Which extinct attraction do you miss the most???

disneydudette

These are times when u realize who young you are:p

If you think about it.....something like those rides brought so much happieness.....and know its all about thrill rides...its really a shame!:cry: :cry: Cuz some of those rides were pretty good for there time!!

mburk

Originally posted by DisneyWorldGuru
Mr. Toads Wild Ride from Disney World and The Davy Crocket Cannoes from Disneyland.

Just wondering - We were at DisneyLand in September and went on a canoe ride around Tom Sawyer's island. I don't remember the name - is this the Davey Crockett canoes? or something else?

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by mburk

Just wondering - We were at DisneyLand in September and went on a canoe ride around Tom Sawyer's island. I don't remember the name - is this the Davey Crockett canoes? or something else?

I just found out that the Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes at Disneyland were back in operation for Summer 1999 and continue to operate even after the end of the Summer season. The Canoes now appear to be a year-round attraction!

For a while they were gone.

For all about the old and lost Disneland rides go to www.yesterland.com

This is a picture of the Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes from Yesterland.com :

Attachments

• canoes.jpg
    canoes.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 119

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
The attraction I miss the most?....."If You had Wings".....This attraction had such a great feel, and some really neat effects for it's day. On top of it all was a catchy little theme song, just as contagious as "It's a Small World", but in a better way. Even though it didn't have much to do with the world of tomorrow, it was a fun ride, and at that time "FREE", no ticket required. The boat ride in Mexico has some "travelling merchants" that resemble those in IYHW. Yes, I miss this one.

wyattkelly

Darn, I miss Horizons. It was great! Should have just refabed the sucker. That huge IMAX screen, the great work with the audio-animatronics, and the fact you could choose which way to end the ride. I went through three times in a row one day just so I could go on the Space, the Water, and the Farm. *sighs* Wish someone could find high-quality mpegs of those so I could relive them. :cry:

Lance

Horizons is my most missed.......

Captain EO was a great show, but it was replaced with another great show, so no big loss.

JoeZerboy

Originally posted by alee4eva
What was this kitchen cabaret thing??? I've never heard of it... And what were the differences between the old tickets? I wasn't around when they did away with that....

Sorry for asking so many stupid questions :brick:

Not stupid questions at all, alee4eva...

Kitchen Kabaret was the food and nutrition show before Food Rocks in The Land at EPCOT. Cute little animatronic show.

The old tickets [and now I feel old here, folks...haha]. When MK opened [up until 1982, I think, when EPCOT opened] your admission bought you a booklet of tickets to use to get onto the attractions. This is where the names of "A", "B", "C", "D" and "E" tickets comes from. Each letter denoted the level or popularity of the rides listed on the ticket...for example, Space Mountain was an "E" ticket ride. You can see some of these here on the board.

Hope this helps....

Joe

raven

I REALLY missHorizons. I loved that ride. It was never crowded and you could ride it over and over sometimes without getting off.
I loved the huge IMAX screens and the Farm area the most. I wish they would redo the ride somewhere or add some of the props to existing rides just for memory.

I know it wasn't torn down because it got old. It was torn down because the building was unsafe. I just wish they would have adjusted the building and made renovations to make it better. That may sound difficult but, they are Disney and if they can't do it, no one can. Just wished they would have tried harder. :(

Lady Tinkerbell

Kitchen Kabaret was where Food Rocks is now inside the Land in Epcot. It had basically the same message of "good nutrition". I'm really sorry that you never got to see it! It was a really cute show and a good way to break up an extremely HOT day in Epcot.

alee4eva

Thanks so much Joe It did help a lot... Lol yeah my age really shows here

The old tickets [and now I feel old here, folks...haha]. When MK opened [up until 1982, I think, when EPCOT opened] your admission bought you a booklet of tickets to use to get onto the attractions. This is where the names of "A", "B", "C", "D" and "E" tickets comes from. Each letter denoted the level or popularity of the rides listed on the ticket...for example, Space Mountain was an "E" ticket ride. You can see some of these here on the board.

Justin149

Well i'de have to say,

Horizons
PeopleMover, not this TTA garbage
Dreamflight
Mr. Toads wild Ride

thats all i can remember now

-Justin

alee4eva

Is TTA different from the People mover??.. i just thought they changed the name and a little bit of the outside for the new Tomorrowland.

pixiedust1010

I definitely miss World of Motion the most, I thought it was such a good ride and even though I like Test Track, I would rather have WoM back anyday. And the original Imagination, including the playground.
However, if they do take away CoP forever, that will move to the top of my list--it has always been one of my favorite attractions.

Shannon_Yensid

well, i'd say Horizons, 20K, Dreamflight, Skyway, and Kitchen Kabaret are missed....
i don't really think there's a difference between peoplemovers and TTA, except the name, and don't like the new name, but family and i still call it peoplemovers...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom