Which Disney Animated feature would you like to see a WDW attraction made from?

redkenwolf

PLEASE steal my ideas!!!

I agree with everyone that more rides should be made from movies. As you might be able to tell I LOVE Beauty and the Beast. How perfect would that movie be in a dark ride!! Can you picture it being like snow white or pinochio in DL- you start out in the village, then you travel to the woods with the dad, next you are in the castle with belle- maybe even do the wolves and woods thing. Then you have the ballroom scene-ending in the beast's room with the rose on the table- next room is the mob and Gaston dying in the rain- next the beast's transformation and the end (happily ever after)> WHERE HAVE ALL THE GREAT ANIMATRONICS GONE!!! Look at how much theming and detail went into PotC. The MK has soo much potential with the other CLASSIC Disney movies.

Ariel would make a PERFECT ride for where the submarines used to be! My God that thing has been closed forever! The Animal Kingdom is perfect for a Jungle book ride. And I LOVE the Monster's inc. ride idea! And now that you mention it, the nightmare before Christmas would make a great dark ride as well.

Sorry I am on such a dark ride kick, but it seems that these are some of the most memorable and exciting rides for kids- they don't know what to expect next, they aren't scared of it. It Definetly isn't common and the kids are exposed to TRUE DISNEY characters. I've been wishing this forever, and I'm not saying I am not thrilled by the new Disney rides and innovative ideas (It's tough to be a bug is genious) But I am dying for a new dark ride!!!! Anyone else with me on this? ??:goodnevil :goodnevil :goodnevil

Dawn S

Yes, it would be incredibly cool if they would take the 20,000 Leagues carcass & turn it into a Little Mermaid ride...being right next to Ariel's Grotto, that would just be killer!!!

Monsters Inc. does have great possibilities, too!!

JoniTink

I've said this before in another thread, but I would absolutely love to see an attraction for Mary Poppins.......there are so many different things you could do with it........it doesn't have to be a ride (since I can't think of anything from the movie that would make a good ride)......but do a dance type show......like where Bert and all the other chimney sweeps were dancing on the roof tops.........or you could even have Bert somewhere in the Magic Kingdom drawing the little chalk drawings on the ground......or dancing in the streets somewhere on Main Street playing his music........just something.......Mary Poppins has always been my favorite Disney movie..I know that its all animated, but some of it is......

I do agree though that Monsters Inc. would make a good attraction too!!

GGG1

I would love to see the 20,000 Leagues attraction redone with today's technology. I loved the original ride even though the effects were kind of cheesy. I cant imagine what they could do today.

hadleybarth

I have to agree with JoniTink that Mary Poppins would be great. I'd love to see it as a dark ride with lots of scenes from the film. Instead of boats, guests could ride on caurosel horses modled after the ones the kids (and Mary and Bert of course) race on in the chalk picture. If they could make room for this, it would make a nice addition to Epcot (in the England pavillion), or would work for MK or MGM.

kaos

Where have all the Toadies gone???

WIND IN THE WILLOWS!!! Use the submarine lagoon and take a boat ride through the world of Toad in Wind in the Willows... after all, they did live on the lake...

bearboysnc

Mary Poppins is a MUST.

Bedknobs and Broomsticks!!! Island of Naboomboo!

Turn the 20k lagoon into a glass bottom boat ride themed to Little Mermaid. Then enter the caverns is visit under da sea.

A Beauty & the Beast castle tour/fun house.

Disneynutcase

Okay, so I'm reading all these great posts and all I keep thinking is, "man, Disney is so lame!"

There are so many great flicks to exploit and they just kind of bag on all of them, and then when they do give us a ride, it's either half of what we expect--like the Magic Carpets (great vehicles but would be better in a dark ride format)--or go half-assed with things like Ariel's Grotto instead of a ride.

Then when they finally behoove themselves to make something of old into a ride, it's usually something long overdue (like Pooh) or something strangely off the shelf and not in circulation anymore--like Song Of The South, Nightmare Before Xmas, and Wind In the Willows (and I realize that Mr. Toad Wild Ride goes back to the '50's as an original attraction at DL). But still, they don't really herald nor replay these movies much and they have fairly exploited if not mega-popular rides.

I mean, c'mon. Reality here is that we're probably going to see a Rescuers or a Bednobs & Broomsticks attraction (which I forgot about, but would be a great ride if done right) before they put a commitment into an attraction featuring some of their most recent successes.

Strangely, only the Pixar stuff has been given life in the parks with Buzz's Space Ranger Spin and ITTBAB 3-D at AK. Both are great and pretty popular attractions as well as the Lion King Show at AK. You'd think they'd go for something bigger with any of the recent animated successes and would open the ride with a lot of promo and fan-fare.

And here's another one that no one has mentioned yet: Sleeping Beauty. I know they have the walk-thru thing in the castle at DL, but how cool would that be as a dark ride? Think of he possibilities with Malificent and her alter-ego, the dragon, the fairy stuff, the whole kingdom going to sleep as you ride thru.

See, when it comes to exploiting this stuff, Disney is strangely lame.

BigNorm

Original Poster
Seeing the Island of Naboomboom would be awesome. I never thought of a Bednobs and Broomsticks attraction. That would kick some major !:sohappy:

DisneyFreak721

You guys seriously sparked my imaginition with the Rescuers Idea, but not the first film. The Rescuers Down Under would make a great "Soarin Over" type of attraction, except it would be the eagle picking you up as if you were Cody and taking you over that river with great mist and water effects, it would be awesome.

FanofDinsey1981

Itotally dig the idea about the rollercoaster and monsters inc. good call.

and alice should SO have a better ride than the tea cups. ok, I love them, but I can't ride them like a kid can anymore. how cool would it be to ride through wonderland just like we do through snow white's adventure and pooh's adventure!:wave:

BigNorm

Original Poster
yeah, I thought Monster Inc. would make a great roller coaster from the minute I saw that scene in the movie.

DisneyFreak721

Originally posted by FanofDinsey1981

and alice should SO have a better ride than the tea cups. ok, I love them, but I can't ride them like a kid can anymore. how cool would it be to ride through wonderland just like we do through snow white's adventure and pooh's adventure!:wave:

Ummm, there is one a trip through Wonderland that is just like snow white and pooh. Sadly this trip can only be taken at Disneyland in California. not in florida. They should put it there too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom