where should I stay off base...

bjlc57

Original Poster
Well we are going in March..and I still dont have a place to stay off base..
I have stayed at the Seralago when it was the Holiday inn.. and now, it seems that it is slipping..

I am very concerned where to stay.. I am willing to pay a decent price for a hotel.. but I want a decent hotel, and safety.. which 20 years ago, was never a major problem..

I am keeping an open mind.. but the "low end" on base facilities don't sound good..

and the mid priced hotels are a lot more then off base.. so.. I am open to suggestions..

I have looked at the Country INN and Suites.. as I have stayed with them before..

one sounds good and the other, maybe not..

opinions, personal experiences.., truths, helpful tips..
thanks for your time..

Matt and Kelly

I stayed at the Swan hotel in December...I loved it. The price was very reasonable and you still get all the Disney perks (EMH, Disny transportation) that you would at Disney owned hotels. Plus the location is terrific being right on the Boardwalk.

GOT2SAMMIES

Go to downtowndisneyhotels.com. They are all the hotels near DTD on Hotel Plaza Blvd. Most are walking distance from DTD and they have their own bus transportation.. Prices are reasonable and it's not far from the parks.:shrug:

mousebymarriage

we have stayed at Buena Vista Suites. Nice clean rooms (good size) with a fridge, microwave and coffe pot in each room. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. The room was approx. $89 per night and it included a FREE hot breakfast buffet each morning. The food at the buffet was hot and very good, some of the offerings were scrambled eggs, pancakes, waffles, sausage, bacon, home fries, biscuits, grits, oatmeal, cold cereal, bagels, coffe, tea, fresh o.j., milk & chocolate milk. The restaurant was clean and the food was replenished often.

bjlc57

Original Poster
all booked up

I called there today, and was told it was completely booked for my time..

SAV

We stay at the Courtyard by Marriott at Vista Place. They participate in the Entertainment book so you get 50% off of the rates, so I get a room for $60 per night and since I am a Marriott member I usually get a free upgrade to a 1 br suite.

rwdavis2

Look at some of the companies that rent houses/townhomes in, I believe, Windsor Hills. We used All Start Vacation Homes. Very good rates and you have a kitchen/laundry/more space. The houses are about 10 minutes off property, so you'll need a car.
BD

klineski96

Stay at the Radisson in Celebration... my wife and I have stayed there at least a dozen times over the last 3 or 4 years and we've never had a problem with anything.

It's close to WDW, it's always clean, it's always quiet, the beds are very comfortable and the overall feel is safe and relaxing.

Stay there... trust me.

MKCP 1985

These are very reasonably priced, share a common swimming pool and are a great place to stay:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mcofw-fairfield-inn-and-suites-orlando-at-seaworld®/

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mcoss-springhill-suites-orlando-at-seaworld®/

I seem to recall they had a free shuttle to Disney parks and Sea World (in fact, you could walk to Sea World from these hotels), but would charge a small fee for transport to Universal Studios.

There is a TGI Friday's within walking distance, just across the parking lot.

MickeyTheMouse

My family and I always stay at the Comfort Suites Maingate East. It's a nice hotel, has a pool and "kiddy" pool area as well as complimentary breakfast and it is right across from an area where restaurants and gift shops are packed together. Also, it is located just behind the Orlando Fun Stop area, which is a very, very small amusement park with maybe 5 rides.

Disneybub

We've always stayed off site and for the last 15 years we have stayed at the same 2 hotels.

However i found myself wanting to try something new, we booked the Doubletree Resort Orlando and found it a hidden gem!

It was absolutely brilliant, they had lovely facilities and beautiful grounds, and it wasn't too expensive, but we did book it as a package so im not sure what it would be to book separately, just take a look, i highly recommend it.

we've even booked to back again in Septemeber.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom