Which Disney Animated feature would you like to see a WDW attraction made from?

BigNorm

Original Poster
Any Disney movie from Pinnochio to A Goofy Movie. What animated movie do you want to experience at WDW?

Personally I think it would be cool if there were a Pinnochio ride at WDW like the one in Disneyland. I've never gotten to go to Anaheim and would love to experience the attraction in Florida.

Wilt Dasney

Alice in Wonderland...

And don't try to tell me the Teacups count, 'cuz they don't!!!

Done right, this would the trippiest, most far-out attraction ever seen. Just picture it: As the journey begins, everything is serene and normal, until your car "falls" down the rabbithole, emerging into Alice's crazy playland. All the major scenes would be there: a Shrinking/Growing Room, the Mad Tea Party, the Crocquet Game, the Dark Forest...and there would be lots of things thrown in just for random weirdness: an upside-down room, mirrors which distort reflections, and plenty of wacky stuff I'm not imaginative enough to come up with. I wanna see this ride!!!

...but maybe that's just me.

BigNorm

Original Poster
There's an Alice ride in DL. In fact, Kathryn Beaumont, the original voice of Alice, narrates the attraction.

Wilt Dasney

Originally posted by BigNorm
There's an Alice ride in DL. In fact, Kathryn Beaumont, the original voice of Alice, narrates the attraction.

Damn Californians...;)

sounds like they should replace MK with DL...and here I thought the Florida resort had it all.

DanStat

I would like to see one for Monsters, Inc., or the upcoming "Disney Villains: House of Mouse"!

I love the Disney Villains, and Monsters, Inc. would make a great rollercoaster. ;)

Terp02

I think that the Jungle Book or Robin Hood should have one, just because I love those movies, even though I don't know what would fit for a ride. I still think Atlantis would be a good one, and one of the CGI Movies could be turned into a simulator of some sort.

Anyway, as for the Alice ride at DL, I think it's the best "cardboard" rides out there. (my brother and I call the dark rides carboard rides because there's not too much movement) It's really cool when you go outside as well as the deck of cards moving around. I think it should be moved to WDW because it's a really fun ride. BTW, what dark rides are at DL but not at WDW, and vice versa?

NADisney

Alice in Wounderland ,I just love the one in DL and Pinocchio was cool as well. Of course I would also like to a see Roger Rabbit Car-Toon Spin ride, Beauty and the Beast,I would also like Mickey and the Beanstalk.

They need an attraction with Mickey and the gang (not like the Mickey Mouse Revue) but close to it.

MKCustodial

I'd like to see more attention given to the "pet" movies, like Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmatians and Aristocats. Something cute, like Peter Pan's Flight.

And also Jungle Book, maybe a live show like Tarzan Rocks. Someone said here that Tarzan Rocks actually replaced Jungle Book, I wonder how that was.

disneydudette

MONSTERS inc.!!

Like a rollarcoaster like the scene n the movie with the track and all the doors going down the track....THAT WOULD BE SO COOL!

NADisney

I saw the Jungle Book show at AK june 1998, It was Great. The puppetry along with moving sets and live actors .They need more shows like that and rides that were influenced by Walt.

BigNorm

Original Poster
And this year, the Imagination Institutes Scientist of the Year is...

A Flubber attraction would be a great to replace the aging Honey I Shrunk the Audience. I know it's not a cartoon, but Flubber and the hovering robot were computer animated. I think that's close enough to animation anyway.

doctor tigger

No question here---Jungle Book. In fact, all the time we were in Animal Kingdom in 2000, I kept asking "why isn't there something here that deals with the "Jungle Book?"

Don L Duck

How about a ride that has all Disney's animated movies there's about 40 right.You just ride through like SSE and it has storyboard's from every movie, with a narration of release dates and bits of trivia and unknown information.Just think that ride would never be completed it would change for every movie add on:hammer:

Disneynutcase

The "Alice" ride at DL is great--about twice the length of a normal kiddie dark ride. It's always been one of my all-time faves. I've always been surprised that they never put it into another park. Likewise for "Roger Rabbit"--just very inventive and the cue area is themed out like the back alleys in the movie.

"Pinocchio" is a nice ride, but has been a walk-on attraction since it opened. Hence, it's probably never going into any other park.

I'm shocked that they never did more with "Little Mermaid." Talk about the flick that brought Disney animation back! I know that they have one in Tokyo Disney Sea, but why not elsewhere? In fact the old 20,000 Leagues/Sub areas in both DL and MK would make a perfect setting. They already have the ride staging area awaiting a new attraction. It would just be a matter of doing a proper rehab. In the case of DL, they'd just have to make the cue happen on the Fantasyland side of the lagoon, near the Matterhorn.

Also shocked that the best that they can come up with for Aladdin attractions is the flying carpets (albiet, it is kind of cool, just not very complex) and the Iago addition to Tiki Room. Peter Pan's Flight has always been one of the more popular kid rides because of the flying boats. So taking the same concept and going Aladdin with it on flying carpets would be pretty cool.

I immediately thought coaster when I saw the door scene in "Monsters Inc." I was also thinking new flume ride when I saw "Emperor's New Groove"--which is highly underrated and was strangely not very supported by Disney. I thought it was quite good, had me going from the beginning with the Tom Jones' tune.

As far as "Atlantis." I've attempted to see it twice. My kids dig it, but I always fall asleep halfway into it. Yep, there's a lot blatantly there to make a ride out of, but I don't think it deserves it. May as well make one from "Black Cauldron" if they decide to do an Atlantis one.

Then again, this is the company that makes a "Country Bears" movie and pulls the show from DL a year before the movie's release. It's also the company that does a "holiday" makeover to the HM with a movie it didn't support much, that not too many people even associate with Disney, that hasn't really been seen nor exploited in a good 7 to 8 years prior to the makeover.

So "Black Cauldron": the ride actually makes sense if you're a Disney executive.

Oh, God. Now I gave them an idea.

DisneyFreak721

I am so glad that someone has finally brought this up in a post. Since someday I would like to be an imagineer, and one thing i fear and hate most in life is stealing ideas and copying. I'll share some simple ones.

Ever seen those skycoaster bungee-swing things? One of those based on "The bird" from A Bug's Life

A stunt/pyrotechnic show based on the China Celebration at the end of Mulan when shan yu gets his.

A cross between alien encounter and the submarine voyage/20k based on the Leviathan from Atlantis.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
here is an obscure one for ya'
(doh! someone mentioned this one above...sorry)

The Black Cauldron

I loved that movie when I was really young.... I actually remember my parents taking us to the "Drive-in" to see it...kinda dark... and spooky....it would be neat in ride form.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom