Which book about WDW would you buy before your trip?

Weather_Lady

I read the Unofficial Guide cover to cover 3 times before my first trip and I was fully prepared. I didn't miss a thing and I knew exactly what to expect.

Me, too. Now that I kind of know what I'm doing (thanks to the Unofficial Guide I bought 2 years ago), I subscribe to touringplans.com (using the discount I got from buying the Unofficial Guide) and use it to keep up with the changes that have taken place in the ensuing 2 years. Plus, I really, really enjoy making and tweaking our own personalized touring plans, all optimized for our upcoming travel dates, FP+ reservations and ADRs. All for $10 or less per year. As my Grandma would say, "you can't beat it with a stick."

Upvote 0

Figgy1

I am just curious, which one(s) would you get?
A most magical welcome! The Unofficial guide is money well spent for a first timer! My advice read it cover to cover and then read it again! Check out allears for all the menus and food prices and don't forget to make your ADRs 180 days out!

Upvote 0

Blueskyze

Another vote for the Unofficial Guide! I read it before my first trip, and I was extremely prepared. I also ended up subscribing to Touring Plans (and have continued to keep that subscription) - I love being able to quickly check crowd levels and get information when I'm considering dates for a trip.

Upvote 0

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
I found the Unofficial Guide to be too much like a Disney commercial. I prefer the Passporter. And I second the suggestion to review info you find here and on Allears dot net.

Upvote 0

Chris Bowman

I would recommend the Passporter. We have been getting these for the past several trips. They are great for researching and planning and once you are at WDW you can post notes about your trip, tips for next time, and there are pockets to store park maps, brochures, and small keep sakes.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Before buying one, go to your local library and see if they have a copy of the current one that you can check out and decide if you want to buy it.
Agreed! Our library has a bunch of WDW guidebooks, plus they will lend out Kindle books. That's how I got the UG this year.

Upvote 0

bethram

I've enjoyed sitting down and reading The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World and the Complete Idiot's Guide to WDW both from cover to cover. I don't think I could read UG like that, I use it as a reference book to look things up.

Upvote 0

steamboatjosh

I have Passporter's Walt Disney World and I absolutely love it. It's not only a book with great information in it, but it also has great check lists, work sheets, helps you through a lot of steps of planning/booking, and has organizer pockets in the back. I highly recommend getting one. It's amazing.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

A most
I would recommend the Passporter. We have been getting these for the past several trips. They are great for researching and planning and once you are at WDW you can post notes about your trip, tips for next time, and there are pockets to store park maps, brochures, and small keep sakes.
magical welcome!

Upvote 0

twinboyz98

We have purchased many books over the years. I am with a PP, I like to sit and read away from my computer sometimes. We get the Passporter every year, we use it as a reference and a journal while we are there. While I also agree that there is a wealth of information on internet as well. Good luck with whatever you decide!;)

Upvote 0

GrumpyFan

We've been so many times now, that we don't usually buy one. Personally, I just like to read them for their entertainment value. But, my wife really likes Passporter.
It's just the right size and has the right amount of information in a well-structured format. I like the Unofficial Guide, but it's just way to big to be a good planning tool.

Upvote 0

Spike-in-Berlin

Newest edition of the Unofficial Guide and the present Birnbaum Official Guide.If only one take the Unofficial Guide. If you are interested in Imagineering (Park design and history) I would also recommend all four Imagineer Guides for the four theme parks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom