Where to eat after a day @ AK

Tricia732

Original Poster
I'm looking for recommendations on where to eat after a day @AK. We are all adults, BTW. It was suggested to that we go over to AKL rather than eat at one of the restaurants in the park. Right now, I'm leaning toward Boma - Flavors of Africa or Sanaa. We are on the DDP and Jiko - the Cooking Place requires 2 credits,and since we are using 2 credits elsewhere, I would prefer not to do that unless there is a compelling reason for doing so. I am interested in the quality of the food, but also the atmosphere, i.e. a view of the animals on the savannah. i welcome any input. Thank you. :happy:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'm looking for recommendations on where to eat after a day @AK. We are all adults, BTW. It was suggested to that we go over to AKL rather than eat at one of the restaurants in the park. Right now, I'm leaning toward Boma - Flavors of Africa or Sanaa. We are on the DDP and Jiko - the Cooking Place requires 2 credits,and since we are using 2 credits elsewhere, I would prefer not to do that unless there is a compelling reason for doing so. I am interested in the quality of the food, but also the atmosphere, i.e. a view of the animals on the savannah. i welcome any input. Thank you. :happy:

Boma! You wont have time nor interest to animal watch if you are there.

Sweet Melissa

If I may ask, what is the other meal you're using two credits for? Jiko is one of the best signature restaurants on property, and might be worth your credits (or paying out of pocket). Sanaa is an excellent meal too, though. I try to make time for both on every trip.

ETA: If you're not staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and are coming straight from the park, then Sanaa might be the way to go. You might feel more comfortable there in park clothes if you don't have a chance to clean up for Jiko.

Courtney6682

I've only been to Boma so maybe my opinion doesn't count, but we ate there for the first time ever this past July and it was soooooo good! It became a new favorite that we will def return to!

Disney4family

We showed up early from AK for our dinner at Boma. We had one of the first seatings. The CMs were wonderful. One of them showed us all around the grounds outside. She wanted to give us something to do before the tour began! They offer a free "tasting" tour of Boma and Jiko before the restaurants open. She explained not only the décor of the restaurants, but also the foods prepared. We were able to taste so many different things from both restaurants, I barely had room for dinner! Recipes for what we tasted were also provided. It was a wonderful "appetizer" to a nice meal.

dumboflyer

Our family absolutely loves all three. I guess I'd use the content of the three as a tiebreaker. Do you typically like upscale cuisine? Jiko does a fantastic job with that. A wide selection? Boma, easy. Something in the middle? Sanaa.

I know some people are sensitive to the spices in Indian and African food. If that's you, I'd definitely avoid Sanaa and probably Jiko. Boma has those spices but there are many other options too.

yedliW

Boma! You wont have time nor interest to animal watch if you are there.

but you can go out before or after you eat.

Boma is really good. Though i prefer breakfast over dinner.

Boma for dinner might not be the best for the non-adventurous eaters.. There are options, but they are limited so they can have buffet space for the more unique offerings. We will be trying it for breakfast next month.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
If you like chick peas or chick pea paste (hummas) then Saana or Jiko could be good for you, lots of it in their dishes.

officialtom

Go to Boma. It is our absolute favourite restaurant on property (and anywhere, really). We go there every trip because there is such a broad selection of food and desserts. The curry pasta salad is one of the best taste sensations I've ever experienced. This year, we're going for the breakfast buffet for the first time and I absolutely cannot wait.

CaptainAmerica

Another vote for Boma. One downside of dinner after Animal Kingdom is that, once the park closes, you need to take the AKL bus to a further-away park to transfer to your final destination (presumably your resort).

disney4life2008

but you can go out before or after you eat.

Boma for dinner might not be the best for the non-adventurous eaters.. There are options, but they are limited so they can have buffet space for the more unique offerings. We will be trying it for breakfast next month.

I went in 2009 - the dinner menu was very adventurous but they did have some regular dishes that mixed really well. The current menu is a little too outside my zone but its an experience that should be tried. Boma has the pleasure of atmosphere it is absolutely amazing. Years ago everyone on here talked about Zebra Domes (as of late I have not heard anyone mention them). Once I tried it I wasnt a big a fan - tasty but never saw the harray over it. Breakfast everyone raves about the juice. Same thing, I did not leave wow from the juice albiet really good.

CaptainAmerica

I have eaten at all 3 many times, but I think Sanaa is the best combination of reasonable prices, food quality and great service.
For dinner, I actually end up paying almost as much at Sanaa as I do at Boma. Once you include beverage, desert, and bread service or soup/appetizer, it's very close. For that reason, I usually opt for Sanaa at lunch time and Boma for dinner.

Breakfast everyone raves about the juice. Same thing, I did not leave wow from the juice albiet really good.
You can get that juice at dinner, too. You can also get it in any supermarket in Hawaii.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pog_(drink)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom