Which building is Best at ASMu?

I_heart_Tigger

I'll be staying at ASMu in August with my sister and neice. We don't have a preferred room booked but I thought that there might be a certain building that is in a better location than others.

Our plan for the parks is to be there for park opening, come back to the hotel for lunch, a rest and a swim and head back out for the evening.

A building close to the food court and a pool would be best and we're not too concerned about noise, mainly location.

If anyone has suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

mwbrown

We stayed there in '03, and the best building in my opinion without a preferred location is the Jazz Inn. It is the closest building to the Main building and the guitar pool that isn't preferred, and we were on the back side of it so noise was minimal too.

It was probably less than a one minute walk to the pool or main hall. You could also walk to the quiet piano pool in about 3 minutes or so, but we only did that once.

The worst building would be the Country building, it is as far away as you can get.

Upvote 0

erstwo

I agree..... Jazz is the way to go!

BTW - I would not want to be in one of the preferred buildings, because the rooms that face the pool would have been LOUD. They have speakers playing music, movies, and CM yelling out directions for pool side games until at least 10 pm. They also start up around 8 am! :eek:

We stayed in Broadway, which meant we had to walk by Jazz to get to our room. It wasn't bad for us. We were closer to the quiet piano pool and the laundry facilities.

Upvote 0

worldfanatic

I love All Star Music. To me, its front to back layout is preferable to the sideways layout of Movies or Sports.( I probably didn't explain that right, but look at an overhead map, you'll see what I mean)
I stayed in the Rock section, but if I go back I'll request Jazz as others have reccomended. It's close to both pools and a short walk to the main building. With a little calmer atmosphere than Calypso.

Upvote 0

minniemomto3

I switched my ressie from ASMo to ASMu TODAY and was told that the Jazz building IS a preferred building! What other buildings are close to the food court and bus stops without being preferred. Also, is there a building that is fairly close to ASSp so that we could hop on the bus there?!:animwink:

Upvote 0

heliumalias

I believe any building close to the food court/bus stops is preferred.
I've stayed in Calypso when there were the mass Mexican tour groups staying at ASMu and it was fine. Noise wasn't really a problem because it had quietened down by the time we back from the parks at night.

Upvote 0

I_heart_Tigger

Original Poster
I switched my ressie from ASMo to ASMu TODAY and was told that the Jazz building IS a preferred building! What other buildings are close to the food court and bus stops without being preferred. Also, is there a building that is fairly close to ASSp so that we could hop on the bus there?!:animwink:

I just got off the phone with Disney to request the Jazz building. They told me that Calypso were the preferred buildings and that Jazz was not and they would do their best to accomodate my request but it is not gtd. So go ahead and request Jazz if you want to

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom