Pre-Trip Wherever I go, she goes

A little over a year ago I 3D printed a tiny companion whom I will call lil BES.

In a little over 6 months I plan to take that wonderful child to WDW.

The TR title is a slightly altered quote from The Mandalorian. As a Star Wars fan and new parent I have accumulated a ton of baby Yoda stuff. I would say that baby Yoda is the only character that lil BES recognizes (sorry Mickey).

AF898F57-662D-4342-AE3D-8348AF01CC28.jpeg

Although I am nowhere near as cool as Mando (or Armando as my autocorrect wants to call him) lil BES does share a lot of qualities with baby Yoda including:

Extreme cuteness

12BCB5E5-F9C5-4E35-A0F4-26DA2F2F085E.gif

Love of snacking

5769C03C-DCAD-49B8-B50C-8C6C4887EAE6.gif

Mischievousness

893991E0-8E36-4D69-9664-5FE68FAB6D3B.gif

Lil BES is definitely going to be the wildcard for this trip so I am starting this pre-TR on the early side.

If the first year of parenting taught me one thing it’s to ask for help so I will be soliciting some advice from you all as I add this new chaos factor into my planning.

All of the (tentative) details:

When: early February 2023

Where: AoA family suite

Who: Me, the ever reluctant DH, and last but not least, lil BES:

A1481763-695A-4BC8-B7EF-11D3715A6678.jpeg

(She’s the one on the right)

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Original Poster

Jimmy Fallon Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

In!! Which suites??
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Happy Pumped Up GIF by AT&T

In for the toddler fun!

dance baby GIF

Eddie Murphy GIF by Coming to America

Ohhhhh Yeah!!!

Except this part! ^ :(
Sorry! (But also not sorry) she just hasn’t had a lot of character exposure yet. But we likely have many years of that ahead.

And just remember, 5 against 1 and you might have a chance! 🤣

Calculating Figure It Out GIF

So far it’s only 2 vs 1 😂😬

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Redheads FTW. 🥰

🥰🥰 Although instead of tallying my drinks this trip I should keep track of the number of times people comment on her hair.

25EA1FC5-3A65-489C-B683-B163B19EF5C4.gif

I’m showing my age here but I was 100% singing ‘this in my head when I read the TR title:

Haha. Watching that clip I do remember hearing that song as a kid but I don’t think I ever had one or had a Kid Sister. Welcome

Season 3 My Edit GIF

I'm in! Can't wait to hear your plans!

Happy So Excited GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Your TR has inspired me to make sure to take some pictures in locations that will be easy to recreate later. 😉

567C3EE5-78B6-4949-AB7C-CE7C06619829.gif

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm here!!!!

Baby Animals Reaction GIF by Justin

I used to have a My Buddy that I loved!

Glad you liked your My Buddy. Looking at it as adult it seems kinda creepy. 😬

My husband still has his and gave it to our son who wants nothing to do with it, haha! So he's stored away. Still in great condition too!

Aww. Sometimes that how it goes. I’m trying to play the Star Wars stuff real cool so hopefully she’ll like it. 🤞

Following! Already love the cuteness!

Thank U Laughing GIF by Pusheen

Looking forward to the adventures of Lil Bes in WDW! :)

Schitts Creek Thank You GIF by CBC

Hopefully the first of many adventures.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
We all survived (and dare I say enjoyed) our mini trip.

Tooth #8 showed up during the trip. 😱 Despite our best efforts to time our drives during nap times lil BES only slept 30 minutes of each of the 2 hour drives.

Many signs on this trip though that she’ll be a good Disney’er though.

She loved just strolling around and looking at stuff and people.

Several times when chilling in our room she would point to room door and declare “buh bye!” And we’d have to stroll her around the hotel or the block.

We enjoyed being in a suite for this trip. Glad that confirms AoA will likely work well for us.

Lil BES really liked playing with the hotel room phone. Maybe too much. 😂

5C5CD3DB-6D56-40F2-9B54-57D0877BE036.jpeg

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
We are tentatively booked for Feb 5-11 so yay! (I haven’t booked flights yet so that may change slightly)
Aaaaaaand already a change.

C4EAC222-EADA-435E-A9F6-47E8C1A5C425.gif

I’ve been creeping on flights for a while and trying to speculate what flight times would be best for lil BES and more specifically the lil BES of February.

The prices for my original dates kept creeping up and then prices for the times of the day I was interested in jumped. A lot. Like $600 a ticket a lot.

1082C085-D8D0-4A15-A56A-CF7DE6177891.gif

I started to investigate different dates and found we could save $1100 by moving the trip 2 days earlier.

Ended up booking the flights and altering our hotel dates last night.

493BFC17-13CB-4C5D-A376-4E0C766B577B.gif

I hurriedly picked our flight seats for now knowing I could change them later.

Magicians who have flown with toddlers: where should we sit? Front or back?

youngdeb

Aaaaaaand already a change.

View attachment 663675

I’ve been creeping on flights for a while and trying to speculate what flight times would be best for lil BES and more specifically the lil BES of February.

The prices for my original dates kept creeping up and then prices for the times of the day I was interested in jumped. A lot. Like $600 a ticket a lot.

View attachment 663676

I started to investigate different dates and found we could save $1100 by moving the trip 2 days earlier.

Ended up booking the flights and altering our hotel dates last night.

View attachment 663678

I hurriedly picked our flight seats for now knowing I could change them later.

We usually had better luck near the back of the plane and selecting a window and an aisle seat and hoping no one tries to sit in between you. This obviously doesn't work if the plane is full. Having that extra seat/space for the toddler who doesn't get their own seat unless you buy one for them is gold.

MickeyCB

Was going to say anywhere that you have 3 seats!!!!

We usually had better luck near the back of the plane and selecting a window and an aisle seat and hoping no one tries to sit in between you. This obviously doesn't work if the plane is full. Having that extra seat/space for the toddler who doesn't get their own seat unless you buy one for them is gold.
If this is Southwest and you haven't purchased her a seat, anytime anyone is approaching your seats give her a gentle little pinch so she screams and they move along! 🤣
(Or at minimum a little sugar right before you board so she is jumping up and down in the middle seat)!
Probably could come up with a few other suggestions if needed!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom