Which guide do you recommend ?

SpykeYs

Hello Folks,

I've done a couple search here and I am not sure what guide I should purchase to plan my trip to Walt Disney in 19 days!!! :)

I heard alot of good things about the Unofficial Guide.. (Whats that.. where can I find it ?)

Also heard about WD-Secrets ? One about MIke... ?

What do you guys suggest ?

Thanks!

DisneyChik17

The Unofficial Guide is good. It is a lot of information which means a lot to read. I like Birnbaum's. It is to the point and easy to understand. There are tons more though. I would take a day (yes, a day) and go to a local Barnes & Noble or Books-A-Million and look through all of them. Find the one that fits you best.

Upvote 0

LoriMistress

Personally, I would recommend TGM just because he updates his information, even the very last minute--and it has best times to go to the parks for the morning AND evening, which UG does not.

Upvote 0

pinkrose

Passporter Walt Disney World is my very favorite. It not only has great information (and you can download any updates that come out since publishing that years edition), but it also has places to write down everything. There are also pockets in the back for each day of your vacation. This book is not only a great reference guide, but it also becomes a nice keepsake after your trip.

You can purchase it here..
www.passporter.com

or at a local bookstore. I bought mine at Barnes and Noble.

Upvote 0

frankd1962

I agree with both Pinkrose and Disneychik17. I'm using both Birnbaum (both the regular and without kids) & Passporter for my trip. Both will given you info from the official (Birnbaum) and a traveler's POV of the Resort. Passporter has all the great pockets in the back also for storing info you d/l, maps and more.

So get both.

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Birnbaums is Disney sanctioned, and as such will be give you only the pros (of pro and con)

I feel the Unofficial Guide to WDW is the definitive tome on all things WDW both good and bad.

Upvote 0

k.hunter30

The Unofficial Guide is THE book to get - hands down. There's actually a researcher for that book that stops in on the boards from time to time. To me, this book is essential. Plus you get to take advantage of access to touringplans.com if you have purchased the book. It's a must-buy.

Upvote 0

domndebs

We're used the Unofficial Guide every time, personally I think it's the best book around, and the touring plans do work. I've even brought an edition in a year we've not gone to WDW just to keep up to date with whats happening there!

Upvote 0

TwoTigersMom

Passporter Walt Disney World is my very favorite. It not only has great information (and you can download any updates that come out since publishing that years edition), but it also has places to write down everything. There are also pockets in the back for each day of your vacation. This book is not only a great reference guide, but it also becomes a nice keepsake after your trip.

You can purchase it here..
www.passporter.com

or at a local bookstore. I bought mine at Barnes and Noble.

Here's another vote for Passporter. While WDWMagic is by far the best forum for information on the web, Passporter.com just opened a Passporter Club section that you can join for a small fee. Within this section you can download (numbers off the top of my head) about 25 e-worksheets, 6 e-books and you can even commission a worksheet to be designed for you. All of these are included in your membership.

*EDIT* Just wanted to note that I'm not trying to sell the "product", just handing out some info because I like it so much :lol:

Upvote 0

pinkrose

Here's another vote for Passporter. While WDWMagic is by far the best forum for information on the web, Passporter.com just opened a Passporter Club section that you can join for a small fee. Within this section you can download (numbers off the top of my head) about 25 e-worksheets, 6 e-books and you can even commission a worksheet to be designed for you. All of these are included in your membership.

*EDIT* Just wanted to note that I'm not trying to sell the "product", just handing out some info because I like it so much :lol:

Same here :) I did join the club and am loving it.

Upvote 0

Joepic

I ordered my unofficial guide, but it hasn't arrived yet. Try the WDW trivia books by Lou Mangello. They're not much guides, but have so much tips about WDW that you probably never would have known. It's a great read.

Upvote 0

SpykeYs

Original Poster
Hello to all,

From Montreal, QC to Orlando FL with Air Canada, it's a 3:30 hour trip. I will then purchase both the UnOfficial and the Official guide that will keep me busy during the flight. I am now reading info on the passport site...

Where's the best place to purchase the Official and UnOfficial guide ?

*Please note that I live in Canada so I don't think it is available in most book store..*

Amazon prices:

The UnOfficial 2007: 11.96$USD
The Official 2007 (Birnbaums): 10.68$USD

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I am a big fan of Passporter and Passporter for YOUR Special Needs. I have both and even as a seasoned WDW "veteran" I still consult the books from time to time.

Head to Barnes and Noble and spend some time reading the books. See which one has the best "feel" for you. :wave:

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

The Unofficial Guide can be found at Barnes and Noble, or at the same .com. It IMHO is the best book out there, for one basic reason, it is not endorsed by Disney. Because TUG has negativity, whereas Birnbaums does not. You get trueful answers to just about any questions you might have. We have never read any of the other books. Because they don't tell it is.

Upvote 0

joelleharbert

Another vote for the Unofficial Guide! Plus it also gives you information on Universal Orlando, Islands of Adventure, and Sea World. I still read it even when I don't have immediate plans to visit WDW!

Upvote 0

MickeyTigg

The Unofficial Guide is by far the best. Birnbaum's is great for getting you into the Disney Spirit but it's pretty biased in Disney's favor. You're not going to read anything bad.

If you want an honest book that tells you the good and bad along with how to make the best use of your time....get the Unofficial Guide.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom