Which attraction were you terrified of as a kid.

World_Showcase_Lover007

One time we went to the Odyessy Restaurant in the 80s...and I remember that I was so afraid that one day they would close down the restaurant and turn it into a preview center for a soulless, IP-filled, directionless park.

mololy

When I was 4 I was terrified by the Grim Grinning Ghost song due to a sing-a-long video I owned which featured that song with villains and these giant trees dancing around to the song, so when we went to the parks Haunted Mansion me scared quite a bit.

2 years later when we went when I was 6ish I decided to ride Alien Encounter to prove I was braver than my older brother and cousins. All I remember was shaking in my seat when they did the "selection" process or whatever it was at the beginning of the ride and the red light landed on me. Most of my fear was thinking that they were going to make me do something interactive or in front of everyone.

WDWFan2018

My brother's very first trip to WDW was when he was 3 years old (would have been in 1994). The first ride we went on was the Snow White's Scary Adventure ride. He got scared by the witch and wouldn't ride anything else for the rest of the day lol.

I was 6 and in kindergarten my first trip to WDW. We got on Star Tours and it was so realistic for me that i was convinced we had actually launched into space! I freaked out during the ride and probably ruined it for everyone else. After that, my mom said every ride afterward, I would ask her and my dad “is this ride going to scare me too?” I had a very active imagination. I don’t know if I remember it, or if I’ve just heard my mom retell it so many times that i have a forced memory of it. I was also terrified of the characters. I think i still had fun in spite of those things.

Epcot82Guy

Alien Encounter. By far.

Tower as well - but that's because I thought you actually just stood in an elevator like the marketing ads showed. :p:p:p

Bartledvd

Sadly never made it too Disney as a kid but the answer is the same now as it would have been then....Any drop ride like TOT I hate to feel.like I am falling but I still got on these rides when ever I am at a theme park just because it is important to face your fears and it has made for some great TOT photo pass pics/vids .

michmickey

100% Snow White's Scary Adventures! As a kid I had the biggest fear of the old hag and so seeing her in an animatronic scarred my young life. Also, I'm still scared of It's Tough to be a Bug which probably has to do with my fear of bugs. I always crouch on the ground when the bugs "run" on the seats and I was so scared when the spiders descend from the ceiling.

Simba’s Mom

Tower of Terror. On one of our first visits, in 1994, ToT had just opened. The elevator got all the way to the top, opened and closed the doors, then lowered a little, then stopped. After several seconds a voice came over the intercom and said the ride had malfunctioned and the elevator was very slowly lowered. Then everyone was brought through a side entrance (don't remember the exact route) and got to ride again. Although the second time was OK, we never trusted it after that and haven't ridden it since.

Rescue Ranger

The original alien encounter. I refused to go in so I told my parents to just go in and I waited outside. i wish now I had at least tried it but oh well.

Hcalvert

I was terrified of Space Mountain, but my dad made me ride it when I was about 10. It was my first-ever rollercoaster. I just remember psyching myself out because of the screaming I could hear around me while I waited in the line. I don't think I even had my eyes open at all during the whole ride.

Lilofan

Tough to be a bug at AK. Those critters crawling on your back during the show brings real screaming and crying among the little ones. 😭

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom