Which Disney Animated feature would you like to see a WDW attraction made from?

dponisci

carpet ride...

i know its been said before, but the carpet ride in aladdin was begging for a roller coaster to made of it, or at least something more thrilling that the lame excuse for a ride in adventureland. disney should scrap that ride and try again. maybe a coaster featuring technology from Stealth at Magic Mountain in CA, which has been rumored at disney for a couple years now. since the success of RnR in the studios, disney took its first risk with inverted roller coasters and it paid off so why not try this....

Erika

Re: carpet ride...

Originally posted by dponisci
i know its been said before, but the carpet ride in aladdin was begging for a roller coaster to made of it, or at least something more thrilling that the lame excuse for a ride in adventureland. disney should scrap that ride and try again.

Amen to that! When I first saw the movie, I, like a lot of you, saw tons of potential in the carpet ride out of the Cave of Wonders. I was so disappointed when one never turned up. The DQ attraction is ok, I guess, but nothing to scream about. At any rate I'm not a big DQ person. And the carpet ride in Adventureland-- Well, I haven't been down there since that's been up but it sounds like something I won't be going on.

Maybe somewhere down the road...

hadleybarth

I have to agree with many of you that somehting very cool, which appeals to all ages, could be made from Alladin and I would love to see Disney do this. But, I also think you guys are being too quick to knock hte current ride. It is made to appeal to little kids and my three and five year olds love it. It saves us tons of time as they are willing to ride the carpets instead of Dumbo. Remeber also, that the ride went into a very confined space.

Liver Lips

Another great topic..I agree with Disneynutcase...reading these posts really makes me realize how much Disney has "dropped the ball" as of late with new MK attractions. They have brought us some good ones though.
1. The Monsters, Inc. rollercoaster idea is a great one. I leaned over to my wife in the theater and told her as much.
2. For God's sake, please put something in the damned 20k Lagoon!!!!!!! How long do we have to stare at that thing? Makes moving out Mr. Toad even harder to swallow with all of that unused land. I don't care, Little Mermaid, Atlantis, whatever.
3. Bringing the Alice in Wonderland from DL to WDW is a great idea...make it even T R I P P I E R !!!
4. Mary Poppins is another great idea!!! This movie has some of Disney's most memorable music. One of Walt's favorites and most successful films. Would be a great dark ride.
5. Not the greatest movie ever but TRON would make a great dark ride in Tomorrowland-think of the effects that could be used!
6. Can't wait until we get another spinning ride, like Dumbo, Astro Orbiter and Aladdin! Maybe something in Liberty Square like :TWIRLING TORRIES-you get to go around in circles in vehicles shaped like non-seperatist loyalists to King George!!! Man, that would be so much fun-NOT!

Originally posted by doctor tigger
Oooooh! I LOVE the idea for the Mary Poppins ride! Maybe at the end you could have tea or something like that!

Doc tig

About the Marry Poppin's Ride...I actually have "created " a ride track and prop layout for tha attraction, in my sppre-time for the past year or two...if i ever work for Disney (as i hope i sould someday), this would be a GREAT(!) ride......if u want any info on the ride, email me at

UP_DSNYFreak@yahoo.com

Attachments

• peter.jpg
    peter.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 69

FanofDinsey1981

Atlantis in place of 20,000 leagues sounds great! that would be a really fun ride, that you could take with the big mechanical monster chasing you and everything. on the other side, you get off in an area behind the lagoon, and you get off in Atlantis or something. maybe a play area for kids? (or adults....)

and liver lips, I like #6. it would be lost on those who dont know history of the US, but still, I would find it funny. ;)

Originally posted by hadleybarth
I have to agree with JoniTink that Mary Poppins would be great. I'd love to see it as a dark ride with lots of scenes from the film. Instead of boats, guests could ride on caurosel horses modled after the ones the kids (and Mary and Bert of course) race on in the chalk picture. If they could make room for this, it would make a nice addition to Epcot (in the England pavillion), or would work for MK or MGM.

I guess gret minds think alike, i' also hyave those carrousel horses for part iof myride layout...

more info :

UP_DSNYFreak@yahoo.com

Attachments

• fant_tile.jpg
    fant_tile.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 81

redkenwolf

I agree with WDW100 that there should be a rescuers ride. Everyone could ride and albatross and travel through a swamp, and trip through Australia.

ghosthost13

How about a Black Cauldron (dark) ride similar to the Haunted Mansion. Or perhaps a TRON 3-D movie/simulator/stunt show.
I really wish they would do something with TRON. Love that movie.

Somewhere I saw a description of an attraction Disneyland Paris was supposed to have of Beauty and The Beast -- where you entered Beast's castle and saw the rose, etc. I'd LOVE that!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom