Where will you travel this summer?

Songbird76

We're not doing a big vacation this year as we did a 5 week trip last Summer with a couple of weeks at Disney and the rest visiting family and friends in Wyoming and surrounding area. But we are doing days out this Summer...probably to the zoo since we have a membership, and I got discount tickets to the Dolphinarium so we'll go there...We're doing a weekend in Dublin in September and doing Disneyland Paris for the kids' fall break in October.

Songbird76

We are tentatively planning to visit my MIL et al. in the UK in July. If that can't happen, we're going to WDW. We'll probably end up in Cape May for a few day trips and I'd like to check out the new Museum of the American Revolution in Philly.
Oh how neat!! I'd love to go to the American Revolution thing!! My G-G-G-G Grandfather was in the militia and was captured by the British and held in NY in the Sugar House for a couple of months. Have fun if you go there!!

21stamps

This one is not a big fan of the snow, but fortunately it does not snow here very often.

View attachment 212548

Oh my goodness that photo is so adorable!!

Here's my dog the first time I set him in snow-
He froze. Literally didn't move.lol He does have a lot of sweaters, coats, and a scarf now.
IMG_1683.JPG

Here he is in the Florida Keys- he hates water even more than he hates snow.

IMG_1682.JPG

Here is us at a local county park in Ohio.,he does enjoy that..
IMG_1684.JPG

But he is definitely an indoor dog for the most part. We had a wonderful dog park in Boca Raton, but the weight restrictions at dog parks where we live now are not as strict, so we don't frequent them.
IMG_2441.JPG IMG_1685.JPG

epcotisbest

Back on topic @SteveBrickNJ my wife is going to a south Florida beach for a girl's trip in mid-August. She enjoys the summer heat and sand much more than I do. They mostly hang out on the beach in the mornings, close to the pool in the afternoon, then go out to eat in the evenings. Anywhere from two to six friends staying in a condo.

epcotisbest

Oh my goodness that photo is so adorable!!

Here's my dog the first time I set him in snow-
He froze. Literally didn't move.lol He does have a lot of sweaters, coats, and a scarf now.
View attachment 212551

Here he is in the Florida Keys- he hates water even more than he hates snow.

View attachment 212552

Here is us at a local county park in Ohio.,he does enjoy that..
View attachment 212553

But he is definitely an indoor dog for the most part. We had a wonderful dog park in Boca Raton, but the weight restrictions at dog parks where we live now are not as strict, so we don't frequent them.
View attachment 212554 View attachment 212555

What a cutie! Our male is older than the female. Both are adopted rescues. We have had the male about four years now, the female close to two. Both were puppies when we got them, one from a shelter in Florida, the female from an elderly couple who got her from a breeder and they did not realize how demanding caring for a energetic puppy is.
The male, the first time he walked in snow jumped right in it in the driveway off of the dry carport. He landed on all fours, stopped immediately then jumped straight up, turned midair and landed back on the carport. We laughed so hard.
He slowly got used to it but does not like walking in snow or rain. The female just trudges right along, regardless of the weather.

Last edited:

Sans Souci

@SansSouci or @Sans Souci...I live 1 hour 50 minutes north of Cape May. Have you been there before?
UK has had two incidents that made the news recently.
Any concerns about your potential travel to UK?

I am sorry for the late response. I only saw this now.

I just went to Cape May last SundayI My mother and grandmother were in from Chicago, so we went there for the day. I am new to this part of the world. We moved to NJ for my husband's job last August.

I am not too concerned about visiting the UK. My in laws live in a rural area far away from London.

Sans Souci

Oh how neat!! I'd love to go to the American Revolution thing!! My G-G-G-G Grandfather was in the militia and was captured by the British and held in NY in the Sugar House for a couple of months. Have fun if you go there!!

That's pretty cool that your family goes back so far here. Mine doesn't. LOL

I am thinking of going for the 4th, but I am thinking Philly on the 4th is a mad house.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
I am sorry for the late response. I only saw this now.

I just went to Cape May last SundayI My mother and grandmother were in from Chicago, so we went there for the day. I am new to this part of the world. We moved to NJ for my husband's job last August.

I am not too concerned about visiting the UK. My in laws live in a rural area far away from London.
glad to have you as my NJ "neighbor"
;)

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Steve here.....reporting in from sunny/hot Arizona
August 23rd we were in Phoenix and saw the Musical Instrument Museum.
They give you this headset system and you walk up to one of million TV screens and they come to life....playing the music and terrific stereo as you watch the videos and view the real instrs. that are displayed there.
Aug. 24th we were in Flagstaff AZ. We wnt to "Arizona Snowbowl Scenic Chairlift". Yes....in the winter it is for ski enthusiasts....but in the summer it is for tourists like my family.
We went up a mountain and got off the lift at 11,500ft.
WWWWWooooooowwww!
What a view!
.......to be cont........

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
....cont. of previous post.
Aug. 25th we went to the Grand Canyon.
We stayed in the Grand Canyon Village at the south rim....2 nights: 8/25 and 8/26
You are all familiar with the Grand Canyon so I'll not post much.
.....but I will share that my wife, teen and I hiked down "Bright Angel Trail"....down below the rim....down for an hour....going uphill it took 1 hr 30 minutes to get back up to the top.
....to be cont.....

21stamps

cont. of previous 2 posts.....if you have Grd. C. questions feel free to ask....but now I'll bring you up to where I am today:
PAGE, AZ
We went onto Navajo Tribal Land and saw:
"Lower Antelope Canyon"

www.lowerantelope.com
The .com link has some beautiful photos if you are willing to click it and let it load.

Beautiful!!! I have not spent much time exploring that part of the country, and my child has never been to the Grand Canyon. It's on the list!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
....cont. of previous post.
Aug. 25th we went to the Grand Canyon.
We stayed in the Grand Canyon Village at the south rim....2 nights: 8/25 and 8/26
You are all familiar with the Grand Canyon so I'll not post much.
.....but I will share that my wife, teen and I hiked down "Bright Angel Trail"....down below the rim....down for an hour....going uphill it took 1 hr 30 minutes to get back up to the top.
....to be cont.....

That must have been really exciting to hike there. I once had a scenic air tour (in a small aircraft) of a section of the Grand Canyon (this was probably 25 years ago). It was thrilling to see how expansive the canyon was. There were about 8 people on the plane, and the pilot landed somewhere out in the canyon. We were met by some members of the Hualapai tribe. We had lunch with them, and then we flew back to Las Vegas. (This was a package deal with the scenic flight and lunch.) It was very memorable, and I'm glad I was able to do that. Also glad to hear that you and you family also experienced the Grand Canyon, even if you saw a different part of it than I did.

Songbird76

That's pretty cool that your family goes back so far here. Mine doesn't. LOL

I am thinking of going for the 4th, but I am thinking Philly on the 4th is a mad house.
Only my dad's side goes back that far. My mom's side is thoroughly German and came to America in the 1800s. I want to say around the 1860s or 1870s. Funny story, I don't know if it's true, but apparently my great grandparents or maybe great great grandparents came over on the same ship, but didn't meet until their families both settled in the same area in Illinois. Would be kind of neat if it's true.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Our one week Arizona vacation is over. :( I'm back in my NJ home doing a ton :eek:of laundry. My wife is back at work and I return to my teaching job on Sept. 1st :joyfull::).....TWO MORE DAYS and it's SEPTEMBER!!!! Are you ready for some NFL Football :cool:that counts for real???
Anyway, Monday we took a jeep tour in Sedona AZ. I'll attempt to post a youtube video of the company we used.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom