold it up. Very clean, remember you do get what you pay for. There is a huge waterfall in the lobby and they give you leis when you check in. Also has kid area in lobby to make crafts. When we stayed there, there was bunny's on the back patio so while we were enjoying the room for our afternoon relax time, we watched the bunnys and people walk by.
Contemporary:although it is expensive too, it's a little cheaper than poly. Also has monorail service. Both places you can view MK fireworks. I picked poly over this resort due to the resort grounds are just prettier to look at. What makes this resort exciting is if you pay the extra $$ and get a room in the main building.
CBR: My personal favorite places to stay are moderate because they're good quality hotels and not as expensive as deluxe. My favorite moderate is Port Orleans, french quarter. it's quiet and has beautiful grounds as well. In this resort the rooms have all been redone so you'll get updated rooms (where even the poly and contem haven't been updated as recent as these rooms)
ASM: I'm actually staying in AS Movies next week. Like i said they have good food courts, the buses are a pain though, and when you stay here these resorts all share buses so they're crowded. The rooms are smaller, as well as the beds are full size and not queen like the deluxe. I've read alot of complaints of the rooms not being clean, but I have never had a dirty room at disney, ever. If you are picky and used to have finer things in life you might not want to stay here. The one thing about the value resorts is the big giant figures all over the place, the children love this. It's very festive.

I have no complaints about any of these resorts and January is perfect weather so enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom