Which extinct attraction do you miss the most???

Nansafan

As far as MK is considered, hands down, Mr. Toad (even though the outside of Mr. Toad at Disneyland was cooler). EPCOT, I miss World of Motion and especially Horizons, who can forget the end where you got to choose how you finish the ride.

Lady Tinkerbell

I miss the original Journey Into Imagination. Mr. Toad in a very close second, and then Horizons. I also miss calling the TTA the "People Mover". I still catch myself calling it the People Mover to this day! :hammer:

TomDisney

EPCOT - JII, that was my favorite in the whole park.

MK - Mr. Toad, 20,000 Leagues, and the Skyride. I always loved riding over the park and looking down on the people and seeing the whole park like that.

General Grizz

It matters on my mood. Here are the ones I usually miss the most in NO PARTICULAR ORDER...:

HORIZONS
WORLD OF MOTION
JOURNEY INTO IMAGINATION
THE KITCHEN KABARET
TROPICAL SERENADE
DREAMFLIGHT

The above, CoP, and CBJ would be the world for me... :(

Dr. Dom

I definitely miss Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, World of Motion, Horizons (although I only rode it once and that was just before it closed :mad: ), and Journey into Imagination. But the attraction I miss the most is If You Had Wings (the Eastern Airlines version). I can still sing most of the song and everytime I help Buzz defeat Zurg, I think of the "speed room" and "flying through the air with Eastern Airlines, the Official Airline of Walt Disney World." (One heck of a long time ago!)

bjshade23

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
It matters on my mood. Here are the ones I usually miss the most in NO PARTICULAR ORDER...:

HORIZONS
WORLD OF MOTION
JOURNEY INTO IMAGINATION
THE KITCHEN KABARET
TROPICAL SERENADE
DREAMFLIGHT

The above, CoP, and CBJ would be the world for me... :(

I totally forgot about Kitchen Kabaret. That was the greatest. Veggie Fruit Fruit Veggie Vegie Fruit Fruit. I miss that show.

But I miss Toad the most. As I like to say Winnie the Who.... oh I mean Pooh. :fork:

JoeZerboy

Originally posted by Dr. Dom
... But the attraction I miss the most is If You Had Wings (the Eastern Airlines version). I can still sing most of the song and everytime I help Buzz defeat Zurg, I think of the "speed room" and "flying through the air with Eastern Airlines, the Official Airline of Walt Disney World." (One heck of a long time ago!)

I was wondering who was going to be the first to mention this one. I'm right there with ya, Dr Dom. I remember many a family trip in the 70's to MK where my family and I would end the day doing that since it never needed a ticket. A nice, relaxing, well air conditioned attraction.

Now I've got the music running in my head... :hammer: ...you evil person, you. ;)

Joe

BMC

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Winnie the Pooh is ok but Mr. Toad was classic...Wind in the Willows was one of my favorite movies as a kid. :cry:

Rehabilitated

World of Motion

Having worked for GM for three years at their GM Proving Ground in Milford, MI among other places, I find Test Track boring. I truly miss World of Motion with its Fun To Be Free song and history of transportation. Oh well...hopefully I'll find some good video of it so I can relive one of the best shows EPCOT had to offer when it opened.

Bimmy56

Definitely Horizons. My favorite part was in the middle of the ride where you seem to be suspended in space, and the "orange" grove smell.

I also miss the World of Motion and the Imagination ride. I sure hope they bring the song ( one Little Spark) back

MarkP8

<center>I miss the World of Motion most of all, and find Test Track - sadly - a Future World failure.</center>

kaos

1) Mr. Toad's Wild Ride... I already wrote my feelings in a previous post

2) Horizons - I waited so long for it to open, and it was the first to go

3) This is going to seem weird, but Mission to Mars. I know, it kinda sucked, but the mission control room was really sweet

4) If you Had Wings. I never quite understood the ticket things because I was 5 when they went away, but I remember my dad always saying that there is no line and it's free... never got to ride the trolley either because I think it was an "E" ticket, or maybe it was a D... Does anyone remember?

5) 20k.. enough said

6) The 3-hour backlot tour, not the 20 minute one they do now

7) and who can forget the Swan boats on Main Street?

alee4eva

What was this kitchen cabaret thing??? I've never heard of it... And what were the differences between the old tickets? I wasn't around when they did away with that....

Sorry for asking so many stupid questions :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom