• Expedition Everest

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Space Mountain

Votes: 59 26.6%
  • Pirates of the Caribbean

Votes: 15 6.8%

• Total voters

MJL92

As a person with zero nostalgia around it, I don't find Pirates of the Caribbean at WDW to be interesting in any way.

*ducks*

Not just you. While I love and appreciate Pirates and its history, MK's version is easily worst in the world. Anytime I've ridden with someone for the first time, they come away bored outside of the movie cameos.

I'd love to see them revamp it to the Shanghai version, but not holding my breath for any updates.

brideck

Yeah I don't get it... There's much love for the original ride, sure. But this new one they crammed in its place? Ugh. And the post-show is truly embarrassing; worn out and barely functional. 🤷‍♂️

Oh, the poor ImageWorks lab... I don't remember the original incarnation very well, but the current version could have some fun stuff in it if any of it worked reliably. It has to be the most obviously broken space in all of WDW.

Jon81uk

You can’t count Imagination. The current version is not the original E.

To all intents and purposes it’s a different ride.

But this version with Eric Idle has also aged badly.

A lot of older attractions were more timeless. But some more recent things like Imagination and Ellen's Adventure didn't age well.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I found anything with a pop culture idol or theming would by its nature age fast. Eric Idol. Martin Short. Ellen. All of Food Rocks.

You just said what so many of us have thought for long time. :)

But ... "more timeless, more relevant, more family friendly, and more Disney". Right? :)

Bender123

I found anything with a pop culture idol or theming would by its nature age fast. Eric Idol. Martin Short. Ellen. All of Food Rocks.

I do not, for the life of me, understand this company's fascination with pop culture based rides. Eric Idol, for what its worth, wasn't the problem with JIYI, the problem with that ride was its existence.

Last edited:

Jon81uk

You just said what so many of us have thought for long time. :)

But ... "more timeless, more relevant, more family friendly, and more Disney". Right? :)

Most Disney (and Pixar) animation doesn't reference pop culture, the films are reasonably timeless, therefore attractions based on them are pretty timeless. Only Ralph breaks the Internet comes to mind as having overt references that cement it as happening this year.

Yert3

While JiI is far worse than Space Mountain, I voted Space Mountain. You can definitely tell Space Mountain is from the 70 while the current JiI is obviously from the early 2000s.

trainplane3

I voted SM. JIYI didn't age bad, it WAS bad the day it opened and it IS still bad.

SM is in poor shape and is barely taken care of. I'm kind of surprised they were able to stick the Party City lights (Xmas overlay) in it with how much they actually care about the ride.

I personally think Figment has, simply because of the fact that it went from what the Youtube videos show to be a pretty good dark ride to... well, what it is now. In terms of actual physical aging, I'd agree that Space Mountain has aged the worst (and really deserves to have its track replaced, piece by piece) but in terms of aging as in how old it feels, Figment's really starting to show its age. Song's still really catchy, but the ride itself has definitely deteriorated in terms of show quality. At least Space Mountain is still extremely enjoyable, despite the occasional headache from its rickety track, and its queue is pretty nice.

Don't get why PotC is on this poll, it's still a decent dark ride with decent show quality despite the updates being considered negative. And I've never been on Everest (though I do plan to someday) so I can't speak on that one, but if it's mainly about the Yeti, I'd say that it really hasn't aged horribly for a ride that probably has some structural damage from the most elaborate show element in... well, probably any roller coaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom