where would YOU work?

Merlin

Account Suspended
castlecake2.0 said:
to each their own i guess..

you have more interation than say a cashier at a food kiosk, or say a person directing you to your row at splash mountain. Being able to do that spiel offers you a chance to add that extra touch to the ride and set the tone for what is to come, just IMHO.

:king:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that working at Haunted Mansion wouldn't be cool. But to describe it as an opportunity to have "a lot of time to interact with guests" just seemed strange. Can you explain what you mean because maybe there's something about that role that I don't understand. Especially since you say there's "more interaction than a cashier at a food kiosk". I disagree completely with that. I'm not saying food cashier is a better job than Haunted Mansion. But how can you say HM would have "more interaction"? That just doesn't make sense. Unless we have different definitions of what the word "interaction" means.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
I guess I just have more memories of interacting with CM at the HM than at other attractions. ANd my experience at my job, when I was a cashier yes you make the most contact with customers because hey all have to go through you to get out of the store, but its nothing special, they all get the standard 'how was your day?...swipe your card here....have a good day...' HOwever when you are oun on the retail floor you have more one on one interaction with people. I know there are many other attractions where you would get more of that, probably representing a country at Epcot or at an exhibit at Innoventions. It was just I remember the CM at HM seem to have a greater effect on the experience of the attraction than at aother attractions in the park

Merlin

Account Suspended
castlecake2.0 said:
I guess I just have more memories of interacting with CM at the HM than at other attractions. ANd my experience at my job, when I was a cashier yes you make the most contact with customers because hey all have to go through you to get out of the store, but its nothing special, they all get the standard 'how was your day?...swipe your card here....have a good day...' HOwever when you are oun on the retail floor you have more one on one interaction with people. I know there are many other attractions where you would get more of that, probably representing a country at Epcot or at an exhibit at Innoventions. It was just I remember the CM at HM seem to have a greater effect on the experience of the attraction than at aother attractions in the park

That's great that you have fond memories of the CMs at Haunted Mansion. But maybe I'm not phrasing my question correctly. I'm curious as to how you define that job as having "a lot of interaction". You keep stating there's a lot of interaction, but I guess maybe what I was asking for were some examples because I just don't personally see it. I would consider a street sweeper in the parks to have WAY more interaction with guests for example. They're answering questions, directing guests to various park locations, stopping to take pictures for guests, greeting guests, etc. A HM Cast Member, by contrast, is telling large groups of people to step into the "dead center of the room" and to watch their step while exiting (over and over and over and over and.....all day long). Am I missing something?

WDWKat26

Hehe I already have the job i've wanted for the longest time at Disney, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love making kids and parents smile :)

stitch001

I would love to be Dale, but Im a little too tall. But I would want to be one of the charactors and get to play all day. and If I couldn't be one, then I would want to work as part of the stage crew for Fantazmic, and run the lights or special effects.

wdwforus

Mickey Mouse! But if I couldnt be Mickey then maybe Pluto or Goofy. POTC would also be a good one for me. Probably any job where I could be out in the MK seeing the people and interacting, not a gift shop or resturaunt, I dont think I could do that. Heck come the middle of this winter I would probably take anything just to get away from the cold weather.

Indy95

The best attraction for me would have to be Space Mountain. I don't know why, there's just something about that places that makes we REALLY want to work there.

I'm also the kind of guy who would love working on the Jungle Cruise and the Great Movie Ride. My friends just say, "wouldn't that be a lot of work?" If entertaining guests with witty spiels is work, then sign me up!

And maybe Ice Station Cool. You'd never go thirsty. :animwink:

Merlin

Account Suspended
Indy95 said:
The best attraction for me would have to be Space Mountain. I don't know why, there's just something about that places that makes we REALLY want to work there.

My only word of caution: For some reason, Space Mountain CMs often seem really cranky. It must be a really stressful job.

cm1988

The HM Cast move from place to place throughout the attraction; sometimes at the queue, sometimes at load or unload.

In any role, you have to make your own opportunities for interaction. Doing so appropriately is an art; saying the right thing to the right Guest.

goofyfan13

I would have to say M:S and ToT. I love the uniforms for M:S, and I love the ride, while I would love to be a CM on ToT, I just think that being able to try and creep people out and things along those lines would be extrememly fun.

Scooter

I would like to be the Castmember who helps the wet people off the rafts
at Kali River Rapids in Disney's Animal Kingdom.

:cool: :p :lol: :D

waltdisny

Easy choice, I be an engineer on the WDW.R.R. I'd work that whistle like Casey Jones.:D

Second choice: The monorail of course. Monorails don't have whistles though, just air-horns.;)

Third Choice: The Haunted Mansion. I've always had a theatrical side, and this is one place you can use it. I'd bring back the old humor that seems to have faded recently.

waltdisny

goofyfan13 said:
I would have to say M:S and ToT. I love the uniforms for M:S, and I love the ride, while I would love to be a CM on ToT, I just think that being able to try and creep people out and things along those lines would be extrememly fun.

No offense, but cleaning out the cabs would get old real quick. I once had a job that had a lot of motion sickness involved, and it was no fun.:hurl: :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom