Where to Eat?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Agree with the Palm, even if it is a little expensive for what it is. Mythos too justifiably receives all those rewards. However in park dining at Universal is only marginally better than DHS. Id rather eat in City Walk at the HRC, Margaritaville, Pastamore, Bubba Gumps or the Chinese counter service place.

BJCool232

Mama Della's Ristorante at the Portofino Bay Hotel is a great option if your in the mood for classic Italian food done right. The strolling musicians add to the already amazing atmosphere. Ask to sit outside for incredible views of the waterfront.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I will say avoid the meal deal thing. The restaurants on that plan suck. I've really been screwing up. I had no idea that Mythos prices were so reasonable.

BigThunderMatt

Another vote for Mythos. Three Broomsticks is good as well. Honestly, one of my favorite places is actually Blondie's in Toon Lagoon. I LOVE the Dagwood sandwich there. Also, for quick service I actually really enjoy Thunder Falls Terrace in Jurassic Park. The menu is somewhat similar to Three Broomsticks but the view of Jurassic Park River Adventure is great!

BryceM

I vote for Mythos. If you can't eat there, then I would suggest Confisco Grille or The Three Broomsticks for the atmosphere. I can't eat there though since everything is meat... :(

On my last trip, we ate in CityWalk at Margaritaville and it was very good, had a fun atmosphere and a great view of the entrance to Islands of Adventure.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Mythos (again)

Usually we can book on the day (September-October) walking past first thing as we head to Potter. Advance may be needed mid summer. Best not to risk it, nor go for a walk In with an hours plus wait.

danpam1024

The Palm at Hard Rock has amazing steaks! We also like Latin Quarter (City Walk), Finnigan's (Studios), and The Backwater Bar (connected to Confisco's-IOA) Now I'm hungry :D

danpam1024

In USF,Louie's has some good Italian, though I always get the pizza. ;)

In IOA I would recommend Mythos,Three Broomsticks, and Confisco's (So many good options!)

Avoid Mel's and Monsters cafe though...Just trust me on that one...
Walk thru Monster's cafe though- the memorabilia is cool - the food is gross though!

FLYbyNITE

What we like to do is; have Lunch in the parks and Dinner either in City Walk or one of the Hotels after the parks close. In IOA, Mythos is far and away the best (like so many others mentioned) but the Confisco grill is also very good. In US our fav is Lombards Seafood Grill (by far the best in that park).
For Dinner, Emerils Tchoup Chop (in the Royal Pacific) is by far the best overall retaurant (in our opinion) and much cheaper than Emerils in CW. Bice in the Portofino is really good but really expensive. Margaritaville is a great deal (Very Good Food,inexpensive, fun atmosphere),Latin Quater isn't to bad (a must if you love Guacamole). We avoid the Bubba Gump shrimp factory (great Movie, lousy Restaurant)

FLYbyNITE

Also check out the Dinning section of their (Universal Orlando) website, which now offers full menus for almost all their restaurants. This feature wasn't available until about a year ago.

FLYbyNITE

Anyone know if there is a menu online for Three Broomsticks? I couldn't find one on the Uni website.

The Three Broomsticks is more a cafeterria style restaurant than sit down type of place. There Menu is very limited. Go to the Universal Orlando web page, click Dinning, and than click the Three Broomsticks picture. It gives their menu in the restaurant description. I had breakfast there last year and was not impressed at all!:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom