Where is Walt's plane? UPDATE - Coming to D23 2022

GimpYancIent

This is good news.

But there’s a small part of me that says this is DI$ “bringing up the name of the dead guy to try and score points with people we’ve seriously ****ed off in recent years”. Yes, they’ve pushed me to be that jaded.
This is good news.

But there’s a small part of me that says this is DI$ “bringing up the name of the dead guy to try and score points with people we’ve seriously ****ed off in recent years”. Yes, they’ve pushed me to be that jaded.
This is an excellent opportunity to work on image. Stop the deterioration, start repairs on damage and present projected improvements. I just hope the marketing department makes the most of this opportunity and does not fumble the ball again.

montyz81

Original Poster
A bit of me is sad that the plane is going to California. Its importance in the Disney company's history is mostly on the east coast. 1964 Worlds Fair and obviously The Florida Project. Once it gets to California, I do not see it coming back.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is good news.

…the thought occurred
This is an excellent opportunity to work on image. Stop the deterioration, start repairs on damage and present projected improvements. I just hope the marketing department makes the most of this opportunity and does not fumble the ball again.
It’s gonna take more than that…the year is young

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Not holding my breath, since improving their image would need to start at the top and would involve a lot of loyal lieutenants being culled.

TikibirdLand

A bit of me is sad that the plane is going to California. Its importance in the Disney company's history is mostly on the east coast. 1964 Worlds Fair and obviously The Florida Project. Once it gets to California, I do not see it coming back.
That part really baffles... Why take it to Ca when you're moving Imagineering to Fla? Seems like Lake Nona would be a perfect home for this. Where would you put it in Glendale? Sounds like it will be dismantled at the end of D23 and put into storage somewhere. If you want to see a historic airplane, you'll have to travel to Graceland and see the Lisa Marie.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That part really baffles... Why take it to Ca when you're moving Imagineering to Fla? Seems like Lake Nona would be a perfect home for this. Where would you put it in Glendale? Sounds like it will be dismantled at the end of D23 and put into storage somewhere. If you want to see a historic airplane, you'll have to travel to Graceland and see the Lisa Marie.
…you’ve officially crossed into “overthink” zone

trainplane3

Archives will still be located in CA for the future. They also took Dreamfinders machine out there too to finally overhaul and rebuild it. I do hope both will reappear in WDW again.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I feel honored. Thank you!
This plane is one of the few things Walt actually touched that's in Florida. Guess I'll have to lean into the CoP more. Wish they'd get that thing working properly!
I think the lake Nona thing is an elaborate misdirection…to gut the creative departments and announce to Wall Street that TWDC won’t be engaging in such “unnecessary expenses” anymore…while also getting away from the press in California…but that’s just a flyer at this point

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That plane belongs in FL. Walt did NOT fly it to Disneyland.
I’m pretty sure Walt Didn’t fly it at all…he chain smoked in the back…

or it woulda ended this way:

1642113714670.gif

Last edited:

jpinkc

I actually had pictures of the plane from the backlot tour I will have to ask my mom if she still has them. I am actually surprised to see them even mess with it. I doubt they would have replaced the interior. I would love to see it return to WDW. If they really want to impress Fly it back and land on World Drive again!!! 😍 Return it home to WDW and PLEASE Give it a proper place for Walts Fans to see it. You notice I said WALTS FANS not TWDC fans...........

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom