Where is the underground entrance for cast members in MK?

TheDisneyGirl02

Originally posted by xfkirsten
LOL! I actually got yelled at once for using that entrance to get into/out of the park... the problem is, the CP buses didn't go to the front of the park, and there was no way to walk there! Not really much choice. :p

-Kirsten

I know! I used to hate that! Whenever I would play at Epcot, CPs were forced to get the bus backstage! Wonder if they could change that for future CPs...save them the trouble of being yelled at for something they can't help!

TheDisneyGirl02

:brick:

sissa216

I never had a problem with backstage Epcot. In fact, I always used to drive there and use the backstage entrance (I think I took the bus like 3 times). My first backstage experience before my orientation was at Epcot- one of the few times I did take the bus, I had no idea to get onstage and felt too stupid to ask. Then I opened a random door and its like BAM!! you're in Mexico lol.

The only place that ever gave a problem was MGM- my friends simply needed to go use the Vista atm backstage and they gave them a problem about it (not like its any big inconvenience to simply walk from the CM parking lot to the maingate anyways at MGM)

Atta83

The only place I got yelled at was at MGM for going backstage. Like we were supposed to know!! I have never gotten yelled at by the EC people. I guess since my first few months I was stuck there working so much. Then my last trip the one security guard actually asked me where i had been cause he had not seen me since july/august. They are not that bad at EC.

se8472

Originally posted by sissa216
I never had a problem with backstage Epcot. In fact, I always used to drive there and use the backstage entrance (I think I took the bus like 3 times). My first backstage experience before my orientation was at Epcot- one of the few times I did take the bus, I had no idea to get onstage and felt too stupid to ask. Then I opened a random door and its like BAM!! you're in Mexico lol.

The only place that ever gave a problem was MGM- my friends simply needed to go use the Vista atm backstage and they gave them a problem about it (not like its any big inconvenience to simply walk from the CM parking lot to the maingate anyways at MGM)

yeah that lady was so not cool man. I am glade MK is cool about being backstage...

bartman454

My experience backstage as a cm usually depended on the park. Epcot security was pretty lax, Magic Kingdom and MGM were usually pretty tight, Magic Kingdom is finally updating so CM's can get 5 costumes out at one time at all the theme parks.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
oh god.. that lady in MGM is a friggin Nazi.

She actually wouldn't let me in to work one day because I had the wrong color shoes on... she thought I was coming in on my day off. I had to have my management call and verify I was working that day.

mkt

Premium Member
It smells bad in the tunnels.

Really bad.

Kinda like that mixture of aromans when you're in a tall apartment building and you have all the smells of people cooking different things... plus poo

Atta83

Originally posted by mkt

Really bad.

Kinda like that mixture of aromans when you're in a tall apartment building and you have all the smells of people cooking different things... plus poo

Yes yes that is so true. There is one spot over by tomorrowland that is just nasty. And then when you go to the liberty tree :hurl: YUCK.. There is one spot I slipped and fell really bad last year was right outside where you would go to pirates, they have it really greasy there or something and its not fun, plus it was raining I went running it was nasty!!!!Yeah its not all magical backstage...

TheDisneyGirl02

I remember the lovely smell from the trash by the turn to go to Adventureland. I will never forget that smell...I always knew to turn there! :lol:

TheDisneyGirl02

Wilt Dasney

Originally posted by mkt
oh god.. that lady in MGM is a friggin Nazi.

I can't remember her name, but I know we must be thinking about the same woman. I had to go through that checkpoint twice every day, and, man, she could be a pill. And forget trying to get through there on your day off.

sissa216

Yeah, and you always have to watch out where you're walking in the tunnels...those little random piles of I don't even wanna know what they were...ewww.
My favorite is security at MK/ West clock. They are so nice!! And since they didn't have castzooming finished yet, they would never know if you were going in on your day off or for work (since for me I pretty much lived there). It's so nice to have to avoid the congestion at the main gate!

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by Wilt Dasney
I can't remember her name, but I know we must be thinking about the same woman. I had to go through that checkpoint twice every day, and, man, she could be a pill. And forget trying to get through there on your day off.

about 5'8, full figured, long very light blonde hair, glasses...

Wilt Dasney

Originally posted by mkt
about 5'8, full figured, long very light blonde hair, glasses...

*nods*

My friend just reminded me of her name, but I don't know if I should post it here. Starts with a "B." I'm sure it's the same woman. She has quite a rep at that park.

lolokittie

Yeah that security guard at MGM always found a reason to stop and check my bag when I was trying to go home, and I was in costume. I always tried to run out of there as fast as I could.

xfkirsten

Originally posted by mkt

Really bad.

Yes indeed!!! Walking in the tunnel between Crystal Palace and Adventureland smells like a rotten egg salad sandwich fart.

And yes, the area across from Pirates is VERY slippery. They always dump the grease there at night. When I worked Pirates merch we always had to be so careful... and even sometimes when we were, we nearly ended up flat on our backs.

-Kirsten

Wilt Dasney

Yes indeed!!! Walking in the tunnel between Crystal Palace and Adventureland smells like a rotten egg salad sandwich fart.

*gives Kirsten today's 'Most Vivid Description We Could Have All Done Without' Award*

:hurl: :lol:

Atta83

Ya know I was looking for some way to desciribe it LOL

TheDisneyGirl02

And yes, the area across from Pirates is VERY slippery. They always dump the grease there at night. When I worked Pirates merch we always had to be so careful... and even sometimes when we were, we nearly ended up flat on our backs.

-Kirsten

Very nice description...to say the least...I bet the people on this board are just dying to go down to the tunnel now! :lol: :lol: :lol:

TheDisneyGirl02

se8472

man I don't see how...that place is just :hurl:

take it fromt eh CM, you don't want to "find" your way down there!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom