Which hotel price area is best? (Value, Moderate, Deluxe)

Moderate, Value, or Deluxe

• Value

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Moderate

Votes: 31 40.8%
  • Deluxe

Votes: 35 46.1%

• Total voters

Disney Lover Addie

Original Poster
Do you normally stay in Deluxes? Are they worth the price?
Do you normally say in Moderates? Is the theming still there?
Do you normally stay in Values? Is it too tacky?
I’d love to hear what people’s experiences are at the different price-range hotels.

CaptainAmerica

I think there's value to be found in all of the categories.

I don't think the monorail resorts are worth the price, nor the boardwalk area resorts. I like the "lower level" deluxe resorts the best, which include Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Saratoga Springs, and Old Key West.

I love POFQ and POR, but I really dislike Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs. We also absolutely love the Ft. Wilderness cabins if we can find a deal.

The only value I'd ever stay in is Art of Animation.

Jedi Stitch

I have only stayed at a Value at WDW. I have to agree that each class has it own rewards. I am a rope drop to Fireworks type person and family. I don't need extra fancy at the Hotel, when I can spend my money in DDP, and tacking on a cruse on the end with the money I saved. I only need a place to sleep and clean up. With the rope drop to fireworks mentality, I also believe in going to other places in the park to Dine, and see what WDW has to offer.
I get that if I was going in the hotter months, leaving the park to hang out at the mod or Deluxe with a better pool and better transportation options would be nicer. I would enjoy the nicer dining options too. We would like to stay at the Poly, and AKL and enjoy the ambiance of both. If we were to enjoy one of the parks more than the other , I would probably pick the place closest to it for convenience of returning and taking a nap or break from it all.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have stayed everywhere form the value resorts to DVC and Club Level at the Deluxe resorts and everything in between.

IMHO the most bang for your buck is at the moderates.

This is where is changes from a hotel to a resort. Moderates provide many of the same amenities and the immersive theming of a Deluxe at a much lower cost.

hsisthebest

Value I suppose. You still get Disney bus transport, 60 day fastpass+, food courts, and a pool. Moderates are probably the worst- long walks, multiple bus stops, exterior doors, and prices can be well over $200 per night.

Missing_Aria

I prefer moderates because I like the feeling of complete immersion you get while staying in most of them (there also tend to be less kids). I like leaving the Magic Kingdom to go sleep somewhere that feels magical. I also love that POR has much fewer children than the value and other moderate resorts.

I probably will go stay in Pop Century in the future (once Skyliner is done) but honestly most value resort themes are not really my bag, I much prefer to feel like I'm really experiencing Disney rather than look at Disney stuff. Also the themes of most of the value resorts are very loud for anything I'd consider to be a space to rest. That's just me though. The Pop Century renovations really are excellent though, definitely going to try them out.

I'm not sure if I'll ever stay in a Deluxe resort. Even if I had tons of money laying around I'd rather spend it eating at some of the insanely awesome Disney restaurants or on a longer trip or doing some of the cool activities we usually can't afford.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have stayed everywhere form the value resorts to DVC and Club Level at the Deluxe resorts and everything in between.

IMHO the most bang for your buck is at the moderates.

This is where is changes from a hotel to a resort. Moderates provide many of the same amenities and the immersive theming of a Deluxe at a much lower cost.

Ok...after extensive experience working all levels of resorts at WDW - including moderates - I have to say that the moderates are the WORST value at WDW and have been for a long time.

That when they were $150...now at a ridiculous $300 a night?!?!

Jeez. I think there is very little upgrade for the price over POP...and way less ambience/Amenity than the deluxes.

However...things are a changing...which probably makes this moot.

Mainly at Caribbean and coronado which is being ripped apart to combine with other projects. So we’ll see.
$300 a night at Dixie is just not good enough...at the end of the day.

The amenities...especially table service...is much better at the deluxes. It’s not close.

heapster411

Another Deluxe Snob here, past couple of years we've been doing OKW 1 bedroom with a bounceback offer. 2 weeks before Christmas, 5 days, right around 450 a night. Great resort, you have Olivia's, relaxing boat ride to Disney Springs. Couldn't ask for more.

DisneyDoctor

Values are cheap, but everything else about them sucks. Too many kids, especially late at night after a day at the parks. Infuriating listening to kids wail at 10:30p when all I want is a Mickey bar..

Moderates are more expensive, but with less screaming kids I'm game. Still, not sure the price is worth it when you can potentially stay at deluxe hotels for a bit more cash.

Deluxe resorts are my favorite. Less people, better transportation, not as many screaming children.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Ok...after extensive experience working all levels of resorts at WDW - including moderates - I have to say that the moderates are the WORST value at WDW and have been for a long time.

That when they were $150...now at a ridiculous $300 a night?!?!

Jeez. I think there is very little upgrade for the price over POP...and way less ambience/Amenity than the deluxes.

However...things are a changing...which probably makes this moot.

Mainly at Caribbean and coronado which is being ripped apart to combine with other projects. So we’ll see.
$300 a night at Dixie is just not good enough...at the end of the day.

The amenities...especially table service...is much better at the deluxes. It’s not close.
I have never paid $300 a night...so there is that.

crxbrett

Deluxe snob here lol I have only stayed at the Poly, but have eaten and explored at some of the others. I have contemplated doing a vacation where I may do POR or POFQ for maybe 7 nights and then the Poly for another 7 or 8. I think at this point, since I am so used to the deluxe resorts, there is some worry on my part about being disappointed with a moderate?

At some point, I really should try a moderate at least for a few nights though - if anything, just out of curiosity. I have watched some resort tour videos for the POR and POFQ and they do look really nice. Even Coronado Springs looks enticing to me.

This sounds trivial, but I really do like to have a patio/sliding door to relax on every morning or night on my DW vacations. And that is a perk that the moderates do not have from what I have seen - someone correct me if I am wrong though.

El Chupacabra

So for reference we have stayed at 1 Value, 2 Moderates and 4 Deluxe Resorts in the World.

If you enjoy spending most of your rime in the Parks then Value resorts are the best bang for your buck as they have clean rooms, good theming, good CM's, fun pools and good food court.

If you enjoy relaxing and spending a lot of time at the resort then moderate/deluxes are the way to go as the theming is beautiful, pools are amazing (especially at the deluxe level) and lots of activities to do from crafts, storytelling and animal viewing (AKL is good for this)

For us, the moderates of POR and POFQ is actually are favorite which by de facto be our best value as it is beautiful, has southern charm, good food choices and the boat that goes to Disney Springs.

BTW, like @Master Yoda we have never paid anywhere close to $300 for a moderate

crxbrett

You are correct. Moderates do not have them.

Thanks. I guess if I ever go in winter, maybe I would do a moderate then since I am less likely to want to be outside on the patio if it is pretty cool/cold outside. I have only ever been to DW in Jul, Aug or Sep.

eliza61nyc

I'm a "deluxe snob," with my favorites being YC/BC and WL. Location, location, location.
That said, I've been known to stay in a moderate from time to time, and I like POFQ and CSR. Theming and relative comfort.

count me as another Deluxe snob. as always "worth" is a subjective measure. You are talking to a girl who will pay 5 bucks for a gallon of milk at the mini mark to avoid ever going into a supermarket. My time at this stage in life is worth way more than anything.
I love the Beach club. Epcot is my favorite resort so the ability to simply walk to that park is "worth" quite a bit to me. I dislike walking from my door to the outside and I don't like food courts.

I tend to go when it's really hot outside so the resort is important because I do go back and spend a lot of time there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom