Which extinct attraction do you miss the most???

Justin149

Originally posted by alee4eva
Is TTA different from the People mover??.. i just thought they changed the name and a little bit of the outside for the new Tomorrowland.

they changed the whole in ride audio and a few of the things you see on the way. i just remember being on it when i was little and just loving every second of it. now that they changed it im not as happy about it anymore.

-justin

Liver Lips

I definately miss Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I always loved that as a kid. Winnie the Pooh is a great ride also but there is no reason they had to get rid of toad! Should have built Pooh somewhere else. 20k Leagues Under the Sea was great also. It's ridiculous that the lagoon has sat there relatively (Little Mermaid) unused for all this time. I agree that the Skway should never have been stopped, but since they did, you would think they could at least remove the huge towers that held the cables! Last time I was at the MK, they were still there. I also miss the old Tiki Birds show. The song that Lago sings in the new on emakes me want to run out of the room screaming.:cry:

Liver Lips

Mr. Toad

If anyone is interested in checking out a fantastic website dedicated to Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, go to www.savetoad.com. This was a site dedicated to saving the ride. Unfortunately we all know now that they were unsuccessful. A valiant attempt though.

Attachments

• icontoad.gif
    icontoad.gif
    1.9 KB · Views: 115

TiggersPooh

Why did they take out the skyride you have no idea how much I loved this ride!!! was it taken out in an attempt to take over the "world":drevil: :fork:

Irrawaddy Erik

basicly it was a very unsafe attraction...........basicly someone desided they wanted to get off the attraction (right in the middle of the ride)

redkenwolf

I miss horizons, Mr. Toad and definetly the Tiki room. It just isn't the same. The pineapple was my favorite part before, being able to watch and eat. Now sometimes I just get the pineapple and don't bother watching.

ghosthost13

I miss Horizons so,so,so badly. I never got a chance to ride it before they tore it down. I feel like a huge part of Epcot is missing without it. Sure Test Track is fantastic and Mission: Space will be also, but it's still an incomplete puzzle.

I want my Horizons back. Up until Mission: Space, Horizons was the only attraction that dealt with the future. I have high hopes that Mission: Space will be as entertaining and exciting as Horizons was.

New Horizons for you and for me!

kaos

Originally posted by TiggerDaddy
I miss "Now Is the Time" at COP also.

Just a quick tidbit... The show currently in CoP IS the original show from the 1964 world's fair. With the exception of the final scene (christmas) that has been updated past the 1970's look of the original show at the fair, the show is exactly as it was. The theme song "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" was the original music, and when, in the early 80's GE dropped the sponsorship, the music was changed to Now is the Time since GE wanted Great Big used in Horizons. Once GE dropped Horizons, the decision was made to refurb the show to the original presentation.

BradleyJ

Originally posted by kaos

The theme song "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" was the original music, and when, in the early 80's GE dropped the sponsorship, the music was changed to Now is the Time since GE wanted Great Big used in Horizons

I always though, The COP used "NOW IS THE TIME" from the being after moving to Florida.

The reintstated "GBBT" version was reintroduced durring the New Tomorrowland rehab, around 95/96.

kaos

Originally posted by BradleyJ

I always though, The COP used "NOW IS THE TIME" from the being after moving to Florida.

The reintstated "GBBT" version was reintroduced durring the New Tomorrowland rehab, around 95/96.

I thought that too, but, a few years ago, I pulled out some old family "films" (those Super 8 moving filmstrip things) from a trip in 1978 to WDW, and it was GBBT. (My Dad did some great bootlegging, as you weren't supposed to film that back then because of the GE sposorship)

NADisney

Heres my list:

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Tiki room
If you had Wings
Swan Boats
Horizons
Kitchen Cabaret
Mission to Mars
America-the Beautiful circle-vision

disneyfamily

The ride i miss the most would have to be 20k leagues under the sea. Man, I loved that ride. I liked the way the submarines smelled, and how the red light came on when you dived under the ocean. My favorite part was when you saw the little nautilus that was being crushed by the squid...so cool :mad:

Strawberryblond

I miss Skyway :(! I grew up going to SanDiego Zoo and riding their skyride (my fav. thing there). I also rode the skyway at DLCA in my youth but not as often. I loved that it went through the Materhorn (sp?) and you could look down at the monster and people riding. I rode the skyway at WDW for the first time as an adult and loved how long it was, that it turned a corner (COOL) and went over water in Tomorrow land. We rode it numerous times and we didn't even have kids with us (this was our honeymoon). The first time I went to DLCA and there wasn't the skyway anymore (they had sealed over the holes in the Materhorn) I was sooo depressed, the park didn't feel the same! So when we went to WDW for our 2nd time (five years after our honeymoon) I was delighted to see that the skyway was still there. We rode it every chance we got and took loads of video, had a feeling it wouldn't be there for ever. OH, I'm even misty eyed typing this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom