Where in WDW is your “happy place”?

NickMaio

036f2bbfc67e2e2031cc1accd2055bec.jpg

TTA at night. I could ride that for hours.

Actually I have so many happy WDW places.
So special to us💓

Alice a

Holy crap!! Are you me? My favorite spots have changed over the years, but what you just mentioned will always be some of my favorite childhood memories.

EDIT: Speaking of the WDW radio, does anyone know where one could dig up a recording of that whole loop that used to play on that station?

Retro WDW has a file of that radio loop on their website, I believe

NiGHTSintoMemes

Anywhere inside EPCOT Center's Future World, circa 1982 to about 1998. Specifically, Wonders of Life, CommuniCore/InnoVentions, and underneath Spaceship Earth. Despite not actually visiting for the first time until two days ago (god it was so cool, nowhere near as horrible in it's modern incarnation as it was built up to be), I've always been obsessed with the park since seeing Mr.Bergeron walk around it during one of those AFV shows where they were giving away a Disney vacation, some time in around 2004 or 2005. The entire park, to this day in some places, has this ultra 70s & 80s American shopping mall vibe to it, which I have intense nostalgia for since my mom would take me around to local malls as a wee bab when there was nothing else to do. I like InnoVentions and CommuniCore because of all the rad exhibits, including an extensive one for SEGA in the mid 90s heavilly featuring one of my favorite games of all time, NiGHTS into Dreams, later in the exhibit's run. I also fell in love with the Japan and Mexico pavilions during my visit, Japan because I'm a filthy weeaboo, and Mexico for the ridiculously intricate theming all around the inside of the marketplace-themed building. One of my fondest memories from the trip was riding Gran Fiesta Tour. Not because of the ride itself, hell no, knock-off possibly racist and even more lame Small World has no place in my heart, replace it with Coco at any time, please. The experience was so enjoyable and special to me because there was a family of actual Mexicans behind me, laughing, joking, and singing along with the traditional songs the entire time, at the end they all simultaneously shouted, "VIVA MEXICOOO!!!".

geekza

MK, Epcot, and HS are all different places at night (AK wasn't open at night the last time I was there). Both the Mansion and Pirates are almost like new rides at night because your eyes aren't adjusting from being outside in bright sunshine. Details practically jump out at you. I used to feel the same way about Great Movie Ride (RIP). I don't know if these are still around, but Future World used to have fiber optic lights in the pavement that would create a sparkling walkway around the fountain. I love the parks at night almost more than during the day.

crxbrett

Another one I forgot to add to my list - a nice, loud, beautiful, summer electrical storm anywhere at the resort. One of my favorite things about Disneyworld are the really amazing and always impressive thunderstorms in the summer. It's a big part of why I have only ever visited during the Jul-Sep months.

NickMaio

MK, Epcot, and HS are all different places at night (AK wasn't open at night the last time I was there). Both the Mansion and Pirates are almost like new rides at night because your eyes aren't adjusting from being outside in bright sunshine. Details practically jump out at you. I used to feel the same way about Great Movie Ride (RIP). I don't know if these are still around, but Future World used to have fiber optic lights in the pavement that would create a sparkling walkway around the fountain. I love the parks at night almost more than during the day.
So trueo_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom