Which deluxe would you choose?

kennygman

Original Poster
My family and I have always stayed at the value resorts due to budget constraints. A family member is considering getting DELUXE rooms for our whole group as a gift. Understanding that each family has young children, which DELUXE resort would you choose. Money isn't a hinderance, but it would be in a standard, non view room.

hcswingfield

My favorite is the Boardwalk, followed closely by the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I like the Boardwalk/Beach Club/Yacht Club area because of the option of walking to Epcot and Disney Studios, and because it's fun to just be on the boardwalk and watch all the street entertainers and fun going on there. The Animal Kingdom lodge seems to have a lot of planned activities for kids. And it's really cool to be able to view the animals.

pirate-princess

i love polynesian the rooms are slighlty bigger - sleep 5 and i think there was 2 sinks?

and the location is great 2 stops on the monorail to magic!!!

ps what is a dream job pirate winner?!!!

DiPSU224

The only deluxe resorts I've stayed in have been the Polynesian and the AKL so I'm not sure about the others, but we LOVED LOVED LOVED the Polynesian. Since you're going to be with young kids, it might be really nice to be in one of the monorail resorts for a quick way to the MK and Epcot. Even in a non-view room the grounds and the atmosphere are great. (We lucked out and were given a no charge upgrade to a castle view room for our honeymoon! :sohappy: ) The kids might love the beach as well. What a great gift you guys are going to recieve!

RiversideBunny

Because there are children involved, the Magic Kingdom will be very important. For that reason you should go for a monorail resort. The Grand Floridian, the Polynesian, or even the Contemporary would be excellent.

My big dream is for someone to let me stay at the GF for free.
:)

Mick G.

What a problem! It really depends on your personal tastes, and the ages of your kids. If they are Magic Kingdom fans, it's going to be best to stay at a monorail hotel, and I think monorail hotels enhance the Disney experience. But the again, I don't like the busses.

Given the choice between the Contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian, I would pick the Poly. I find the GF a bit stuffy, and the Contemporary has lots of construction going on, with dining choices moving around. If the kids were older, and we weren't going to be hitting the parks too heavily, I would consider the Wilderness Lodge.

shoppingnut

I'm staying at the Yacht Club next month and very much looking forward to using the storm along bay pool (it's almost like a water park in itself) that is shared by they Yacht/Beach Club. I also like the Beaches & Cream Ice cream parlor. Last year we stayed at the Boardwalk and while it was very nice, realized that Yacht/Beach had more to offer. Also being on the back gate of epcot is great.

Really, any deluxe you end up selecting will be terrific. You might want to check of this website that has all the particulars and photos the of hotels, it might help in making your choice. http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_hot.htm

kennygman

Original Poster
i love polynesian the rooms are slighlty bigger - sleep 5 and i think there was 2 sinks?

and the location is great 2 stops on the monorail to magic!!!

ps what is a dream job pirate winner?!!!

Here's a full trip report link to my Dream Job Pirate trip to Disneyland. It was a contest sponsored by careerbuilder.com

http://p104.ezboard.com/ftellnotalesfrm10.showMessage?topicID=238.topic

Here's links to the video of me performing with the Bootstrappers. I'm on the far left.
I've converted, split and uploaded my wife's filming of our Dream Job Show at Pirate's Lair. It's in 3 parts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uLip9hx0j8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF8os6cTurg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfUbv6j0g2Y

Here's a link to my careerbuilder video on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lpYOyFvjMI

jalpcm

I prefer the Contemporary or the Poly. I've stayed at both and had a great time. The one thing I did not like about my room in the Poly was how dark the bathroom was. I felt like I was taking a shower in the dark. I like that sometimes, but not all of the time. The dinner/lunch food is good at the Poly, but I prefer Contemporary's breakfast both Chef Mickey's and Concourse. I love the Poly theme and the waterfall is beautiful. Contemporary has better shops though in my opinion.

tracyandalex

my suggestion would be Poly or AKL. Poly has great themeing and of coursethe monrail is awsome. AKL has the animals which are always fun for kids. i noticedthat someone mentioned Beach club for the pool and will definately second that. Storm along bay is awsome!!

congrats on the gift & have a ton of fun for the rest of us who won't be there

tracy

vardy

We have stayed at the BC and Wilderness Lodge. It is just as easy to get to the Magic Kingdom from WL as it is the Poly, Grand Flor., and Contemp. Also I think the WL is a little bit cheaper.

ThinkTink721

My family and I have always stayed at the value resorts due to budget constraints. A family member is considering getting DELUXE rooms for our whole group as a gift. Understanding that each family has young children, which DELUXE resort would you choose. Money isn't a hinderance, but it would be in a standard, non view room.
From what I have seen, I would personally choose the Beach Club Resort.
I love the decor & the pool looks awesome!
:wave:

slappy magoo

I'd also agree that being near the MK might be best, considering you all have kids (of course, if they're all older kids, that could sway things). I think I'd suggest the Fort Wilderness. First of all, I always feel guilty about spending other people's money, and WL (along with Animal Kingdom) has the least expensive Deluxe Resort rooms. If one family member is treating, that'd help him/her save a couple of bucks. You don't have the monorail, but you DO have ferry access to the magic Kingdom, which is kinda cool, plus boats to the Contemporary, which would get you to the monorail. WL has lake access so you have all the boats to rent, one of the most fun restaurants on property, great pool/kids area...Plus, you're a walk/boat ride away from Fort Wilderness, which has lots of other additional amenities for kids and families, hayrides, campfire singalongs, nightly outdoor movies with the ability to get yerself some 'smore fixins, etc.

To that end, your generous family member might want to consider getting Fort Wilderness cabins. They're comparable in price to some of the less-expensive deluxe rooms, but they sleep 6 (which depending on the number of people in the families, may wind up saving money, as I believe the Deluxe rooms only sleep 4 to 5). They also have full kitchens, so you can make some meals and save some scratch. Plenty of space for the kids to run around, right outside the door as opposed to a long walk and an elevator ride. Trail's End Buffet is one of the best meal deals on property. Pool is bland, but that might be the lone negative. You still get a ferry to the Magic Kingdom.

Those two would be my suggestions.

tigsmom

The Wilderness is our favorite and we have been staying there since our kids were little. The boat ride to the MK is a relaxing way to start (or end) the day and its also a quick ride over to Fort Wilderness and all the kid friendly things they have to offer. The pool at the WL is a favorite as is the Whispering Canyon Cafe. My kids loved the Polynesian (and the great pool) and the monorail is also a big plus when you have young kids. We stayed at the Contemporary (again - little kid & monorail access), but that was a long time ago.

Now that my kids are teens, they really loved the Boardwalk Inn for is proximity to Epcot (and the great pool). We visited the AKL this past trip and it seems like a great place to stay with kids, there is so much to see and do.

Truth is, I don't think you will be disappointed with any of the deluxe resorts. :wave:

LudwigVonDrake

The only deluxe I've stayed at, so far, is the Beach Club and I loved it. I am staying at the Polynesian in a couple of weeks and some day I want to stay at the Contemporary.

Nicole220

We stayed at the AKL this past November and loved it! It's a beautiful hotel with a lot to see and do. My family also loved the Boardwalk. We enjoyed walking on the Boardwalk and going to ESPN Zone. It is also very close to Epcot and MGM.

gotribe07

My favorite is the Boardwalk, followed closely by the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I like the Boardwalk/Beach Club/Yacht Club area because of the option of walking to Epcot and Disney Studios, and because it's fun to just be on the boardwalk and watch all the street entertainers and fun going on there. The Animal Kingdom lodge seems to have a lot of planned activities for kids. And it's really cool to be able to view the animals.

Agreed.

In my mind the most important aspect of where you stay is the location. Honestly, there is no better location than the Y&BC or Boardwalk simply because 2 of the 4 theme parks are within walking distance. Aside from that they both offer OUTSTANDING pool areas and the rooms are of the highest quality in WDW.

For the money you spend, each resort is worth every penny because of everything you get in return. At the Y&BC you basically get a water park on site of your hotel. Also, the transportant to and from the resort is better than any other resort i've stayed at. There really is no downside to either resort but my personal preference would be the Y&BC.

mnfootballmommy

We are going in Dec. and decided to stay at the Contemporary. Our DD will be nearly three and we wanted the convenience of the monorail PLUS being able to walk back if things got too ugly. We decided that we just weren't GF type of people and when it came down to Poly or Cont., it was the short walk that sealed it for us. Of course, we will be there in Dec., so we won't be making use of a lot of the extras--pools, beach, etc., so that didn't factor into our decision...

poohbear6103

Definitely the Polynesian. Kids will love it. It has a great pool with the volcano slide and you can see the fireworks and Electrical Water Pagaent at night from the beach. Also, lots of cute tikis around that kids will get a kick out of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom