Where to eat after a day @ AK

CheshireCat12

If you like Indian spices, go with Sanaa. If you like a buffet with a delicious smell from the bbq and lots of interesting salads/sides, go with Boma. I love them both! You really can't go wrong. If your party is picky I would do Boma, lots more variety. if you go to Sanaa get the bread service- the dips/chutneys are delicious!

rucifee

I'm looking for recommendations on where to eat after a day @AK. We are all adults, BTW. It was suggested to that we go over to AKL rather than eat at one of the restaurants in the park. Right now, I'm leaning toward Boma - Flavors of Africa or Sanaa. We are on the DDP and Jiko - the Cooking Place requires 2 credits,and since we are using 2 credits elsewhere, I would prefer not to do that unless there is a compelling reason for doing so. I am interested in the quality of the food, but also the atmosphere, i.e. a view of the animals on the savannah. i welcome any input. Thank you. :happy:

Boma and Sanaa are among the best restaurants on property, Sanaa has a view of the Savannah as well. If you like African style food you won't go wrong at either restaurant.

Bairstow

Sanaa is nice for lunch, but Boma is my favorite restaurant on property.
Their soups alone make it worth the price, and after your meal you can wander the pathways around the pool and get better animal viewing than you'll get at Sanaa anyway.

ABQ

I've done Jiko after the AK every year for the past 10 and only one time did I not find it the best dinner on property, I blame the infamous "Dave" the waiter. Though it wasn't him, it was new management who since got their act together, about 3 years ago.

DisneyFans4Life

Just going to throw this out there that there are other restaurants on property that could be tried as well. I know it was recommended to swing by AKL after you leave AK, but if you're leaving the park, you have the flexibility to go anywhere you want. If you're going to AKL, I can cast my vote for Boma; I've only had it for breakfast, but I'd imagine that dinner is just as good.

Outside of AKL, you could do O'Hana at the Poly. Great food (family style) and a fun resort to walk around at. Plus, after dinner you can go down to the beach and watch the MK fireworks.

Communicore

Sanaa is nice for lunch, but Boma is my favorite restaurant on property.
Their soups alone make it worth the price, and after your meal you can wander the pathways around the pool and get better animal viewing than you'll get at Sanaa anyway.

Man, I am now jonesin' for those soups.

disney4life2008

Just going to throw this out there that there are other restaurants on property that could be tried as well. I know it was recommended to swing by AKL after you leave AK, but if you're leaving the park, you have the flexibility to go anywhere you want. If you're going to AKL, I can cast my vote for Boma; I've only had it for breakfast, but I'd imagine that dinner is just as good.

Outside of AKL, you could do O'Hana at the Poly. Great food (family style) and a fun resort to walk around at. Plus, after dinner you can go down to the beach and watch the MK fireworks.

Ohana is the worst lol. Its so gooood that all I can do is go back to my room and go to sleep. The only thing with Ohana is you want to go there on a near empty stomach.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom