Which DVC Club for Honeymoon?

satinka

Original Poster
My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon at Walt Disney next September and are deciding between the Boardwalk Villas and the Wilderness Lodge Villas.

Does anybody have any thoughts on which would be better? Which one is more adult oriented?

dvcnut39

I love them all, but for the rustic feel, I would have to say VWL. Have a great trip!

Just make sure you walk around Disney's Boardwalk at night. Absolutely beautiful.

Basically, I'm undecided.

slappy magoo

Going by what the Unofficial Guide to WDW says, at the Boardwalk Villas, you're getting a location near to many other resorts & restaurants and even walking distance to two of the 4 main parks, and I think the studios are the largest out of any of the DVC studios, but you're also in a busier, noisier resort area that could hamper any romantic vibe.

With the Wilderness Lodge Villas, it's a little more secluded (which *I* would find more romantic), you get ferry service to the MK, depending on the time of year you may even have ferry service to the Contemporary which would give you monorail access, and a brief walk or bus ride to Fort Wilderness and all there is to offer there (Hoop De Do, romantic carriage or hay rides, campfires and movies under the stars, granted, they're Disney movies but I always like outdoor movies, myself).

If it weren't a honeymoon, I might be more tempted to do the Boardwalk between those two DVC options. But for the more serene locale alone, I'd do Wilderness in a heartbeat. I'd even consider OKW & SSR before Boardwalk for a honeymoon. They're both more spread out, more secluded, but with ferry access to DTD & Pleasure Island. SSR even has a walkway to the DTD on both ends, and I've heard OKW has a walkway now, as well, don't know if that's definite or not. So you're reasonably close to some night life options without being right on top of them, literally.

And since it is a honeymoon, if you are getting a studio, think about upgrading to a 1 BR for at least a few nights. It gives you an opportunity to get some laundry done without interrupting touring (or anything else, meow), plus you get king sized bed & the larger bathroom with the whirlpool tub (double meow)

SnowFire

I'll also vote for VWL. I've stayed at both and both are amazing, but for a honeymoon I would pick the quiet of VWL over the busy Boardwalk.

disneynut_la

My vote is for WLV. It has a more romantic feel to it. Also it is kind of away from everything giving a romantic appeal. Also if possible upgrade to the 1br to get the bigger bed and the jacuzzi(hubba hubba):p And the carriage rides at Fort Wilderness nearby are very romantic. The WLV also has a very nice set of trails to walk.

Dagger

I vote for Boardwalk hands down... unless you want to be alone, but we like the bustle and liveliness when on vacation (it is still pretty adult-oriented though!)

socalkdg

BWV is my vote due to the access to the boardwalk and Epcot and all the restuarants located there. Plus you have some nightlife there as well which is great for the adults if you don't want to go to Pleasure Island. If you plan on going to Pleasure Island every night, then choose SSR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom